PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones last two weeks

There's also the little tidbit that Mac took 100% of the snaps during practice, which is odd given nobody knew who would start and Bill said it was always the plan to have them both play. Zappe said he was taking mental snaps that week. Practicing snaps w/ the 1st team matters. He was thrown in cold just like in the GB game but was asked to do more given the score. He came in and instantly delivered, putting the team ahead. The Bears made half time adjustments and we didn't was the difference.

Like you said, it is what it is.
Basically he regressed to Mac level play later in the Bears game. And that's the argument for continuing to start Mac. Because Zappe played Mac level bad for a portion of 1 of 4 games he played in. And still did more than Mac did in the same game.

Last edited:
I'm saying it. Ron Wolf said it. All the personnel guys and executives said it. Everyone said it.

They went 9-7 the very next year and got beat by some bad teams.

On offense, they were not great that year, bottom 3rd of the league.

Like I wrote earlier, 13 out of the 14 wins they kept the opposing Offense to under 20 points.

The whole 10 years argument is specious since he rebuilt the Browns, rebuilt the Patriots, is going through a rebuild now. Brady came in the 1st year of the rebuild. He arrived the year Belichick was hired. That's coincidence.

The other years without Brady are about what you'd expect given the talent level, the transition in a rebuild, etc.

11-5, 3-1, 7-9, 10-7, 7-7. Actually, a 38-29 record with Cassel, Garoppolo, Brisset, Cam Newton, Mac Jones and Zappe as your QB isn't even horrible, especially when the last 3 years the team has transitioned talent-wise by having 14 veteran starters leave or retire.

I don't know how you're coming up with 79-88 anyway. I have him at 79-86. Unless you're counting playoffs. But if you are, he's 2-2, so 81-88.

Belichick actually had a 5-3 record with Cleveland before Modell blew up the team and then told Bill he was not hiring him in Baltimore. They lost the last 8 games, and this was coming off a 11-5 season.
You unfortunately didn’t respond to anything in my post. Are we going to nitpick records or not?

He has been a good coach but their style of building a SB team doesnt work all the time. its a case of things working out inspite of. Now they have heavy contracts and no high draft picks . Lets see how he handles it going forward. Most likely he wiill retire and go to tv as was rumored and leave the mess to someone else. exactly what pats fans need to brace for any new coach. He will mortgage everything to win now and if we dont , he will leave or get fired.
Nothing works all the time, a newsflash to every patriots fan…we should start to realize that there’s no single correct way to build a team. They spent capital and won. They signed bad contracts and won, they’ve done it for 5 years. He’s done it with 2 quarterbacks we have made fun of for years.

You unfortunately didn’t respond to anything in my post. Are we going to nitpick records or not?
I responded to you multiple times in like 15 posts. You keep asking me if I stand by what I said about the talent of the 2001 patriots. I provided you links from assessment around the league about the talent. Ron Wolf called them a waiver wire team. How is that not answering your question? It is.

I'm sure everyone is enjoying reading my responses and your responses to me. As for nitpicking, you're the one that's been doing that the whole time!

Regardless, you're clear that you think Belichick is a mediocre coach who got lucky with Brady

Last edited:
I responded to you multiple times in like 15 posts. I'm sure everyone is enjoying reading my responses and your responses to me. As for nitpicking, you're the one that's been doing that the whole time!
You’ve typed words that strayed off topic that’s for sure.
Regardless, you're clear that you think Belichick is a mediocre coach who got lucky with Brady
I’ve used your logic, if you think Mcvay isn’t a great coach because of 1 year nitpicking, then how can you not think the same way for Bill? Again, using your nitpicking logic, you have to agree. Or are some years just worse than others?

You’ve typed words that strayed off topic that’s for sure.

I’ve used your logic, if you think Mcvay isn’t a great coach because of 1 year nitpicking, then how can you not think the same way for Bill? Again, using your nitpicking logic, you have to agree. Or are some years just worse than others?
Because McVay's not in a rebuild.

When Belichick isn't in a rebuild, he's been good (later Cleveland, Patriots around 2001, post 2010, 10-7 last year). I'll say this again for people making excuses about Rams injuries, they were 3-7 when Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, etc were all healthy. This was a team (as I showed you in the links) considered top 5 in talent.

We're beating a dead horse here. I've said this numerous times.

Psst! I admitted I was wrong about this long ago. I trusted Belichick and thought more of Patricia's experience would transfer. I was wrong and I admitted it.

Good for you to spend all this time trying to drudge up all my old posts. I have better things to do with my life to datamine other people's posts from six months ago to try to make them look bad, but I guess I really don't care enough about you to waste my time. But good for you to show how obsessed you are about me that you put in the effort. If you want, I can DM you some nudes too.
Haha this made me laugh out loud.

Psst! I admitted I was wrong about this long ago. I trusted Belichick and thought more of Patricia's experience would transfer. I was wrong and I admitted it.

Good for you to spend all this time trying to drudge up all my old posts. I have better things to do with my life to datamine other people's posts from six months ago to try to make them look bad, but I guess I really don't care enough about you to waste my time. But good for you to show how obsessed you are about me that you put in the effort. If you want, I can DM you some nudes too.
Let me get some of those nudes too

I hope this to be the case.

The funny thing is the people speaking there other than Zolak were saying the exact opposite things about what Mac could and couldn't do here after last season. The narrative has changed to the opposite of what they used to say.

Now, I happen to agree with this current argument about Mac's physical abilities in relation to the other QBs they mentioned.

Let me get some of those nudes too

Screw that! If there is a high demand, I am starting an OnlyFans page. I give you a special deal of $9.99 a month. I will DM a link and a promo code.

I would take Kurt Warner.

Agreed. I think Kurt actually has some real professionalism, class, and critical thinking/analytical abilities. Strikes me as a smart, capable guy.

Danny O, on the other hand, seems to come with a side of hot air. I’m sure he brings some valuable knowledge to the table but I don’t think the guy’s analytical/critical thinking ability is on-par with Warner’s, or generally good enough to make him a successful coach.

Because McVay's not in a rebuild.
Again, if you have a down year, you are no longer a good coach...Glad we agree. Theres a short list you got there im guessing. You can keep the excuses coming though
When Belichick isn't in a rebuild, he's been good (later Cleveland, Patriots around 2001, post 2010, 10-7 last year).
Wait, so he wasnt in a rebuild in 2021, but he is in 2022? Im so confused!
I'll say this again for people making excuses about Rams injuries, they were 3-7 when Stafford, Kupp, Donald, Ramsey, etc were all healthy. This was a team (as I showed you in the links) considered top 5 in talent.
They have 1 pro bowler, equal to the Patriots. McVay took over a 4-12 Rams team and went 11-5 his first year and went to the super bowl year 2. Your standards for a rebuild are all over the place. Im simply pointing out ALL of your inconsistencies at this point
We're beating a dead horse here. I've said this numerous times.
You certainly are, and youre all over the place. Im trying to figure out who the good coaches are in this league!

Haha this made me laugh out loud.
I've asked for them but he refuses to send them like he promised. Still waiting.

Again, if you have a down year, you are no longer a good coach...Glad we agree. Theres a short list you got there im guessing. You can keep the excuses coming though

Wait, so he wasnt in a rebuild in 2021, but he is in 2022? Im so confused!

They have 1 pro bowler, equal to the Patriots. McVay took over a 4-12 Rams team and went 11-5 his first year and went to the super bowl year 2. Your standards for a rebuild are all over the place. Im simply pointing out ALL of your inconsistencies at this point

You certainly are, and youre all over the place. Im trying to figure out who the good coaches are in this league!
You're making stuff up.

I didn't say what you said. I wrote "rebuild." Our rebuild started in 2020.

That's very different than going 4-10 after a super Bowl victory.

Compare 2019 Patriots to 2022 Rams. 4 of the Patriots 5 OL get injured, much worse than the Rams injuries this year. At no point did we go 3-7 with Brady.

as for the Rams talent, they had 2 players getting MVP votes last year, another guy who didn't get MVP votes (Aaron Donald) is considered the best player in football, the 4th guy Ramsey is a 1st team All-Pro CB.

The idea that we have the same talent as the Rams because both have one Pro Bowler is preposterous lunacy. Congratulations.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back