PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - the stop the whining edition -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep posting we turned it over four times?
Hopefully for the last time I will explain. When a team gets a penalty, especially a needless mental error penalty, like the Rowe one, that causes the offense to retain the ball, where it wouldn't have, without the penalty; most coaches concider it a turnover. Hence the fourth TO.

THe Pats were going to get the ball, now they weren't except for a mental breakdown. It was was worse than a pick or fumble. Those are usually physical errors and happen all the time to everyone. What Rowe did was worse, and had the exact same impact on the game as a turnover would have.,

Yeah, I expected their defense to give us trouble unlike the experts on TV but not for this long in the game. But let be real with ourselves. In the play offs you need real play makers to make a difference. Pats have 2 Brady + Gronk. Maybe edelman too I guess. Without Gronk and an inffective brady we are just an average talented offense compared to some of the other play off teams maybe other than KC and houston. Yeah, hogan, amendola,lewis, bennett are good players but pats need a good brady to make them work as a unit and get the rhythm .
And as always Brady was zeroing in only on edelman for everything .Even the 2nd pick was a bracket coverage to edelman. I am surprised more teams are not doubling edelman on every 3rd down.
This game was like the 2011 AFCCG vs ravens which won with an average brady performance.
Sheesh. We won by 18 points. We missed Gronk this game, that I'll give you. Brady wasn't ineffective, his line was, for 1/2 a game. Edelman was the only one getting open for much of the time, except when Hogan was, and Brady hit them both long. When he tried to throw to Floyd, Floyd tipped one throw for an INT and Brady almost threw a 2nd one when Floyd wasn't open. Lewis was awesome (except for the damn fumbles). It's the playoffs - teams who are left play well or they wouldn't be here.

Hopefully for the last time I will explain. When a team gets a penalty, especially a needless mental error penalty, like the Rowe one, that causes the offense to retain the ball, where it wouldn't have, without the penalty; most coaches concider it a turnover. Hence the fourth TO.

THe Pats were going to get the ball, now they weren't except for a mental breakdown. It was was worse than a pick or fumble. Those are usually physical errors and happen all the time to everyone. What Rowe did was worse, and had the exact same impact on the game as a turnover would have.,

Get the point, but a turnover has a specific meaning to football fans everywhere - it means a fumble or INT. So when you say 4 turnovers and there were only 3, it causes confusion. I saw this in one of the game threads Sat nite and thought I had overlooked a turnover.

"I'll take Brock Osweiler for $72M, Alex!"

Sheesh. We won by 18 points. We missed Gronk this game, that I'll give you. Brady wasn't ineffective, his line was, for 1/2 a game. Edelman was the only one getting open for much of the time, except when Hogan was, and Brady hit them both long. When he tried to throw to Floyd, Floyd tipped one throw for an INT and Brady almost threw a 2nd one when Floyd wasn't open. Lewis was awesome (except for the damn fumbles). It's the playoffs - teams who are left play well or they wouldn't be here.

Bennett dropped two passes for good gains also...they should have been caught. Everybody likes to use absolute evaluations on live plays that could easily go different ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes