PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Ryan's comments show a Patriots Defense that is quickly gaining its swagger back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's great that the D heard all the catcalls from the peanut gallery on how sucky the were.

They are playing with a sizable chip on their shoulder.

It is nice to see Ryan assert leadership. A lack of a vocal leader has been a point that some have raised, including Micheal Lombardi. In the past it was Mayo. Hightower is very talented but not very vocal. Ryan seems to be the one coming on strong in terms of leadership, both on the field and off.

I wonder about the dynamics of having Jones and Collins as two superstar athletes who were focusing (perhaps) more on their next contracts than being part of a selfless unit. Just wondering.

Last edited:
Said it a few times in the game thread but it's clear BB loves where this defense is at. You don't see him with much emotion on the sideline but he was hyping the guys up after some great third down plays yesterday.

As Belichick always says, you find out what kind of football team you are in December and this D sure as hell looks like a top unit to me. Get that one seed and bring on the playoffs, baby

Said it a few times in the game thread but it's clear BB loves where this defense is at. You don't see him with much emotion on the sideline but he was hyping the guys up after some great third down plays yesterday.

As Belichick always says, you find out what kind of football team you are in December and this D sure as hell looks like a top unit to me. Get that one seed and bring on the playoffs, baby
You could tell after that McCourty hit that BB and Patricia were freaking PUMPED, but they also didn't want to celebrate too hard because if there was a serious injury it would have been in poor taste. It was an interesting sociological dynamic there. :)

Looks like bennet is loving life on a winning team.

As much as I sometimes want to yell at Ryan when it's a 3rd & long conversion - he does add value. Especially tackling. I wonder if someone will overpay next offseason.

Eye test and statistical arguments aside holding Denver to 3 points in their home stadium was something special. So much so that the offense played a game that required trust in their defense. All arrows pointing up.

I like this defense better than the 2014 one, and I expect them to play better in the postseason than that unit did. I guess we'll find out soon if I'm right or not.

Reminds me of the Rodney Harrison days, "They didn't believe we could do it, they called us a bunch of has beens". Loved Rodney, Pats went 34-4 during back to back SB winning seasons, yet he was always playing the "no respect card".
It looks like McCourty has taken a page from Rodney's book. "Remind them, that they said we sucked" is all I needed to hear to know the Secondary is taking things personally and using it to their advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST