Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I might have to root FOR Pitt in this case. That’s a new one for me.

Investigation concluded. Nothing to see here. Not Patriots. Just a mistake. Move along.
Pretty much. Again, this is absolutely nothing but I highly doubt this will get anywhere near the scrutiny nor the punishment that the Patriots did.

Second time they’ve been caught. I bet that ball was a flat tire when Franco Harris grabbed that ball off the ground.

Last edited:
I guess the NFL didn't want to wait until the regular season to catch them in the act and exact real punishment, if it's warranted. They'll slap them on the wrist and move on. Not sure why it would become anything other than a "you've been warned".

*League is leaving no stone unturned on this one. They're up to $3.86 money spent. ESPN has already leaked that the soft marshmallow balls used by the Steelers were all between 12.5 and 13.5 psi.......and they even asked the equipment guys if they took a piss.

Here we go again, everything comes back to the Pats.

The pigs used to make the balls were full of steroids in honor of the 80s team.

Tomlin, believing that the Pats actually did this, concluded there must be some benefit to it. Being a guy who leaves no stone unturned in his game prep (yeah, right...) figured he better give it a try.

It's 405 Park Ave's preseason too. They just thought it would be too obvious if they practiced against the Patriots. Didn't want to give any in-season game plans to the opposition.

Is there precedent for this? I'm guessing a harsh penalty, like a million dollar fine, a four game suspension and loss of 1st and 4th round picks.

Christ that sounds harsh.

What will we tell the children ?

I know that it’s unreasonable, but this issue still bothers me. I guess it was just confirmation that corruption exists everywhere.

Is there precedent for this? I'm guessing a harsh penalty, like a million dollar fine, a four game suspension and loss of 1st and 4th round picks.

Christ that sounds harsh.
Slap on the wrist, IMO. Way way too light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots