PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett placed on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. But all of them were thrown low, if you remember -- didn't have to stretch his hands above shoulder level.

That's how you save your receivers life. There have been so many passes where if Brady puts it high our receivers would have gotten killed.

Someone already beat me to it on page 1, but GB fans can finally shut their paranoid asses up about Marty being a liar/faker/anything else that ends in -er.

As far as Patriots football goes, it's a minor bummer but just means we're back to a month ago with the potential for 2 more years of Bennett.

Not surprised. When I saw him out for the game, I was wondering if he was done. He has looked like he is hurting since he stepped back onto the field for us.

Dwayne Allen needs to step up some more, if only to take pressure of Gronk. Fortunately we aren't far from the playoffs and a heavy dose of Gronk shouldn't be necessary these last several games.

There is no reason for Hollister or Tye to be put on the 53 man squad, unless they would be active, which wouldn't be the case if Andrews or Cannon were available.

Belichick might give a player from someone else's PS a 3-week tryout. I believe that Mitchell or Valentine wouldn't be on the 53 for that period of time.

IIRC, the practice period exemption for a player returning from IR is an option, not a requirement. Since both VV and Mitchell are now eligible for re-instatement, one of them could be activate immediately, I think.

If either Hollister, Tye or McCarron were promoted, they'd be taking spots from players who have been active regardless. If Cannon and Andrews were available, it would likely be Karras and Croston who took their places on the inactive bench (although Waddle might sit this week, leaving Croston active).

The only change on the inactive list from week-11 to week-12 was that Bennett sat while Brown was (finally) active. RJF could take Bennett's place enabling Tye/Hollister/McCarron - or Mitchell - to be active.

Well 5 games remaining where we need gronk to make it through the season.

Too bad for Marty B. I hope Dwayne Allen continues and doesn't slack off now. Would still like to see Jacob Hollister involved more.

Hollister's blocking seemed to improve this week after he received a brief but stern, on-field lecture from Brady in Mexico City. ;)

Someone already beat me to it on page 1, but GB fans can finally shut their paranoid asses up about Marty being a liar/faker/anything else that ends in -er.

So Marty Bennett is also a dog faker??! :confused:

That's how you save your receivers life. There have been so many passes where if Brady puts it high our receivers would have gotten killed.

True -- but Martellus Bennett has extended his arms going up for the ball. Think of the play Beasley broke up in the EZ in the Super Bowl. And extended his arms for the ball going down ...

(His job interview for Belichick.)

All part of the plan.....basically got him on the cheap after the packers paid the bonus.....if he still wants to play for the pats next year, the pats got him for a better number.....his salary was 900k this year so he cost almost nothing

Eh it’s all good. It gets him and his personality in the building. It gets him remembering how great it is in NE. Where he may have retired after the year in GB, he may opt to come back for another year or two with NE now that he’s reminded of what it’s like.

Maybe take a look at Scott Chandler. If Gronk gets injured, this team is in major trouble.

Maybe take a look at Scott Chandler.

O97G1_s-200x150.gif

Jesus, Scott Chandler, I hope the guy is OK because hes had a serious surgery but I think Alge Crumpler would be a better signing than him these days.

Humm...can Tony Gonzalez unretire?

Hollister just got promoted into the 3 TE set formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back