PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mac accused of hitting Sauce in the junk!

If using two eyes and common sense makes me a "hater" so be it.
So wait. You are telling me that you SAW Gardner double up in pain from the phantom hit to is nuts? You sae that with your 2 eyes???? Please be specific and tell me EX ACTLY what you saw that led you to believe Gardner's story and provide the clip that made you believe it happened. That shouldn't be a problem for someone so sure it happened, right?

Thanks in advance,

So wait. You are telling me that you SAW Gardner double up in pain from the phantom hit to is nuts? You sae that with your 2 eyes???? Please be specific and tell me EX ACTLY what you saw that led you to believe Gardner's story and provide the clip that made you believe it happened. That shouldn't be a problem for someone so sure it happened, right?

Thanks in advance,
I don't know what it is with the homer squad and launching into this hyperbole but no, it wasn't some WWE style uppercut to the groin. He walked by and seemingly flicked his hand in the general direction of Sauce's groin area. Was it a vicious attack? No. Was it stupid? Yes. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he our team's QB and fine, have at it, but something happened there. This whole thing is completely overblown but burying your head in the sand is just corny to me.

I don't know what it is with the homer squad and launching into this hyperbole but no, it wasn't some WWE style uppercut to the groin. He walked by and seemingly flicked his hand in the general direction of Sauce's groin area. Was it a vicious attack? No. Was it stupid? Yes. You want to give him the benefit of the doubt because he our team's QB and fine, have at it, but something happened there. This whole thing is completely overblown but burying your head in the sand is just corny to me.

except there is no evidence to back this claim, other than the fact that he walked within a few feet of sauce

Devon McCourty said Mac wasn't a dirty player. Quite explicitly. For some reason the media decided to not include that part. hmm.

thats what is so disturbing about it all

Jets were committing unneccessary roughness penalties left and right, body slamming our QB to the ground in a dangerous manner way after the whistle... and yet Sauce and the media went right out of the gates after the game going HARD at Mac for what amounts to NOTHING.. a million different posts and camera angles of it all, with Jets players blatantly committing fouls, and no one so much as mentions it.. but keep emphasizing how Mac is a dirty player and the league is "investigating" the incident

It gives me WWE vibes... and i dont like it

Last edited:
No I'm NOT burying my head in the sand. I'm just looking for the LEAST bit of evidence that it happened like Gardner said. Right now all we have is evidence that Mac was within reach, but there is NOTHING that shows that Gardner was even hit down there. That's all I'm looking for. ANY indication that Gardiner was hit down there will do. I mean 203, if the attack was so brutal that Gardiner's ability to reproduce was in jeopardy, wouldn't there be at least SOME indication of pain on Gardiner's part?

You are wrong in thinking I'm willing to give Mac the "benefit of the doubt" just because he's our QB. I could ask the same question about you and Gardiner. WHY are you so willing to give Gardiner the benefit of the doubt. He's the one who would have the best motive for lying. Since he was the one who needed to distract and a change the narrative after he threw Mac to the ground.

Again, please explain or show WHY you continue to support Gardiner's version of events.

No I'm NOT burying my head in the sand. I'm just looking for the LEAST bit of evidence that it happened like Gardner said. Right now all we have is evidence that Mac was within reach, but there is NOTHING that shows that Gardner was even hit down there. That's all I'm looking for. ANY indication that Gardiner was hit down there will do. I mean 203, if the attack was so brutal that Gardiner's ability to reproduce was in jeopardy, wouldn't there be at least SOME indication of pain on Gardiner's part?

You are wrong in thinking I'm willing to give Mac the "benefit of the doubt" just because he's our QB. I could ask the same question about you and Gardiner. WHY are you so willing to give Gardiner the benefit of the doubt. He's the one who would have the best motive for lying. Since he was the one who needed to distract and a change the narrative after he threw Mac to the ground.

Again, please explain or show WHY you continue to support Gardiner's version of events.
Confused Jim Carrey GIF

I don't see enough in the video but if there was contact, I think there's the possibility that Mac was swatting at Sauce's midsection the same way Sauce swatted at Mac's hand a moment before. Sauce was also standing over Mac as Mac got up, so it also could have been a swat at the midsection to get Sauce to back up.

I don't see enough in the video but if there was contact, I think there's the possibility that Mac was swatting at Sauce's midsection the same way Sauce swatted at Mac's hand a moment before. Sauce was also standing over Mac as Mac got up, so it also could have been a swat at the midsection to get Sauce to back up.
I posted this in an earlier comment, but Kendrick Bourne bumps Mac's elbow at the same time that Sauce reacts. With Mac's body being the fulcrum, I could easily see how that caused his arm to swing out and smack wimpy McGee in the jewels.

I see that as enough evidence as not to impose any fine. I'll be so angry if they do.

I posted this in an earlier comment, but Kendrick Bourne bumps Mac's elbow at the same time that Sauce reacts. With Mac's body being the fulcrum, I could easily see how that caused his arm to swing out and smack wimpy McGee in the jewels.

I see that as enough evidence as not to impose any fine. I'll be so angry if they do.
Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning your point about the bumping elbow, which could have changed Mac's aim. It really is the freaking Zapruder film. :rofl:

Anyway, prepare to be angry.

Yeah, I was thinking of mentioning your point about the bumping elbow, which could have changed Mac's aim. It really is the freaking Zapruder film. :rofl:

Anyway, prepare to be angry.
I see Mac, Gardner and Moseley all fined. Mac should get less than Moseley but he probably won't.

I see Mac, Gardner and Moseley all fined. Mac should get less than Moseley but he probably won't.
The punishment decisions are almost always influenced by the PR angle. The story coming out of this game is Mac hit Sauce below the belt and that he's a dirty player who needs to be reined in, so PR demands that he be punished. I think it's unlikely either of the Jets get fined.

He was. The video showed Mac hit him and then Gardner immediately retaliate by pushing him down, and then moments later reach down as he walked away in obvious pain.

That's apparently a thing now, BTW, among this generation, it's annoying. Some kid on my son's football team did that to him and thought it was hilarious. It really irked me, and my son was in pain for a few days there afterward.

It's a total d**k move, and I don't get the mindset there like, at all. Yet this is what they apparently do these days. The older guys (Ty Law, Jermaine Wiggins) seem surprised, but that seems to be a thing now (a "nutcracker"). I don't understand it, and certainly not thrilled that Jones did it. :rolleyes:

sorry, i know this thread was over 1/2 way down the page finally.....but......

if mosely had handled mac like that during a live play, it would have been 15 yards and likely a fine, no questions asked

sorry, i know this thread was over 1/2 way down the page finally.....but......

if mosely had handled mac like that during a live play, it would have been 15 yards and likely a fine, no questions asked
The officials were terrible. I mean, that play on the one not called for Douglas (it should have been PI) was beyond blatant, and it was obvious they weren't doing New England any favors in that one. I don't normally say anything there, but that was pretty awful.

Mosely should have been flagged for a personal foul penalty. He could have just pushed Jones rather than slam him to the turf. Not saying Mac didn't have some fault there (I get why he was mad given the two hands to his chin and bending his neck back), but Mosely could have separated his shoulder and Jones is fortunate he wasn't injured.

Either way, there has to be a line, and the officials did a bad job of finding it for most of the game.

The officials were terrible. I mean, that play on the one not called for Douglas (it should have been PI) was beyond blatant, and it was obvious they weren't doing New England any favors in that one. I don't normally say anything there, but that was pretty awful.

Mosely should have been flagged for a personal foul penalty. He could have just pushed Jones rather than slam him to the turf. Not saying Mac didn't have some fault there (I get why he was mad given the two hands to his chin and bending his neck back), but Mosely could have separated his shoulder and Jones is fortunate he wasn't injured.

Either way, there has to be a line, and the officials did a bad job of finding it for most of the game.
I think their lack of officiating is what led to Mosely, Mac and Sauce all acting the way they did. Not to excuse anyone who did whatever they did, but if the refs had called a tighter game, things don't get out of hand.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back