PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth is that butler isnt that good. Scrappy try hard guy and he gets points for tackling, but he isn't good at finding yhe ball and making plays on it. He's not a top 20 cb.

I said this before and was called a lousy bum, now it seems the pats agree with me.

A lot of people on Patsfans.com overrate Butler.
You underrate Butler.

Do you expect a cookie for that?

I'm all for trading Butler but Vaccaro? The safety we just played who couldnt cover ****? Or the safety recently benched because he sucks so bad? Nvm same person!

Maybe it is as simple as BB trying to light a fire under his ass, but from my couch he does not seem as effective this year as he has been the last couple of years..

First thing that Butler needs to do is to find a decent NFL agent, not some guy who someone knew and has never dealt with the "NFL Corp"...

It's really early so it is difficult to understand what is going on, but man does this sound similar to Isaiah Thomas' situation. Both underdogs, both already significant parts of Boston sports history, and one was just traded because of his limitations. Butler may just end up the same as Thomas, not finishing his career with us.

Maybe it is as simple as BB trying to light a fire under his ass, but from my couch he does not seem as effective this year as he has been the last couple of years..

First thing that Butler needs to do is to find a decent NFL agent, not some guy who someone knew and has never dealt with the "NFL Corp"...
He and his agent are headed towards unrestricted free agency, pursuing long term gains over short term security. He is like plenty of athletes that have come before. They know he won't be franchised and have played their hand very wisely.

It's really early so it is difficult to understand what is going on, but man does this sound similar to Isaiah Thomas' situation. Both underdogs, both already significant parts of Boston sports history, and one was just traded because of his limitations. Butler may just end up the same as Thomas, not finishing his career with us.
Honestly I didn't expect him to. Now the question is whether he lasts the season with us.

Would love Brandon Graham.
I met the dude at a work event his rookie year.
Couldn't be a cooler dude got to kick back and have some drinks with him he autographed anything he was asked to.
Just a real good dude.
I told brought Eagle gear for the team to sign but I told him while I wanted to support the local team I'm a Patriot fan and hope to see him in the flying Elvis one day.

Would love Brandon Graham.
I met the dude at a work event his rookie year.
Couldn't be a cooler dude got to kick back and have some drinks with him he autographed anything he was asked to.
Just a real good dude.
I told brought Eagle gear for the team to sign but I told him while I wanted to support the local team I'm a Patriot fan and hope to see him in the flying Elvis one day.

Graham was a binky of mine for the Pats in the 2010 draft as a potential DE/OLB/Vrabel replacement. I was hoping he'd fall to the Pats at #22, but the Iggles took him at #13. BB traded down for picks that resulted in McCourty and AHern. And then, Nink happened, so ...

Graham was a binky of mine for the Pats in the 2010 draft as a potential DE/OLB/Vrabel replacement. I was hoping he'd fall to the Pats at #22, but the Iggles took him at #13. BB traded down for picks that resulted in McCourty and AHern. And then, Nink happened, so ...
Yeah I remember some people on the board were concerned about his athleticism but others on the board were banging the tables for him around the draft.
If I recall quite a few mocks had him falling to us.

For what little its worth, I suspect worse comes to worse, Butler would make a great safety. Hell of a tackler, fiery and he absolutely has some coverage skills.

With Rowe out he will be getting more time..lets see if he steps it up

He and his agent are headed towards unrestricted free agency, pursuing long term gains over short term security. He is like plenty of athletes that have come before. They know he won't be franchised and have played their hand very wisely.

Good for him. Malcolm deserves it. He's been grossly underpaid for awhile now, and despite the projections of people, he hasn't said a peep in public about it.

I hope the kid breaks the bank.

Thank you, Malcolm, for the GREATEST single play by an out-of-nowhere player in New England sports history.

1) If we traded Butler, we'd likely get a draft pick.

2) We would then need to trade for a corner.

3) It is unlikely that we would get a corner as effective as Butler in our system.

BOTTOM LINE
Posters see Butler as not being one of the top corners in the league, so they want to trade him. That makes no sense at all. If Butler is a quality backup corner, we need him. IMHO, Butler is better than a backup. He just isn't our #1 corner.

A lot of people on Patsfans.com overrate Butler.
You underrate Butler.

Do you expect a cookie for that?
I don't underrate butler. You think he's a top cb? And your opinion means what exactly?

I expect to be recognized as correct and i expect others to admit that they were lousy bums not I. I expect you to continue being insufferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes