PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac: "I want to be coached harder"

What did he do at the end of last year when he Had "Competent" coaching?
The same coach that Derek Carr has now?

He played injured and hit a rookie wall last year. How did he do last year compared to the rest of the QBs in his draft class?

This is the meeting that MUST be held before Senior Bowl week:

Bob, Jonathan & Bill...

Bob says to Bill, "I'm stepping-away from the day-to-day side of the organization to devote the rest of my life to my charities and to my MILFy-delish new wifey... From now on you'll be answering to Jonathan... Son?"

Jonathan: "Coach, we're giving Eliot Wolf the title of General Manager, with the Final Word on ALL draft picks made from this point forward... He now has Complete Control of ALL aspects of Both the pro & amateur scouting departments, including adding as many scouts as he sees fit to do... Steve Cargile has been promoted to Scouting Director, on equal standing with Al Groh's kid the Pro Personnel Director, both of whom will now answer DIRECTLY to Eliot... I myself will now Personally approve of Any proposed free agent signing exceeding a pre-described amount...

"Now regarding your staff, coach... You WILL hire an Offensive Co-Ordinator from OUTSIDE this building; you WILL hire a QBs coach from OUTSIDE this building if Axel insists on attempting to continue his playing career; you WILL hire an Offensive Line coach from OUTSIDE this building while Yates continues as his assistant; you WILL hire a RBs coach from OUTSIDE this building who was an actual, like, you know, RUNNING BACK!; you WILL hire a Defensive Line coach from OUTSIDE this building while Covington continues as his assistant; and you WILL hire a Cornerbacks coach who was an actual - you guessed it - CORNERBACK!

"You may keep your Slappies on the payroll if you so choose; after all, there's no salary cap on non-player budgets even while you were acting as if there were... for everyone but YOU, of course... Have a nice day!"
Well said.

This is the meeting that MUST be held before Senior Bowl week:

Bob, Jonathan & Bill...

Bob says to Bill, "I'm stepping-away from the day-to-day side of the organization to devote the rest of my life to my charities and to my MILFy-delish new wifey... From now on you'll be answering to Jonathan... Son?"

Jonathan: "Coach, we're giving Eliot Wolf the title of General Manager, with the Final Word on ALL draft picks made from this point forward... He now has Complete Control of ALL aspects of Both the pro & amateur scouting departments, including adding as many scouts as he sees fit to do... Steve Cargile has been promoted to Scouting Director, on equal standing with Al Groh's kid the Pro Personnel Director, both of whom will now answer DIRECTLY to Eliot... I myself will now Personally approve of Any proposed free agent signing exceeding a pre-described amount...

"Now regarding your staff, coach... You WILL hire an Offensive Co-Ordinator from OUTSIDE this building; you WILL hire a QBs coach from OUTSIDE this building if Axel insists on attempting to continue his playing career; you WILL hire an Offensive Line coach from OUTSIDE this building while Yates continues as his assistant; you WILL hire a RBs coach from OUTSIDE this building who was an actual, like, you know, RUNNING BACK!; you WILL hire a Defensive Line coach from OUTSIDE this building while Covington continues as his assistant; and you WILL hire a Cornerbacks coach who was an actual - you guessed it - CORNERBACK!

"You may keep your Slappies on the payroll if you so choose; after all, there's no salary cap on non-player budgets even while you were acting as if there were... for everyone but YOU, of course... Have a nice day!"

The Krafts are too afraid of Belichick for this to happen...

I thought Jonathan has been running the day-to-day for quite a while now. BK's has been the figurehead for quite some time.
Bob is not a figurehead by any means.

Day to day, correct on JK but big money FA splashes and significant decisions still go through Bob.

The Krafts are too afraid of Belichick for this to happen...
Afraid? Not of Bill. They can and will do what they want

What they are concerned of is having the perception by the entire football world of treating Bill with a lack of courtesy and respect while trying to force him out of the big chair

Bob is not a figurehead by any means.

Day to day, correct on JK but big money FA splashes and significant decisions still go through Bob.
Well, yeah. He still signs the checks, sure. But that's what a figurehead does. The King of England still swears in the Prime Minister but doesn't craft public policy or refuse to swear in the person.

He played injured and hit a rookie wall last year. How did he do last year compared to the rest of the QBs in his draft class?
Not sure what I asked and what you asked have ANYTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER.
He hasn't done jack ****, ****y slides b4 the 1st down markers well.
Let me know when he does something that matters.

Thanks

Well, yeah. He still signs the checks, sure. But that's what a figurehead does. The King of England still swears in the Prime Minister but doesn't craft public policy or refuse to swear in the person.
I didn't say Bob just signs the checks. That would imply he says yes to everything without having the ability to say no.

That is not the case.

I didn't say Bob just signs the checks. That would imply he says yes to everything without saying no.

That is not the case.
Sure it is. How many octogenarians are 100% in control of the day-to-day of the operations of the companies they ran in their younger years. There's a reason Jonathan is always by his dad's side during games and it's not just because he wants to spend quality time with the old man. You can deny it if you want but Jon's running the day-to-day and probably has been for a while.

Sure it is. How many octogenarians are 100% in control of the day-to-day of the operations of the companies they ran in their younger years. There's a reason Jonathan is always by his dad's side during games and it's not just because he wants to spend quality time with the old man. You can deny it if you want but Jon's running the day-to-day and probably has been for a while.
Just because he sits next to Bob doesn't make him the final voice. He is President which is day to day. That you are correct in fact.

Bob is Chairman and CEO. All strategic decisions flow through him for approval.

As for you, you can deny Bob has final say on everything.

Fact is if Bill's authority is reduced or he leaves, it'll be because of Bob - not Jonathan

Mac may very well be average. But you can't really judge what he is yet because.

1. The coaching is so poor. This is essentially a lost year. The offense went backwards in all statistical categories because bill decided to not hire a real OC.

2. NO teams know what they have in their QB in year 2. Just look at the eagles with Hurts and Miami with Tua. Both those guys looked average last year and there was talk of moving on from them. Now in their 3rd year with improvements in the roster/coaching they look like top franchise guys. Now may not happen with Mac. But it's an example of guys who looked average developing in year 3. it's an overreaction to move on in year 2.

Now a lot of this is contingent on Bill ACTUALLY filling out his coaching staff with real coaches next year. We have the fewest amount of coaches in the league and a failed DC learning offense in the fly.

I doubt the Krafts would be okay with rolling forward the same failed experiment.

It's not an excuse, it's an observation. Since I don't truly know his reasoning, you can take it for what it is/isn't.

Agreed. Posters seem to forget that most everything we "think" or "know" is based on observation and inference. We rarely know the whole situation and no-one ever knows what someone else is thinking.

Mac may very well be average. But you can't really judge what he is yet because.

1. The coaching is so poor. This is essentially a lost year. The offense went backwards in all statistical categories because bill decided to not hire a real OC.

2. NO teams know what they have in their QB in year 2. Just look at the eagles with Hurts and Miami with Tua. Both those guys looked average last year and there was talk of moving on from them. Now in their 3rd year with improvements in the roster/coaching they look like top franchise guys. Now may not happen with Mac. But it's an example of guys who looked average developing in year 3. it's an overreaction to move on in year 2.

Now a lot of this is contingent on Bill ACTUALLY filling out his coaching staff with real coaches next year. We have the fewest amount of coaches in the league and a failed DC learning offense in the fly.

I doubt the Krafts would be okay with rolling forward the same failed experiment.

I agree, but the lack of pocket presence and the flinching are worrisome.

Agreed. Posters seem to forget that most everything we "think" or "know" is based on observation and inference. We rarely know the whole situation and no-one ever knows what someone else is thinking.

99% of the posts in the last month are predicated on inference of Patricia being a bad OC despite nobody in the org, from owner to player, calling him out. I can’t help but be a contrarian when everyone is on the same wagon. And now we have a bunch of silly fans that don’t want BB anymore. Clearly people around here are still developing their prefrontal cortex.

It is but I wonder how much is also coaching and the OL being a sieve where he's seeing ghosts. He had really good pocket presence last season. Bedard said his footwork seems to have regressed which is a sign of not getting enough coaching.

I think we need to fix the coaching first. Then see what we have and if it is fixable or not.

He had very good pocket presence last year. So this could be a product of coaching and a historically bad o-line.

Granted, as we saw with Tony Eason about 40 years ago, you constantly get your QB under pressure and getting hit at an unprecedented rate and he can start to see ghosts for the rest of his career no matter how much protection he gets.

99% of the posts in the last month are predicated on inference of Patricia being a bad OC despite nobody in the org, from owner to player, calling him out. I can’t help but be a contrarian when everyone is on the same wagon. And now we have a bunch of silly fans that don’t want BB anymore. Clearly people around here are still developing their prefrontal cortex.

What teams publicly call out their OC? Idk if I've seen one. How is public shaming the bar of whether an OC is good or not.

Besides, their players essentially called him out last week Bourne, Jones publicly and some "privately" to the media.

What teams publicly call out their OC? Idk if I've seen one. How is public shaming the bar of whether an OC is good or not.

Besides, their players essentially called him out last week Bourne, Jones publicly and some "privately" to the media.
I don’t do media without sources anymore. Pats Fans frequenter James White says he supported Mac Jones being frustrated but also pointed out everyone not named Rhamondre Stevenson has been wildly inconsistent. If everyone is piling on one person it probably isn’t that. Reality is never that neat.

I don’t do media without sources anymore. Pats Fans frequenter James White says he supported Mac Jones being frustrated but also pointed out everyone not named Rhamondre Stevenson has been wildly inconsistent.

Patricia is a good OC and the players are just holding back his genius is not the hill I would die on...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back