PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones Suggested Trade Value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on Mac :thumbsup:

It’ll be interesting to see what Chicago does. I can see your scenario playing out, but I can also see the Bears moving on from Fields.

Whatever Chicago does will have a domino effect on the first 10 picks or so and could really impact the Pats decision to go for a QB or not.
not really, they are taking a QB or trading to someone moving up to take a QB

I think the odd trajectory of his career is why it took 3 years.

Had he looked like he did in year 2 with McDaniels or an actual OC I think Bill moves on last year.

But the move to have Patricia/judge coach offense was so unorthodox and bad that they treated this year as a reset.

Unfortunately he became even worse this year.
Three years is the 'standard' evaluation period for rookie QB's to sink or swim, Josh Allen being the poster child of this rule of thumb. Some QB's start out terribly and slowly but surely learn and evolve to become elite. Other QB's follow the pattern of initial success followed by a down period after defenses game plan to attack weaknesses. This groups success is determined by their ability to adjust and overcome the strategies to stop them. To date Mac has not adjusted to teams bringing the pass rush or forcing him to throw to the sidelines and over the top. Depending on your POV MP either failed to help Mac develop or made it difficult to determine that Mac did not have the aptitude to be successful for an additional year.

After watching Mac I felt his fate was going to be similar to Josh Rosen but got a lot of :rolleyes: from the Homers. I ain't going to brag I saw a guy with a lot of deficiencies who would probably be a good Broadcaster down the road.

Three years is the 'standard' evaluation period for rookie QB's to sink or swim, Josh Allen being the poster child of this rule of thumb. Some QB's start out terribly and slowly but surely learn and evolve to become elite. Other QB's follow the pattern of initial success followed by a down period after defenses game plan to attack weaknesses. This groups success is determined by their ability to adjust and overcome the strategies to stop them. To date Mac has not adjusted to teams bringing the pass rush or forcing him to throw to the sidelines and over the top. Depending on your POV MP either failed to help Mac develop or made it difficult to determine that Mac did not have the aptitude to be successful for an additional year.
What bothers me mostly with Mac we saw a lot of average Back-ups who looked competent. Mac wasn't an UnDrafted FA he played like He shouldn't have been Drafted.

Last edited:
To all the Justin Fields Bashers you know who you are :rolleyes: He could very well be our next QB. IF the Bears are stupid enough to move on. I would take Fields over any in the 2024 QB Class. Any here who questions Fields upside are looking through those.:rolleyes:

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

Fields for a 3rd and 4th, Mac for a 4th.
You’re high as a kite if you think someone will give up a 4th for Mac after showing he’s one of the worst QBs in all of football

Magic beans?

a roll of tape and a tube of stick'em

Speaking of McCorkle his girlfriend is starting to remind me of Jarrett Stidham’s wife with the social media/modelling wannabe thing on instagram.

Maybe that’s McCorkle’s next venture after he leaves the Patriots. Stiddy himself is doing the same thing so why not.

This is a tough business and BB owes him nothing but I hope they try to sent him to a good situation like "ok kid we did you no favors, sorry for that, well try our best to trade you to a better place"

Fact is, there's not a perfect fit for him, maybe as a backup in a dome team, Vikings, Colts or Lions
Bill like most successful people in life has an ego.. the last thing he'll do is make an admission to Mac that he did him no favors.. San Fran or I agree Vikings is the best place for him. He can back up Purdy or cousins. An opportunity to play with game changers at WR and TE on both teams.

This is not pretty
The rumor is a 7th round pick or a swap of late 6th for Mac and a 7th,
Meanwhile Justin Fields who many on this board trolled horribly is rebooted to be worth a first or more.

Awful Awful pick, scared the hell out of me when we took him.
Whoever signed off on this pick should never be around a draft board ever again.
Let’s be real a lot of us just wanted them to take Mac out of desperation for a QB. Few people thought it was awful at the time.

You went from praising him on draft day to calling for someone to be fired for picking him.

That’s a level of maturity to make a 7-year-old proud.

You go look up the threads. Start with: “Welcome, Mac Jones”

@Triumph could start this thread as an I-told-you-so - he was bemoaning the pick. And he was about the only one.

The Pats had no choice but to take that shot when it fell to them. There were lots of people putting Jones in the Top 2 or 3 of that class, and many though SF leaped up to get him.

You know this. Your quotes (and there are more) are in my previous post. So saying now that someone should be fired because of some speculation (probably your own) about trade value is truly a **** move.
Nah, but I appreciate the props.

I got alot of ankle nipping from mouthbreathers like SB1, but I enjoy laughing at his kind.

I'm just glad that Corky will be gone soon so this team can move forward.

Interesting the ex-Pats QBs now still playing decently - Stidham and Brissett, but with Garoppolo currently benched. Garoppolo wouldn't be a crazy trade for the Pats as an interim measure.

Interesting the ex-Pats QBs now still playing decently - Stidham and Brissett, but with Garoppolo currently benched. Garoppolo wouldn't be a crazy trade for the Pats as an interim measure.
Really a guy who makes more $$$$$$ just being on IR??
No Way Do Not Want GIF

I think some HC who thinks he can develop QBs will give a 6th for him to see if he can restore his nerves and turn him into a serviceable back up. Maybe Andy Reid, Sean Payton, or Kyle Shanahan.

Let’s be real a lot of us just wanted them to take Mac out of desperation for a QB. Few people thought it was awful at the time.
That was one decision, one that almost all can understand. As now, we were desperate for a QB.

What was the logic behind not having a free agent veteran backup in 2022?

What was the logic behind not having a free agent backup in 2023? Zappe wasn't even on the 53, as befitting a player who is not even good enough to be expected to be a solid NFL backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3