PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: NFL investigating Steelers using deflated footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
People at Wilson Sporting Goods actually believe this. Back in 2015, Boston.com interviewed a couple people from Wilson and they thought Belichick's temperature change/pressure change explanation was BS. My favorite thing from that article was a Wilson rep saying that it would take a year or two for a football's PSI to change. Feel confident that if you properly inflate a football today, play with it in rain, heat, cold, etc and store it away in the winter, you won't need to add any air or do anything else until 2020.

The company's Director of Experiential Marketing also said that nothing ever really happens to the air bladder if a football, so how could the one from the Steelers game become defective?
The comments in response to that article bring me back to the dark days of DG. "Why didn't the Colt's balls lose any weight?" Absolute derp-fest.

The comments in response to that article bring me back to the dark days of DG. "Why didn't the Colt's balls lose any weight?" Absolute derp-fest.
I had to spend quite a few years eating **** sandwiches in customer service when I was going for my degree. One thing I learned and took away from that time is that most people are total morons.

Not that those folks deserve an "In their defense..." but, at that time that article was written, the only information about the Colts footballs was that they were all at their original setting and didn't lose any pressure. This was false information put out by the NFL, but it was the only info out there.

It was an effective propaganda campaign, though, because you'll still see people repeat the "11/12 footballs 2 PSI/Colts footballs unaffected" story even though the correct info was publicized over 3 years ago. Of course, what Kontradiction says is also true, a lot of people are morons.

People at Wilson Sporting Goods actually believe this. Back in 2015, Boston.com interviewed a couple people from Wilson and they thought Belichick's temperature change/pressure change explanation was BS. My favorite thing from that article was a Wilson rep saying that it would take a year or two for a football's PSI to change. Feel confident that if you properly inflate a football today, play with it in rain, heat, cold, etc and store it away in the winter, you won't need to add any air or do anything else until 2020.

The company's Director of Experiential Marketing also said that nothing ever really happens to the air bladder if a football, so how could the one from the Steelers game become defective?

Not that those folks deserve an "In their defense..." but, at that time that article was written, the only information about the Colts footballs was that they were all at their original setting and didn't lose any pressure. This was false information put out by the NFL, but it was the only info out there.

It was an effective propaganda campaign, though, because you'll still see people repeat the "11/12 footballs 2 PSI/Colts footballs unaffected" story even though the correct info was publicized over 3 years ago. Of course, what Kontradiction says is also true, a lot of people are morons.

I was more reacting to the whole "the balls were underweight" misunderstanding. If a football weighed 12.5 pounds there would be no passing game.

I was more reacting to the whole "the balls were underweight" misunderstanding. If a football weighed 12.5 pounds there would be no passing game.

Gotcha. Fortunately, the deflategate farce also featured people who believed that. John Clayton non-jokingly theorized that Brady wanted the footballs 2 pounds lighter because throwing a ball that only weighed 10.5 pounds would be easier for him considering the shoulder issues he had earlier in his career.

Gotcha. Fortunately, the deflategate farce also featured people who believed that. John Clayton non-jokingly theorized that Brady wanted the footballs 2 pounds lighter because throwing a ball that only weighed 10.5 pounds would be easier for him considering the shoulder issues he had earlier in his career.
The stupidity was rampant during those days, winning that super bowl and the way they did it was just awesome.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth. Goodell knew nothing about psi, but knew exactly what his lie would do to the Patriots legacy. The maddening thing is that other teams have actually done things to the footballs, but nothing ever happens and nobody believes they are cheaters.

If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes truth. Goodell knew nothing about psi, but knew exactly what his lie would do to the Patriots legacy. The maddening thing is that other teams have actually done things to the footballs, but nothing ever happens and nobody believes they are cheaters.

You would think the fact that TB12 has put up three record-setting performances in Super Bowls since DG would put the idea that under-inflated balls were the secret of his prior success to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes