Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Could Johnny Manziel be a fit for Patriots?

• Id like if they give him a try

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • I believe he could make it here

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • No way Bill takes a chance on him

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • His NFL comeback is unlikely

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry. He didn't force any of it to anyone. He did not kneel down or raise his fist. It was right for him. After a game he prayed in solitude and not to gain attention, but the media focused on that as being divisive. Yet, he was and is a laughing stock. The kid was unconventional for sure but he won games including a play off. There were a lot of people that played QB in the NFL with talent on his level. Jeff Garcia won a lot of games. Mike Vick was a good running QB. Passer? Not so much. How many of us cheered Flutie? When you have a Nate Peterman and Tom Savage staring and Mike Glennon being a sought after QB....why not Johhny?

If BB could deal with Tebow, Haynesworth, Dillion and the evil side of Randy Moss, if you can have Manziel to agree to be tested EVERY DAY!!!, we gave that plague on society Tebow a try out, why not Manziel?

Ryan Mallet was no choir boy. He hid his shenanigans better than Manziel.

DW Toys

Everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he was a great college quarterback but a ****ty NFL quarterback with a Pop Warner arm and horrible footwork who the media fawned all over. He didn't have an eighth of the arm talent of Mike Vick, who had one of the stronger arms of all-time but was plagued by inconsistency, and he didn't have Garcia's arm either.

It's legitimate to say that Manziel has been a ****ty human being but he was always a much better NFL prospect than Tebow. He had a big arm, incredible footwork, and was a bigtime threat on the ground as well. His problem was he wasn't sized like an NFL passer and his game was completely unstructured, and he flashed but never showed consistently that he could be a good NFL QB with the Browns. Part of this is Manziel's character issues and the fact he missed camp his rookie year, part of this is the Browns, and part of this may be that he was not ready for the NFL. But it's not remotely similar to Tebow.

Isn't he exactly the opposite of what we want? BB has talked about watching practice/game film and saying that on any particular play, the ball should go <insert correct target>, no matter who the QB is. In other words, the target should be based on the read for that play, and be consistent between QBs.

Manziel's best trait is (was) his ability to improvise; he's not the guy you'd be looking for to be a consistently correct defense reader and master of the playbook.
Those aren’t mutually exclusive. Improvising after a play breaks down is a plus.
That said I think we can spend our time on better prospects.
Would manziel be practice squad eligible?
That could be an option to gave him learn the system in the event of a string of qb injuries.

Johnny Football in New England?

I'd bite... coach him up, then trade him to buffalo/arizona/denver/washington for a 2nd.... that would work for me.

hmmmm.... on the other hand, I think I'd rather the Pats sign Shane Falco.

Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry.

I know not this 'everyone' you speak of.

Hate is a strong word. I never hated Tebow, especially not the person. Quite the opposite actually. He wasn't a good NFL level QB and had no future here but the dude was so fun to watch. I didn't care for some of his know-it-all apologists that were not Patriots fans that showed up here when he was signed. One in particular who was banned. And many of the rest of them disappeared when he was cut.

The best thing Tebow ever did in football was he Tebooted the Steelers out of the playoffs. Whenever you hear the cheater cheater pumpkin eater talk from Steeler fans, it's fun to throw that right back at them. :D

I don't mind the idea...but I say let him play a season in Canada and show that he has made progress vs. his alcoholism.... playing football isn't his problem.

He's a talented guy who needed professional help. He reminds me of Brandon Marshall who went from an idiot who was punching glass doors on entertainment centers to a person I can respect.

I don't care what he's done or where's he been I believe in rehabilitation but I'll believe it in his case if/when I see it.

The best thing Tebow ever did in football was he Tebooted the Steelers out of the playoffs. Whenever you hear the cheater cheater pumpkin eater talk from Steeler fans, it's fun to throw that right back at them. :D

I still enjoy watching the replay of that. In fact, seems like a good thing to do right now.

That was a great game vs. the Jets....LOL.

Manziel is NOT coming to the Patriots, that is not happening, so let's put that to bed now.

Manziel needs to show the NFL that he can be a professional first, before anyone will give him a shot. He needs to stay sober, pay attention and play for a year or two in the great white north and then maybe, someone will give him another shot.

You take him in ... get him in QB shape and trade him to gain a pick when another team becomes QB desperate post injury.

He's a talented guy who needed professional help. He reminds me of Brandon Marshall who went from an idiot who was punching glass doors on entertainment centers to a person I can respect. I don't care what he's done or where's he been I believe in rehabilitation but I'll believe it in his case if/when I see it.
His remedial therapy can take the form of giving to others. I think he should become the designated mentor for Baker Mayfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes