PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac Jones bottom 5 QB in the NFL? Wut

When I factor in what he had to work with last year and how he performed statistically, I already consider him top 10 in the League.

The media is slobbering over Josh Allen, but I think Jones will prove to be the better QB. He just doesn't have a legit #1 to throw to.
When healthy, Parker can be that guy. Not elite by any means, but I'd say a legit #1 receiver. I recall him getting the best of Gilmore at times.

Lamar Jackson has an MVP. Followed up by 26/9 65% and was in the MVP conversation last year before he got hurt. No other QB is responsible for as much offense as he is and he's had his team in the playoffs every year he's played.

He belongs on that short list. And has been as good or better than Dak & Wilson, recently.
I knew I was forgetting someone

Matt Ryan is trending in a bad direction. I'm not a fan of Jackson either as he's hitting that plateau like Kaepernick did. Prescott is looking like the new Phillip Rivers folding like a lawn chair in big games or playoffs. I think Mac will be in the top 10 conversation fairly soon.
I appreciate when people are honest and just admit they're not fans. That said he was in the MVP race last year before getting hurt.
Not sure "plateau" is the right word. Especially when you judge him by Pats fans standards. He drags an offense that would be dead last in the league without him to the playoffs and puts up wins.

If Baltimore ever builds a real WR corp around him he might put up back to back MVP seasons together.
I said what I meant and I meant what I said.

I'd take Mac Jones over Josh Allen all day long. Allen simply has far better receivers. Ditto Joe Burrow. I'd take Jones over Watson because Watson isn't going to play this year. Since this isn't 2016, I'd take Jones over Wilson.
IMG_20220403_194615.jpg

I kid, I kid, I joke, I joke

I'd take Mac Jones over Josh Allen all day long. Allen simply has far better receivers. Ditto Joe Burrow. I'd take Jones over Watson because Watson isn't going to play this year. Since this isn't 2016, I'd take Jones over Wilson.

Those are some lofty standards sir!

I hope he proves you right then

Also after Diggs, which is a big deal. Who is better than Henry, Bourne, Meyers & Agholor from the Bills? @XLIX

I've been a Gave Davis fan before anyone knew his name but I'm not sure he's better than Bourne or Agholor although I'll admit it's close.

Henry is better than Knox.

I'll admit that offense is loaded but after Diggs it's very comparable.

I hope he proves you right then
Amen. One of the reasons I have him so high is because out of all those guys, he is the one most likely to take a step forward. Now I am not putting him up with Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, Stafford, but those other guys don't strike me as being clearly far and away better.

Also after Diggs, which is a big deal. Who is better than Henry, Bourne, Meyers & Agholor from the Bills? @XLIX

I've been a Gave Davis fan before anyone knew his name but I'm not sure he's better than Bourne or Agholor although I'll admit it's close.

Henry is better than Knox.

I'll admit that offense is loaded but after Diggs it's very comparable.
Again, I'll ask. After Diggs who is better WR for WR? I'm only asking bc you said he has better WR(S)

Davis, Crowder, Kumerow, Shakir & other rookies vs Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Harry, Wilkerson

Also as mentioned above Henry > Knox that's not close.

I wonder how many here would trade with Buffalo after Diggs bc it's certainly not clear they have better WRs at all.

Again, I'll ask. After Diggs who is better WR for WR? I'm only asking bc you said he has better WR(S)
Again I'll answer: Diggs is the fundamentally huge part of the equation. You are literally taking away Buffalo's best receiver to try and make your point that the teams are equal. If you had a fully developed brain, you would understand this.

You know, if you take away Patrick Mahomes, then the Texans QB's are just as good as KC's...... that is literally the logic you are employing here.

Again I'll answer: Diggs is the fundamentally huge part of the equation. You are literally taking away Buffalo's best receiver to try and make your point that the teams are equal. If you had a fully developed brain, you would understand this.

You know, if you take away Patrick Mahomes, then the Texans QB's are just as good as KC's...... that is literally the logic you are employing here.
You didn't say he has "Diggs and he's the difference" you said ... Allen simply has far better receivers

implying the WR corp, more than just Diggs. Not hard to admit you're wrong. No serious person would say Diggs isn't a difference maker but after him there isn't one Bills WR you would take over ours.

You didn't say he has "Diggs and he's the difference" you said ... Allen simply has far better receivers
THAT'S BECAUSE HE DOES. DIGGS IS A MEMBER OF THE SET OF BUFFALO'S GROUP OF RECEIVERS, THEREFORE HIS ABILITIES CONTRIBUTE TO THE EVALUATION OF THE GROUP AS A WHOLE.

Like I said, dipshit.... take Mahomes away, and the Texans QB's are just as good as KC's, right? Right...? Hello.....???!?

THAT'S BECAUSE HE DOES. DIGGS IS A MEMBER OF THE SET OF BUFFALO'S GROUP OF RECEIVERS, THEREFORE HIS ABILITIES CONTRIBUTE TO THE EVALUATION OF THE GROUP AS A WHOLE.

Like I said, dipshit.... take Mahomes away, and the Texans QB's are just as good as KC's, right? Right...? Hello.....???!?
Bolded all caps and name calling lol. Wow you get angry quick lol. Dude you're one of the worst posters here, relax.

What a hero. Like thanks for reminding me of Diggs. I was just unaware of him and how good he is. Thanks for pointing that out and making it clear lol.

Last edited:

Davis, Crowder, Kumerow, Shakir & other rookies vs Bourne, Meyers, Agholor, Harry, Wilkerson

Also as mentioned above Henry > Knox that's not close.

I wonder how many here would trade with Buffalo after Diggs bc it's certainly not clear they have better WRs at all.

I would take Barfalo's # 2 & 3 Outside WRs - Davis & Khalil Shakir - ahead of our # 1 & 2 WRs right now.

Crowder in the Slot is no slouch, but I also like the potential of Bourne there...

Reminder: it's now Double-H vs OJ Howard at TE, and Jonnu Smith vs Dawson Knox (I know whom I would take in that matchup)...

I would take Barfalo's # 2 & 3 Outside WRs - Davis & Khalil Shakir - ahead of our # 1 & 2 WRs right now.

Crowder in the Slot is no slouch, but I also like the potential of Bourne there...

Reminder: it's now Double-H vs OJ Howard at TE, and Jonnu Smith vs Dawson Knox (I know whom I would take in that matchup)...
Davis is definitely close. Shakir is a rookie though. Saying you'd take him over Agholor or even Meyers is a tough sell when both have actually performed multiple years. And I'm a Shakir fan.

Also Jonnu Smith has out performed OJ thus far as has Henry > Knox. Knox has one year where he has over 500 yards.

There's just no evidence, actual facts to support this argument. If there is I'd love to hear it besides "that's my opinion" with respect.

After Diggs Pats have better WR, TE & RB. Again I'd love to hear an argument otherwise.

Someone here once called cam newton a “worm killer!”

Still one of the best descriptions ever of our old friend cam Newton!

giphy(1).gif

Davis is definitely close. Shakir is a rookie though. Saying you'd take him over Agholor or even Meyers is a tough sell when both have actually performed multiple years. And I'm a Shakir fan.

Also Jonnu Smith has out performed OJ thus far as has Henry > Knox. Knox has one year where he has over 500 yards.

There's just no evidence, actual facts to support this argument. If there is I'd love to hear it besides "that's my opinion" with respect.

After Diggs Pats have better WR, TE & RB. Again I'd love to hear an argument otherwise.

Stating that I would rather have a rookie 5th-round pick to pair on the outside with Gabriel Davis instead of the duo of Parker/Agholor speaks more to my lack of trust in Parker/Agholor (& my admiration of Davis) than it does to my belief in what Khalil Shakir brings to the party... and I think he'll bring more to the party this season than a certain 2nd-rounder will...

But yeah I got nothing other than my thoughts... such as that Davis is definitely better than either Parker or Agholor... that I'd rather have Howard or Knox as my 2nd TE with Double-H instead of Jonnu Smith... And those were without even considering salary cap cost/benefit...

Bolded all caps and name calling lol
Lol!! Crybaby calls me names then whines like a child when I return the favor. Crybaby responds in bold extra large font and whines when I return the favor. Roflololol

Dude it’s a football forum. Relax. And stop being such a crybaby. All I did was say I think Jones is a top 10 QB. Am I biased? Sure…. But why that statement made you so angry remains a complete mystery…
What a hero. Like thanks for reminding me of Diggs. I was just unaware of him and how good he is. Thanks for pointing that out and making it clear lol.
Well, for some reason, you want to remove him from the equation when evaluating NE vs. Buf receiving options, which only proves my point.

Last edited:

Agreed. If you lined up NE’s top 6 receiving options and Buffalo’s top 6 receiving options, then went down the line to compare them in order, most people would take 5 of Buffalo’s players.

It’s hilarious how, in order to make the opposite argument, one has to remove Buffalo’s #1 and then say “NE’s #1 is better than Buffalo’s #2..!! NE’s #2 is better than Buffalo’s #4..!! See, they are perfectly comparable..!!”

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back