PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Pay Andrews

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have no center. We have no backup center.

If Andrews leaves, he leaves a much bigger hole to fill than does Thuney. To be clear, I'm fine with signing both.

Oh, David Andrews. I thought you were talking about me at first, and I couldn't wait to like the threat. ;)

Yeah let’s tie up all our money to a guy who hikes the ball ....lol

Its OK, we don't have a QB for the center to snap the ball too either!
Maybe we can get Cam back. I can never get enough of him taking a shotgun snap and running head-first into a pile for a 1.5 yard gain.

Thuney is the better player but will cost more money. Andrews is a great leader/locker room guy and a pretty good player.

I love the idea of our interior line being Owenu-Thuney-Mason, that would be sick!! I can understand though if we decide to go with Andrews and use the extra money on getting a front 7 player or wr.

Last edited:
Yeah let’s tie up all our money to a guy who hikes the ball ....lol
A 3-5 year contract for Andrews would be a 2021 cap hit of $10M or less.

Other than the obvious QB, this is the BEST use of the next $10M.

Didn’t bb find Andrews as an UDFA and didn’t Andrews start from day 1?

who says he couldn’t do it again?

We have no center. We have no backup center.

If Andrews leaves, he leaves a much bigger hole to fill than does Thuney. To be clear, I'm fine with signing both.
Draft Landon ****erson C/G from Alabama

Draft Landon ****erson C/G from Alabama

****erson is a banana. He is always hurt. Look at his career at Florida state.

the best center in this draft is the kid from Ohio state.

however, there are some really good run blockers with size we can draft on day 3.

A 3-5 year contract for Andrews would be a 2021 cap hit of $10M or less.

Other than the obvious QB, this is the BEST use of the next $10M.
What? 5 years 80 mill 25 mill
signing bonus would be about a 7 mill first year cap. You can get a hell of a lot better player than Andrews for that.
Andrews should have a first year cap
around 4 mill.
A WR, TE, RT, DE, LB would be a better use if 10 mill than a mediocre C who has health issues.

I'd prefer Andrews over Thuney. Thuney is just gonna cost an arm and a leg...besides I think we might be lucky to grab an OT in round 1...maybe slide Wynn inside.

Big money for all 3 of Mason Thuney Andrews makes no sense. Show me a past champion team with that much cap tied to interior OLine.

We should develop interior OLine via mid round draft picks and keep Onwenu at RT and Wynn at LT. Offensive tackle is so important and valuable and Herron is NOT a starting caliber player.

Big money for all 3 of Mason Thuney Andrews makes no sense. Show me a past champion team with that much cap tied to interior OLine.

We should develop interior OLine via mid round draft picks and keep Onwenu at RT and Wynn at LT. Offensive tackle is so important and valuable and Herron is NOT a starting caliber player.
Unless Franchised, I think Thuney will ignore Bill and get as much as he can get on the open market. Them being so far apart last offseason is not a good sign. As much as G's and C's are replaceable, it's getting painful seeing the only talent Bill has been able to draft just walk. I see them being able to sign Andrews at worst, but would be very concerned if he bolts when the money was reasonable. If the "mass exodus" continues, it may tells us these players just want to get paid or they see playing for Bill as a dead end.

I'd prefer Andrews over Thuney. Thuney is just gonna cost an arm and a leg...besides I think we might be lucky to grab an OT in round 1...maybe slide Wynn inside.
I'd be furious if they spend a 1st rounder on a T or especially the dreaded DB. They need a QB or a bona fide play making front 7 player.

If they end up paying the QB the sort of lowball money that so many here are advocating, there will be plenty of money to spare for the IOL.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back