PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Mitchell

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, more long passes will led to more drops.

Second, I expected a bit of improvement, don't you? That might be enough to move us to a top 3 offense. Oh, we are already a top 3 offense!

It's a funky stat anyway, but nevertheless I find it interesting that somebody trying to count drops counts more for us than anyone else. Even if it is off here and there, the message is not good:

Not always the receiver's fault of course, but just a sign of something that could be improved. The personnel are not going to see any big change, so it will have to be execution.

First, more long passes will led to more drops.

Second, I expected a bit of improvement, don't you? That might be enough to move us to a top 3 offense. Oh, we are already a top 3 offense!
I do think it is clear that more long passes lead to more drops. In fact, the long passes have been pretty successful, and rarely involved Amendola who has a bunch of drops. Would need to see where the drops occurred. As for whether it should improve, I think that depends on understanding the reason(s) that it is happening.

This uncited allegation of a statement from someone who claims that an unspecified source claims that a player is frustrated because another unspecified source (medical clearance is needed) has not cleared him to practice or play.
So you are questioning a guy who works in the stadium and is a consummate professional when it comes to reporting all things Patriots? Hey you have that right but in this case the source, John Rooke, is beyond reproach or questioning. He doesn't announce things on his show unless they are pretty much for certain.

Well if PFW is reporting something you know exactly what that means..
Not PFW, John Rooke from Patriots Playbook. As I stated in prior post, consummate professional and only announces things he knows are certain and from reliable sources. You can doubt if you like, I will not.

I've moved on from him mentally. Just another Patriots draft bust at WR. He has been injured since he got here. If he proves me wrong it would be a pleasant surprise.

Seriously? A bust.. that is ridiculous

No, it isn't. That's where he is headed. His career is following the same trajectory as Dobson's. If he turns it around, good for him. But he's not off to a good start. Some guys' bodies just cannot hold up to NFL football.

If they don't get another WR...they're not winning a SB. Teams will just double Gronk.

The Pats currently have 3 WR on the PS:
- Cody Hollister, who's been in the system since Spring
- McCarron, a slot receiver/punt returner who's been on the PS for six weeks or so
- Kumerow; very tall, but only been around for about a week

In terms of potential pass-catchers, there's also TE Will Tye, who's been around for about 3 weeks.

Withe the trade deadline now passed and the most common rumor being that Hogan will be out "for a few weeks", I'd guess that both Dorsett and Jake Hollister will see a few more targets each, with Burkhead, Lewis and possibly even Dwayne Allen seeing a few more, plus either Cody Hollister, McCarron or Tye being promoted from the PS as active backup during Hogan's recovery.

The Pats currently have 3 WR on the PS:
- Cody Hollister, who's been in the system since Spring
- McCarron, a slot receiver/punt returner who's been on the PS for six weeks or so
- Kumerow; very tall, but only been around for about a week

In terms of potential pass-catchers, there's also TE Will Tye, who's been around for about 3 weeks.

Withe the trade deadline now passed and the most common rumor being that Hogan will be out "for a few weeks", I'd guess that both Dorsett and Jake Hollister will see a few more targets each, with Burkhead, Lewis and possibly even Dwayne Allen seeing a few more, plus either Cody Hollister, McCarron or Tye being promoted from the PS as active backup during Hogan's recovery.

I gotta hope that dorsett will make plays for us and be consistent. He has the same talent as cooks but his route running's a problem. He just hasn't put it all together since he came out of college.

I gotta hope that dorsett will make plays for us and be consistent. He has the same talent as cooks but his route running's a problem. He just hasn't put it all together since he came out of college.

I'd like to think that he has a better chance of that with the Pat coaching staff and QB than he did with the Clots coaching staff and QB.

I've moved on from him mentally. Just another Patriots draft bust at WR. He has been injured since he got here. If he proves me wrong it would be a pleasant surprise.

You’re just throwing the bait out there with this post hoping to catch some fish.

Malcolm Mitchell can never make another catch in a Pats uniform and he would still be a memorable player who was incredibly clutch in helping us winning a Super Bowl.

As long as Super Bowl 51 is remembered, so will Malcolm Mitchell.

But he's young and it's not his fault someone fell on his knee. He's going to come back and do great. Terrific talent. It speaks volumes for his maturity and talent when Brady trusted him in the most pressured do-or-die situations on the biggest possible stage.

No, it isn't. That's where he is headed. His career is following the same trajectory as Dobson's. If he turns it around, good for him. But he's not off to a good start. Some guys' bodies just cannot hold up to NFL football.

You should make a list of all the 4th round picks you don't consider a bust whose team would not have won a Superbowl without their contributions.

Probably won't take all the fingers on one hand.

Troll obviously...

Malcom was money in the Super Bowl. Brady has a lot of trust in the young man. This statement is ridiculous...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes