PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lombardi believes Pats will trade Garoppolo to the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take from that what you will. I would hope that it would be for a first.

Take from that what you will. I would hope that it would be for a first.

#1 overall? I'd do that in a heartbeat. With rookie contracts capped-out, high draft picks more valuable than ever. Haven't kept abreast of top college picks this year. No idea of the possibilities

NFL is a crazy place where sometimes Bradford goes for a 1st. So, it isn't too far out there to suggest JG could be dealt to a QB deprived team holding many quality picks in 2017.

Having said that : JG is making SUPER reasonable money next year. Yes, there is then the risk he will be more difficult to move in 2018, but that needs to be a consideration.

Cassel for Chung. Then Chung leaves a "semi-bust". Then Chung returns and makes that trade great again. You never know what you'll get.

This just his knowledge of both teams thoughts or actual reason he thinks it'll happen?

Take all speculation with a major grain of salt. But Pats are going to get a lot of calls about jg this off season. A 1st rounder is not farfetched

If it happens it would be for their second and a forth/fifth

but McDaniels would have to be their new coach (for it to make any sense)

A knowledgeable opinion only. Says "perhaps"

#1 overall? I'd do that in a heartbeat. With rookie contracts capped-out, high draft picks more valuable than ever. Haven't kept abreast of top college picks this year. No idea of the possibilities

As would I. That said, I don't think they'd give that up for Garoppolo. My guess is it would be their first round pick in next year's draft if that panned out.

This just his knowledge of both teams thoughts or actual reason he thinks it'll happen?

Nope. Just his opinion.

If it happens it would be for their second and a forth/fifth

but McDaniels would have to be their new coach (for it to make any sense)

Why would josh leave for the browns? Idk if that's the right job for him

Selling Jimmy G is not a luxury, it is a necessity.

The Jimmy G auction will allow NE to replenish at positions that require premium talent / replace pricey open market difference makers jettisoned in the past 8 months.

Wheeling Dealing BB has been quite tame in recent years, but because of NFL confiscation, I expect BB to operate in hyper-speed this offseason and Jimmy G compensation will be the foundation of his fortification strategy.

Why would josh leave for the browns? Idk if that's the right job for him
There is a lot of talent on the browns, and with JG as a qb he knows, the transition would be smoother

Havent looked at any mocks and haven't followed college enough to know who the top qbs and overall top 1-5 picks are. That being said, plenty of #1 overall picks have been spent on far worse qbs than jg. In the NFL you gotta have at least a decent qb. There aren't that many. It only takes one desperate team. An early 1st rounder(top 10) is reasonable. I wouldn't trade him for less unless there's a quality vet included

At best it would be Philly #1 not 1.1. More likely would be 2.1 + multiple other picks across 2017 & 2018 as Browns have tons of picks. I still think Bears make most sense, for something like 2017 #2 and 2018 #1.

Not saying that the Pats should do it, but what if the Pats decided to trade Brady instead of JG. What could they get for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes