PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

I didn't say what you said. I wrote "rebuild." Our rebuild started in 2020.

That's very different than going 4-10 after a super Bowl victory.

Compare 2019 Patriots to 2022 Rams. 4 of the Patriots 5 OL get injured, much worse than the Rams injuries this year. At no point did we go 3-7 with Brady.

as for the Rams talent, they had 2 players getting MVP votes last year, another guy who didn't get MVP votes (Aaron Donald) is considered the best player in football, the 4th guy Ramsey is a 1st team All-Pro CB.

The idea that we have the same talent as the Rams because both have one Pro Bowler is preposterous lunacy. Congratulations.
You literally just did it again, you said the patriots are in a rebuild so mediocrity is accepted; but also said that belichick is great when not in a rebuild (like 10-7 last year). So they are, but aren’t in a rebuild? Which one?

Screw that! If there is a high demand, I am starting an OnlyFans page. I give you a special deal of $9.99 a month. I will DM a link and a promo code.
There better be a good preview I can put on reddit

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
That clip was discussed a while back. I believe that's Bourne that's wide open at the sticks. Easy 1st down. Mac doesn't even look at him. If course Orlavski completely ignores that because it doesn't fit his narrative. We've seen this over and over, where Mac isn't processing the entire field. He looks in one direction and stops looking. Sorry, but this is not what you need from a 1st Rd QB.
tony-romo-terrell-owens.gif

But...what if he is frustrated every single week...?
He's done absolutely nothing in this league and he's walked out there even last year like he owns the place. You act like Mac Jones you better back it up. JE11 went off on him too and everyone has had enough of him. He can do what he wants if he plays well and wins.

That clip was discussed a while back. I believe that's Bourne that's wide open at the sticks. Easy 1st down. Mac doesn't even look at him. If course Orlavski completely ignores that because it doesn't fit his narrative. We've seen this over and over, where Mac isn't processing the entire field. He looks in one direction and stops looking. Sorry, but this is not what you need from a 1st Rd QB.
I’ve said this a bunch and Mac even said it. His eyes go where the play takes him. And again, if he really was missing guys over and over, blowing reads, etc, Belichick would sit him. And his teammates would turn on him because they also hate getting embarrassed.

Again, Belichick is not going to let this kid take him down. He absolutely would have done what Saleh did. You’re under this impression Jones is inept and Belichick has just kept dealing with it over and over while letting him call out Matty P in public. I absolutely have no doubt he’d have yanked him.

He’s not going to blow a season just over Jones’ draft status and the players absolutely would get sick of not getting the football. Many have incentives and there’s no way they’re taking a hit from a guy who keeps missing them.

I get you’re annoyed, but you’re not thinking it through. There’s a reason the players are directing their frustration elsewhere. They like Mac, I’m sure. But not enough to deal with that if that’s what’s really going on.

Not a chance.

The key for an unimaginative, overly conservative, and predictable OC is simple: audible out of the designed play. Make a habit of it.

Zappe thrives on that. But Mac is not doing it. Not enough. Not nearly enough.

Why that is only Judge, Patricia, and Belichick know.

• Confused
I’ve said this a bunch and Mac even said it. His eyes go where the play takes him. And again, if he really was missing guys over and over, blowing reads, etc, Belichick would sit him. And his teammates would turn on him because they also hate getting embarrassed.

Again, Belichick is not going to let this kid take him down. He absolutely would have done what Saleh did. You’re under this impression Jones is inept and Belichick has just kept dealing with it over and over while letting him call out Matty P in public. I absolutely have no doubt he’d have yanked him.

He’s not going to blow a season just over Jones’ draft status and the players absolutely would get sick of not getting the football. Many have incentives and there’s no way they’re taking a hit from a guy who keeps missing them.

I get you’re annoyed, but you’re not thinking it through. There’s a reason the players are directing their frustration elsewhere. They like Mac, I’m sure. But not enough to deal with that if that’s what’s really going on.

Not a chance.
Well I never said it's every single play, did I? It's definitely on a weekly basis. I've never said Jones is inept. Not once. I've said he's not the guy. I've seen enough of him that I believe that.

As far as Bill, he's already said it's too late in the season to make any changes. He's also said we need to throw the ball better, we need to play better. You don't think Bill sees what everyone else is seeing during his film review? Mac will close out the season and that's that. I do hope he plays better and shuts me up though. Surprise me Mac, do something!

Well I never said it's every single play, did I? It's definitely on a weekly basis. I've never said Jones is inept. Not once. I've said he's not the guy. I've seen enough of him that I believe that.

As far as Bill, he's already said it's too late in the season to make any changes. He's also said we need to throw the ball better, we need to play better. You don't think Bill sees what everyone else is seeing during his film review? Mac will close out the season and that's that. I do hope he plays better and shuts me up though. Surprise me Mac, do something!
He said that about the offensive scheme. He'd sit Jones in a heartbeat if things were repeatedly going as poorly as people think film-wise. They like Zappe, he's just not as far along as Jones, but if it became an issue, they'd definitely make the move.

And I don't know if we'll see any surprises...I have a not-so-great feeling about this one. The only hope is that the defense keeps it close, and somebody breaks off a big play on both sides of the football. Bengals are a good team, and this Patriots team isn't any farther along now than it was in Week 3. Hoping for a Christmas miracle, but I think shock would be a better word than surprise if it was to happen :cool:

Also, I don't know if you saw this, but their two longest plays (receiving/rushing) came during each of his two starts:

He said that about the offensive scheme. He'd sit Jones in a heartbeat if things were repeatedly going as poorly as people think film-wise. They like Zappe, he's just not as far along as Jones, but if it became an issue, they'd definitely make the move.

And I don't know if we'll see any surprises...I have a not-so-great feeling about this one. The only hope is that the defense keeps it close, and somebody breaks off a big play on both sides of the football. Bengals are a good team, and this Patriots team isn't any farther along now than it was in Week 3. Hoping for a Christmas miracle, but I think shock would be a better word than surprise if it was to happen :cool:
After watching the 1st half of their game against the Bucs, I believe we have a chance. 3 of their 4 losses were on the road. A good D game plan can shut them down. They're 0-4 when scoring <20 pts. Need a TO, couple of sacks, and a short field to score 7. Their defense is better than I expected though. Steve Belichick has to shine on Saturday for us to have a chance.

How did you get that?
That's out of the stats DB. Just put that page together this afternoon and I noticed the two longest plays came against Cleveland and Detroit, which obviously are each games he started.

That's out of the stats DB. Just put that page together this afternoon and I noticed the two longest plays came against Cleveland and Detroit, which obviously are each games he started.
Can anyone print reports like that our just you?

11-5, 3-1, 7-9, 10-7, 7-7. Actually, a 38-29 record with Cassel, Garoppolo, Brisset, Cam Newton, Mac Jones and Zappe as your QB isn't even horrible, especially when the last 3 years the team has transitioned talent-wise by having 14 veteran starters leave or retire.
You're obviously talking after Brady became the starter in 2001. The 11-5 in 2008 was a hollow record and came on the heels of an undefeated regular season. The loss in the 3-1 season was a 0-16 defeat to Buffalo that flipped into a 41-25 beatdown of Buffalo after Brady returned. The Patriots were 14-1 and won the SB with Brady in 2016. The 10-7 season last year was really 10-8 if you include the game that mattered most.

Can anyone print reports like that our just you?
That's just a page I created ... not really a report. But if there's anything you're curious about, just say the word and I'll code something out to pull the data and create it. Always looking for new ideas and I don't get a lot of feedback on this, so feel free ;)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back