PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lots Of Progress At WR and TE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what your definition of progress is.

Andelman and White are proven. Everyone else has issues.

Dorsett disappears
Gordon is suspended
Thomas is near retirement
Jenkins could thrive assuming he learns the offense.

Lots of holes.

The problem isn't the lack of progress. This issue is that at this point the Patriots offense is somewhere between:

Ceiling - Greatest Offense ever fielded assuming:
Edelman keeps playing like last year
Gordon gets sober:p and participates in camp and improves upon last year
Thomas recovers

Floor - makes 2013 offense look like a Dream Team
Edelman feels his age and/or gets busted for PEDs again
Gordon does as Gordon does
Thomas retires in training camp

At which point either Philip "Can't beat out that bum Chris Hogan", or a rookie, or some random WR FA signing I don't remember will be the #1 WR :eek:

It looks as unsettled as last year this time, and I think then we were penciling in Kenny
Britt and Jordan Matthews to make the roster.

Counting on Gordon to be both cleared by the NFL to play and then actually showing up seems tough. Hoping the FO knows something we don't.

Dorsett disappears
Gordon is suspended

Lots of holes.
Andelman is a stiff. When he was alive he was up and down like a bowling pin.

I just wonder what draft day trade that BB negotiates makes everyone go WOW........

Progress????

Gordon may never play in the NFL again

DT is over the hill

Edelman is great but on the wrong side of 30

Ellington sucks

Dorsett is a JAG

ASJ is a JAG

Lacrosse sucks

Get our 42 year old QB some young legitimate weapons!!!

Belichick has re-signed/tendered Dorsett and Gordon. He has added DeCosse, Harris and Ellington. Belichick has added Thomas and ASJ.

THE STATUS QUO
If everyone is available, Brady will have an OK set of receivers (especially given that we have solid RB receivers).

Please correct me. I don't believe that we have any WR's or TE's signed for 2020, except for those at the bottom of the chart like Izzo, LeCosse and Berrios.

We have WR's signed through 2019: Edelman, Dorsett, Gordon, Thomas, Harris, and Ellington.

We have TE's signed through 2019: ASJ
We have TE's signed through 2020: LeCosse, Izzo
Gronk will return

Progress????

Gordon may never play in the NFL again

DT is over the hill

Edelman is great but on the wrong side of 30

Ellington sucks

Dorsett is a JAG

ASJ is a JAG

Lacrosse sucks

Get our 42 year old QB some young legitimate weapons!!!

1) Gordon will be reinstated Roger likes him.

2) DT is 1/2 way up and not completely over the hill.

3) Edelman's current contract should be shredded.

The rest I totally agree.

There had been some talk that, with the league going more pass heavy leading to more nickel defenses, the Pats and BB would put a heavier emphasis on the running game to exploit lighter linebackers as we did in our SB run. So maybe they don't see a quality 3rd WR as a big need as much as a #1 TE right now. They may be just picking around here and there to find a decent 2 and just go run heavy this year

Dorsett disappears
Gordon is suspended

Lots of holes.

I have hope for AS-Jenkins too he has put up average numbers with average QB's. Would like to see what he can do with a real QB.

Lacosse doesn't seem like a Jag to me and actually think he'll be a productive player .

I've watched all of his targets from last season and he has good hands . He maintained/increased his production after Sanders's injury which is a good sign to me.

We'll see but I think he challenges for the TE2 slot.

Lacosse doesn't seem like a Jag to me and actually think he'll be a productive player .

I've watched all of his targets from last season and he has good hands . He maintained/increased his production after Sanders's injury which is a good sign to me.

We'll see but I think he challenges for the TE2 slot.

He has a realistic chance of getting that depth TE spot. But we will know a lot more in about 10 days.

Would you go as far as saying that the position is “set” in the month of April? @Deus Irae

I had actually thought about posting something about that (Let's not have another 'solved' thread...), but figured most here would know my thinking without me having to post it.

I see a trade for a veteran WR around draft time or take a WR in rounds 2-4. I think they’ll take at least one TE with their early picks as well. Wouldn’t shock me if they double dip as they did in 2010.

That’s possible . I’m just glad we are getting a few here and there. I’d like to see a draft with less trade downs. I’ll shut up if they actually use the first round pick on anything

I had actually thought about posting something about that (Let's not have another 'solved' thread...), but figured most here would know my thinking without me having to post it.

I was a little more careful with my wording this time around because of that thread. Haha

I was a little more careful with my wording this time around because of that thread. Haha

rofl.gif

That’s possible . I’m just glad we are getting a few here and there. I’d like to see a draft with less trade downs. I’ll shut up if they actually use the first round pick on anything
I think they are done with the trade out of the 1st round. They had two picks in the first round last year and they used both. With Tom Brady at his age, I expect more trade ups then downs.

So far this looks like it's going to be a 2006/2013 kind of year :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back