PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

LOL: NFL investigating Steelers using deflated footballs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone actually believe the Steelers were cheating in a pre season game?

Of course not. The defective football explanation makes perfect sense.

It's the double-standard that upsets me. Different sets of rules for Goodie's favorites (Jets, Giants, Steelers, Ravens, Colts), for the Patriots, and then for everyone else. And because of that we need to deal with the trolls ("LOL Patriots can't win anything without cheating"). Obviously you don't take them seriously but it gets grating after a while.

NFL is calling the deflated ball “defective” and is sending it back to Wilson for review.

Deflategate Part 2?: Pittsburgh Steelers found with underinflated football NFL calls 'defective'

I suppose it's possible that a defective football could make it past the Pittsburgh staffers in charge of prepping the footballs and the officials who are supposed to inspect and approve them because human error is always a factor. Considering that's two independent groups of people, that's either a real long shot or those folks are doing shoddy work.

I know people around here hate Florio, but he really gained my respect with how he reported on that steaming pile of horse ****. He was one of the few voices early on that went directly at the NFL for how ridiculous this was.
Especially considering he's a Steelers fan...mad respect. He can be ridiculous at times, but he's a great journalist.

Absolutely nothing will be said by NFL. Maybe and 'ooops' the ball leaked, bad ball!

I know people around here hate Florio, but he really gained my respect with how he reported on that steaming pile of horse ****. He was one of the few voices early on that went directly at the NFL for how ridiculous this was.
Part of it was because he was trained as an engineer in college ( Carnegie Mellon IIRC) so he understood the science and Ideal Gas Law....

Cute story :confused:

Someone asked what we should tell the children?

I’ve thought out an answer.
Tell them that at some point around 1974, all media was co opted and became part of mockingbird. Truth, science etc no longer applies

Last edited:
Shockingly, there is only one thread about this on the SteelersUniverse forum and it was only started an hour ago and has 0 replies thus far. You would think that a fan base that has been so quick to jump on organizations with "rampant cultures of cheating" would be quicker to lap this up.

Shockingly, there is only one thread about this on the SteelersUniverse forum and it was only started an hour ago and has 0 replies thus far. You would think that a fan base that has been so quick to jump on organizations with "rampant cultures of cheating" would be quicker to lap this up.

There's a lot of discussion about it on their Reddit sub. Most of them are just cracking jokes about "generally aware" and seem to agree it's a non-issue, just like deflategate should have been.

700_FO25183247_f836b9c658bf9d0e6521f677f552d00d.jpg

The hypocrisy and double standards would be funny if they weren't so disgustingly disturbing, but not surprising
True, expect for the fact that he continuously makes Spygate out to be more than it actually was.

FIFY

>LOL: NFL "investigating" Steelers using deflated footballs.

I'd die if James Harrison said "cheaters never win" when asked about the Steelers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes