PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be traded before the deadline - emotional weak links are a detriment to the team.

"Nip it. Nip it in the bud."

latest

Of that list Whitehead but Detroit is 2 and 0 they won't trade him.
I'd take a flier on BB fixing Smith but Oakland needs to cough up a 4th as well.

Well it looks like we've been duped again by the local mediots (especially at NESN). :rolleyes:. Really? I mean REALLY guys?!!! ;) As soon as I read the tweets from Zack Cox and saw he was from NESN, I knew it was just another example of the mediots trying to CREATE the story. If you put Giardi's name on that tweet you wouldn't have known the difference.

Christ I would have thought by now we'd become sophisicated enough that we'd understand that who "starts" the game has no meaning except for QB's and maybe the OL. All preseason long we discussed the benefits of having guys like Rowe and Gilmore to counter the big WR's and how Butler might be used in the slot against certain matchups. So why do we now need a 5 page thread to discuss......nothing.

Then it gets worse when Cox determines that by simply not praising Butler means he's "in the dog house". That is huge stretch of speculation that seems to be now reported as fact. So now we'll get more stories and commentaries about Butler's fall from grace all week and the mediots will have an easy narrative to fill their columns and air time. Again all over .....nothing.

While I think a discussion about Butler's production this year is valid and a worthy topic. However this discussion of whether he's in "in the doghouse" or being snubbed is just ridiculous at bets, or just made up, at worst. Just sayin'

Has BB said anything at all about Gilmore's performance, positive or negative? Of, right. None of the media vultures thought to ask about Gilmore (or, maybe they did and just ignored it because it didn't fit their chosen narrative).

If you hear how Jones gushes about Smith my wife is a Cowboy fan I'd almost guarantee he's not on the table for less than a 1st.
I'm in the same boat. Married into a Cowboys family. The wife is a nut about it.

Not sure what to think about Smith and his future. When I herniated a disc in my lower back, I had some foot drop, too. Some of the nerves regenerated, and some didn't. It sounds like his issue is more in the knee, but same problem. They think it's going to come back in the next year, but it's no sure thing. He's still a gamble.

I don't want to see Butler traded for any pick, keep him through the season and take the 3rd comp pick when he leaves as a free agent. They have a good shot at another Lombardi this season and they shouldn't weaken the team for a pick. Butler isn't playing his best football right now but I don't believe it's similar to Collins because I think Butler is fulfilling his assignments he's just playing them at lower level. Butler has to know that his pay will depend upon his play so I don't think attitude will be a problem. Their secondary is a strength, they shouldn't weaken it.

Have to wonder if the Saints are more desperate than ever to have Butler play for them

Butler for Cameron Jordan????

A

Keep dreaming
Payton would be run out of town.
Rightfully so.
How about Kenny Vaccaro and a mid- late round pick for Butler?

There are rumors he's been put on the trade block

How about Kenny Vaccaro and a mid- late round pick for Butler?

There are rumors he's been put on the trade block
When you consider the fact that Butler will bring us a 3rd round comp pick, this trade doesn't seem to add up, at least for me.

No use trading him for a mid-late round pick and dropping down a couple of rounds just for Kenny Vaccarro. I like the idea of having a true backup for Chung, but with Harmon already such a key piece and Richards seeing more time (at least in the box), I'm not sure that we should reach.

How about for Butler for Snead and Vacarro?
Then we send Jordan Richards with Butler.

That suspension really hurt him a lil because he's a free agent after this year. He might get paid some good money still. Talking about Snead.

The truth is that butler isnt that good. Scrappy try hard guy and he gets points for tackling, but he isn't good at finding yhe ball and making plays on it. He's not a top 20 cb.

I said this before and was called a lousy bum, now it seems the pats agree with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back