PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi believes Pats will trade Garoppolo to the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are talking about him as a top QB in this League for the next decade or 15 years or that he is good enough that you trade away Brady and keep him after this season, you are overrating him. He could be that some day. He certainly isn't that now.
In one post you say he could be a top QB and then the next post you say if you talk about him as a top QB you're overrating him.

What evidence? Why is Hoyer not a success?
He is a journeyman backup. We are talking in the context of a jimmy g trade. Soecifically it was stared Jimmy g has better value because he came from New England. The only way to show that is to show what the QBs that came from new England did. If Jimmy goes in the have the pedestrian level of success of Brian hoyer the right trade value would be about a 6th.

And he also told BB to take that DT out of Florida in the first round.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

He is a journeyman backup. We are talking in the context of a jimmy g trade. Soecifically it was stared Jimmy g has better value because he came from New England. The only way to show that is to show what the QBs that came from new England did. If Jimmy goes in the have the pedestrian level of success of Brian hoyer the right trade value would be about a 6th.
Hoyer was the best Qb the browns had since BB was their coach

They could get a very sad fan base. I really like JG but they'd better not trade Brady.

I think Brady would retire before playing in Cleveland

One thing to keep in mind about the Browns is that Pryor is a free agent this summer.

Browns need to lock up talent, and Pryor is a legit big league talent. What are the odds they will be able to sign him to a long term deal without a legit qb passing him the ball.

Not saying that significantly changed their offer, but the Browns will want to avoid spending anymore draft capital to replace the good players they already have. Having a legit long term solution at qb should make signing Pryor much more likely.

Could someone please use the tractor beam to pull Mr.Weathers back to the mothership, he apparently got caught up in the Andy Johnson vortex for the past couple of days and as everyone knows that's a very redundant and redundant and redundant and redundant and redundant and redundant........experience that takes years off of the life of those unfortunate enough to have to endure it.

Thank you,

Ivan

One thing to keep in mind about the Browns is that Pryor is a free agent this summer.

Browns need to lock up talent, and Pryor is a legit big league talent. What are the odds they will be able to sign him to a long term deal without a legit qb passing him the ball.

Not saying that significantly changed their offer, but the Browns will want to avoid spending anymore draft capital to replace the good players they already have. Having a legit long term solution at qb should make signing Pryor much more likely.

They will have a ton of cap space. I am sure they will try to trade haden once and for all.

Ok i see what you are getting at. Let's drop the success question.

I have read that other coaches and GMs think very highly of the coaching they get here and having the opportunity to watch TB12 do his thing every day. Does that turn them to gold or substantially increase their value? Of course not but it does give the other team looking at them a little more of an idea of the type of program they came from- which is a damn good one.

I think to your point, all that matters is their talent, physical tools and what they've done or do on the field.

In one post you say he could be a top QB and then the next post you say if you talk about him as a top QB you're overrating him.

Could be and is are two different things. For example, Malcolm Mitchell could be a solid #1 WR in this league some day based on how his rookie season is going. Saying it would be ok to trade Edelman in the offseason because Mitchell could be the #1 WR to replace him is overrating him.

We don't know what Garoppolo is. At this point, he is only potential. People are talking about about him as if he is definitely going to be a top 5 QB in this league. That is overrating him because there is nothing definite about it. For all we know, he is just as likely to be back up in three years as he is competing for an MVP title.

Could be and is are two different things. For example, Malcolm Mitchell could be a solid #1 WR in this league some day based on how his rookie season is going. Saying it would be ok to trade Edelman in the offseason because Mitchell could be the #1 WR to replace him is overrating him.

We don't know what Garoppolo is. At this point, he is only potential. People are talking about about him as if he is definitely going to be a top 5 QB in this league. That is overrating him because there is nothing definite about it. For all we know, he is just as likely to be back up in three years as he is competing for an MVP title.
You know what it is, I just think the language there is wrong...it's not that he's being overrated, it's that he's unknown. And of course that's true. He may end up being great, though.

Again people are talking like Brady has years to go. He may say he wants to play for another five years but we need to be realistic; that's not likely.

Let's trade a guy we have seen prove he can play and be competitive at this level, and draft an unproven commodity with no experience in our system. Sounds great....

They will have a ton of cap space. I am sure they will try to trade haden once and for all.

Lots of teams have cap space.

They can tag him for a year, but that's not a long term plan for a team trying to build a core.

Lots of teams have cap space.

They can tag him for a year, but that's not a long term plan for a team trying to build a core.

Lots of teams do have cap space, how many of those teams have the GOAT and are making a SB run every year. That was separates a lot of teams.

first.....let's see how the rest of the year plays out

Pats win it all again, and I think it's time to send Brady out on top......his abilities are simply not going to continue for the next several years......they absorb whatever cap hit with the low # Garoppolo has in 2017

beyond that, I want to see how the offense operates from here on out.......when all the right things are in place, then there is no other like Brady.......simple fact is that lately he has struggled with no Gronk out there........and given Gronk's issues, the long term prospects aren't very bright

Whereas Garoppolo lit things up with exactly the guys they have out there now......the options are not so easy

If they do trade Garoppolo to the Browns, nothing less than the Eagles #1 and their 2nd #2

I would trade Jimmy for very few things. I want a top 16 pick (ideally top 10 or 5) and more.

When you look at the first round it is really the tale of w halves (usually more like the top 10-12 guys and everyone else).

If all teams offer is a lower half first and sweetener I don't take it. You are just not getting value and hoping to get particularly lucky at that point or need to take a shot on an injured guy.

If I trade Jimmy I want 3000 overall draft points or more that includes a top 10 prospect or i would rather just keep him.

Lots of teams do have cap space, how many of those teams have the GOAT and are making a SB run every year. That was separates a lot of teams.

Just to clarify, you responded to a comment about the Browns needing to lock up Pryor, and how JimmyG could help that.

Reading it without that context, it sounds like I was talking about the Pats.

We wont know if Jimmy is legit until he plays a full season or two maybe three, he has alot to learn

Honestly I doubt this is anything more than a concocted ploy by Lombardi on behalf of his good friend Bill to set the market for JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe