PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let’s fix this Offense

Cam is the long term QB solution contrary to popular belief .. stuns me how much disrespect Cam gets

Cam is only reason NE is still alive in playoff picture

Give any other QB UDFA's Byrd and Meyers and the QB would be screwed
Exactly. That's what most of the people on this board fail to understand when they are in over reaction mode. NE had the most Covid opt outs of any NFL team and got their starting QB 2 months before the season started and had no preseason games to get a live action feel in the offense. Everything has been done on the fly. Cam also had to miss 2 crucial weeks away from the team during said development. But everyone wants to win now, now, now!!!! And I get that but this year...is just a very strange year and unfortunately this is the year BB and Co. decided to move on from Brady and vice versa. Take emotion out of the equation, without Cam literally DRAGGING this corpse of the NE Pats to the playoffs it just wasn't going to happen this year, although NE isn't completely out of the playoff picture yet. It was going to be a bumpy ride anyone who expected anything more is just being foolish at this point

Peoples jaws are going to be hanging down to the floor in amazement when they see what Cam is going to do for this franchise over the next decade.

Enjoy the show. Cam is the future. You're wrong.

And, shoulder, foot? What? His inconsistencies this season have had nothing to do with his health, but the trash around him - on defense - on offense ..

Cam wouldn't have needed to be running the ball late vs. Buffalo and late vs. SEA if New England had an NFL caliber red-zone target!

@PATSYLICIOUS is right. Must be Cam himself. Hey Cam, send me a message - I will buy you dinner anywhere you and Gilmore want to dine!!

Peoples jaws are going to be hanging down to the floor in amazement when they see what Cam is going to do for this franchise over the next decade.

And, shoulder, foot? What? His inconsistencies this season have had nothing to do with his health, but the trash around him - on defense - on offense ..

Cam wouldn't have needed to be running the ball late vs. Buffalo and late vs. SEA if New England had an NFL caliber red-zone target!
I’ve seen some wild takes but this one might top them all.

In 580 NFL throws, Jacoby Brissett has passed for 31 TDs and 13 INTs. Just saying.

Cam for the next decade? If so, the football Gods are cruel. 20 years of historic accuracy followed by 10 years of balls at the receivers feet.

There is no fixing the offense without finding the quarterback.

Cam Newton is not the guy. If you don’t have the quarterback you can’t win.

I don’t know, after an insane 20 year run am I the only one not that interested in trying to tread water? Clean house, bottom out for a year or two, I don’t care. Either way it’s meaningless without having the QB that can do it.

Deleted

Disagree about Edelman. I love Squirrel, but he has been on the downward slide for two seasons now. His durability won’t be better next year. I want him to retire before he is doomed to CTE as his retirement plan.
I think unfortunately it is way too late for JE to not be doomed with CTE as part of his future. This guy has taken hundreds of thousand more hits to head than welker and welker often has trouble finishing a sentence now

I didn't really care for Cam that much when he was with Carolina. I didn't hate him or anything I just thought he was a little annoying but even with how poorly he played in a couple games I really like him now. He has said all the right things and seems to have gone above and beyond to integrate himself with the team. It's too bad the results on the field haven't been better but I am really starting to think that his shoulder and foot injuries have caught up with him. The injuries compounded with already subpar mechanics have resulted in some very inconsistent performances and at this stage in his career I would rather just move on and find a different bridge guy while having a young guy in place going forward. I wish Cam nothing but the best going forward but I just don't think it benefits either side for him to be the QB in 2021.
Yeah ....we don’t need a replay of Cam in 2021....no offense to him and he has been a great teammate and has helped lead the younger guys....but his throwing mechanics are way off because of chronic shoulder injuries....maybe someone else will sign him as backup but otherwise might be time to call it a career

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back