PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

“You know what, he [Mac Jones] also doesn't practice the antics after plays and waving off coaches and all these little piscy faces and stuff,” Edelman said. “Like he doesn't practice that, and he does it. Why can't you make the tackle? It's bad.”

It's scary to hear Edelman talk like that about a Pats player. Especially when it's about the most crucial player to our success now and in the foreseeable future.

If Jules is using the words he used you can bet your sweet @zz there's a lot of folks inside the organization saying worse.

It's all dysfunctional af. Never thought I'd see things unravel like this under Bill. I still have hope he can right the ship but he has some tough decisions to make.

From an X’s and O’s standpoint Mac would obviously benefit from a competent offensive staff and not the two jokers he primarily works with.

Not sure how much or how little a competent offensive staff would impact his lack of emotional intelligence and levelheadedness though.

Mac played loose and carefree early in the season and turned the ball over a lot. After his injury and the Zappe stint, he was surely aware that if he continued to turn the ball over at the same clip, he wouldn't be the starter for long.

How much of the change is due to the coaching staff reigning him in and how much is due to Mac himself exercising caution to avoid turnovers? Tough to know. My point, though, is that I'm not entirely convinced that letting Mac rip it without hesitation would be lead to better outcomes.
We have definitive proof that letting Mac rip leads to poor outcomes.

Imagine someone reacting "I Don't Agree" to a post that is exclusively providing information about something a player did. There's no opinion or analysis being expressed here; just provided a link with information about something Bourne liked on Twitter.

Does one not agree that Bourne actually liked that Tweet and think it's fabricated? I mean, I guess that's a possibility, but I sure don't think it's likely.
Here i thought Mac had the locker room with him. According to the all knowing @Rob0729 . Now two players liking tweets about Mac not getting it done

How many games do they win if Mac was totally stoic all season?
With that run game, probably more than we did where he turned the ball over multiple times.

Here i thought Mac had the locker room with him. According to the all knowing @Rob0729 . Now two players liking tweets about Mac not getting it done

Kendrick Bourne and Mac Jones are friends. Bourne hates Patricia more than Mac does. Bourne has been vocal to the media that Patricia is undermining Jones. He literally called out Patricia after the Buffalo game for his third down play calling hanging Jones out to dry. You really think Bourne is against Jones and calling out Jones?

People read far too much into social media. Bourne has openly defended Jones only three weeks ago against Patricia. You think in three weeks he has turned on Jones?

That's not what happened. Somebody liked a post of mine in an old thread. When I clicked to see it, I noticed his posts were 180 degrees opposite to what he is now claiming. I found it comical so I posted them here. He's acknowledged he was wrong and owned those terrible takes (that Patricia would make a good OC). I in turn gave my kudos to him for owning them.

Happy?

I don't follow you around to know you apologized for those terrible takes. Kudos to you for owning those dreadful takes.

Go ahead and DM the nudes if you insist.
Cmon man you Know what you were doing,. Suggesting he "apoloigized" for his "dreadful" and "terrible" takes which he clearly didn't feel like he needed to apologize and just basically said he was wrong .. You clearly aren't stupid. We are all wrong on here at some point thats just the nature of sports. Opinions change and evolve with more information you don't need to string people up for it.

Cmon man you Know what you were doing,. Suggesting he "apoloigized" for his "dreadful" and "terrible" takes which he clearly didn't feel like he needed to apologize and just basically said he was wrong .. You clearly aren't stupid. We are all wrong on here at some point thats just the nature of sports. Opinions change and evolve with more information you don't need to string people up for it.

The thing is I don't even care. I was wrong. I don't have a problem admitting when I was wrong. So many people on message boards will go to ridiculous lengths to never admit they are wrong. I think it is silly.

Yes, venecol's agenda here is transparent. How he found my posts is irrelevant. The point was that he thought he could mock and embarrass me with old takes that I obviously admitted were wrong. I am sure if you go back far enough, I have more takes that with the benefit of hindsight now look even more ridiculous than the ones he posted from this preseason about Patricia.

Yes, at the time, I talked myself into believing that putting Patricia in at OC would work. I trusted Bill Belichick. Never thought he would make such a monumental mistake.

Kendrick Bourne and Mac Jones are friends. Bourne hates Patricia more than Mac does. Bourne has been vocal to the media that Patricia is undermining Jones. He literally called out Patricia after the Buffalo game for his third down play calling hanging Jones out to dry. You really think Bourne is against Jones and calling out Jones?

People read far too much into social media. Bourne has openly defended Jones only three weeks ago against Patricia. You think in three weeks he has turned on Jones?
Nah, he just out here liking posts calling Mac out. He loves him for sure

With that run game, probably more than we did where he turned the ball over multiple times.
You didn't answer my question. How many games do they win if Mac was stoic all season?

1? 5? 10? Give me a number.

You didn't answer my question. How many games do they win if Mac was stoic all season?

1? 5? 10? Give me a number.
What am I, a seer? We saw how Mac played when they let him loose. You think they win more games if he's throwing minimum 2 INTs a game? Ok, lets play your game, how many games do they win if Mac got to throw the ball up for grabs multiple times a game?

Alot of that is becuase MP has no offensive pedigree, yes a long tendered member of the staff, however no proven offensive pedigree. Players won't respect anyone who is an alleged player caller without any pedigree.. that's across the league.. be it publicly or privately

String people up for it? I asked for the nudes, didn't I?

“You know what, he [Mac Jones] also doesn't practice the antics after plays and waving off coaches and all these little piscy faces and stuff,” Edelman said. “Like he doesn't practice that, and he does it. Why can't you make the tackle? It's bad.”

It's scary to hear Edelman talk like that about a Pats player. Especially when it's about the most crucial player to our success now and in the foreseeable future.

If Jules is using the words he used you can bet your sweet @zz there's a lot of folks inside the organization saying worse.

It's all dysfunctional af. Never thought I'd see things unravel like this under Bill. I still have hope he can right the ship but he has some tough decisions to make.
Hate to say it but I don't. He let Brady walk out the door because him and his coaching staff thought were smelling their own farts, even in 2017 when he was having an MVP year you would hear little leaks about how the coaches in New England thought the system was so great they could replace Brady with any old franchise QB and still win Super Bowls. Then he dumbly went into 2020 with Stidham until Cam fell in his lap (which shows you how ill advised that idea was), he has no DC and has his son and former player there, he has no real OC and gave the job to a guy who really isn't an offensive coach that just failed at his last job because he painfully sucked at handling the otherside of the ball (and is probably a big reason why Detroit's franchise QB finally set sail) and a special teams coach. He still hasn't addressed the pass catching issue for 4 years and the line has always been a leaky faucet.

I love Bill and what he did for us, but it feels like he won his power struggle with his QB and when it was just him he thought he could bite off way more than he could chew and he's being too slow to make the corrections. He's probably the only coach in this league that would have been allowed to make a stupid decision like hiring Patricia and going into the season without a named OC and DC.

Big changes need to happen next year and at this point it might be too little too late.

Alot of that is becuase MP has no offensive pedigree, yes a long tendered member of the staff, however no proven offensive pedigree. Players won't respect anyone who is an alleged player caller without any pedigree.. that's across the league.. be it publicly or privately
He liked a post calling out Mac Jones

Ever think he accidentally liked the post? He has unliked it.

You love the superficial analysis BS, don’t you. You want ignore the fact that he and Jones are good friends and the fact that he just recently publicly defended Jones from Patricia which many in the media thought he would be benched for doing and believe he hates Jones based on a Tweet he liked and then quickly unliked.

He liked a post calling out Mac Jones

And he quickly unliked it. Much ado about nothing. You Mac haters will reach at anything to create an anti-Mac Jones narrative. Bourne obviously feels for Jones because Patricia has ruined Bourne worse than he has ruined Jones. He isn’t upset with Jones’ play. He is happy that Jones is drawing attention to Patricia’s ineptitude.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back