HornetFB Jump To Conclusions/Overreaction 2021 Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

hornetfb85

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Kinda....On Offense at least:

First: Lock up Thuney and Andrews

Second: Sign one of Kenny Golladay, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, or Chris Godwin.

Third: Sign one of Hunter Henry or Jonny Smith.

Fourth: Draft DeVonta Smith from Alabama

Fifth: QB...not real sure yet

RB: Harris and Michel (5th rd draft pick)
WR: Golladay
WR: D. Smith
WR: Edelman
TE: Henry
T: Wynn
G: Thuney
C: Andrews
G: Mason
T: Onwenu

I don’t know, just thinkin out loud

Kinda....On Offense at least:

First: Lock up Thuney and Andrews

Second: Sign one of Kenny Golladay, Allen Robinson, Will Fuller, or Chris Godwin.

Third: Sign one of Hunter Henry or Jonny Smith.

Fourth: Draft DeVonta Smith from Alabama

Fifth: QB...not real sure yet

RB: Harris and Michel (5th rd draft pick)
WR: Golladay
WR: D. Smith
WR: Edelman
TE: Henry
T: Wynn
G: Thuney
C: Andrews
G: Mason
T: Onwenu

I don’t know, just thinkin out loud
I've been driving the "Sign Thuney" bus and want him here long-term. And I love Smith, he'll make an immediate impact even though he's not a freak.

I'm dropping a Devonta Smith report in the draft forum soon and love him. He's tiny, maybe 6'1/190. He might run a high 4.4 so unless someone loves him he might slip in the 2nd round.
If I'm Bill I'm trading our comp picks for an extra 2nd. Possibly using another to move up with our other 2nd. Another draft where I'd want as many top 60-100 picks as I can get.

Andrews has missed a lot of time lately. Thuney is looking for very big $.

I've been driving the "Sign Thuney" bus and want him here long-term. And I love Smith, he'll make an immediate impact even though he's not a freak.

I'm dropping a Devonta Smith report in the draft forum soon and love him. He's tiny, maybe 6'1/190. He might run a high 4.4 so unless someone loves him he might slip in the 2nd round.
If I'm Bill I'm trading our comp picks for an extra 2nd. Possibly using another to move up with our other 2nd. Another draft where I'd want as many top 60-100 picks as I can get.
Smith on this team, please. But I can't see him slipping down in to the 2nd.

Smith on this team, please. But I can't see him slipping down in to the 2nd.
I love him too. He's a good one.

I think it's a possibility though. His speed isn't bad and plays way bigger than his size. Teams are weird, have thresholds. I think there's a decent chance he falls. Who knows the draft is always a little weird.

Agree with a lot, a few comments:

- I'd try to move Thuney. Don't think we're setting the guard market with him and comp pick might be lost based on FA signings. If we could get a #3 for him, I'd do it.

- I love Smith (would take the #1). It's a good year at WR and TE this year so if we choose one of those positions we can definitely get one.

- 3 stud (rated) QBs this year who we won't get but there's also 3 second tier ones. If they like Mac Jones, Trask or Zach Wilson they may be able to get one of those (assuming they come out).

If they can get the QB I'm doing that 100%. If not, I'm good with the WR/TE whether it's Smith, Waddle, Rondale Jones, Kyle Pitts or Pat Freiermuth.

Did a rewatch of the first half of the Broncos game. Really liked what I saw out of Herron at LT and Onwenu at G. Let me be more descriptive, Onwenu is a d@m& destroyer at G. So I’ve kinda rethought my previous thinking. Onwenu is my RG of the future (I know it’s only been 5 games, but refer to the title of this thread). Some are gonna start in about Shag Mason being entrenched there and the ugly contract. So here’s what I propose;

1) Sign Thuney For the long haul.
2) Let Andrews walk
3) Cut Cannon loose
4) Draft Ohio St. C Josh Myers

Go into next season with:
LT: Wynn
LG: Onwenu
C: Thuney
RG: Mason
RT: Herron

Cut Mason loose after 2021.

If Herron proves able to handle RT, great...if not use mid round draft pick next year on a RT.
If Herron proves able to handle RT, great...if not use mid round draft pick next year on a RT.

2022 OL
LT: Wynn
LG: Thuney
C: Myers
RG: Onwenu
RT: Herron/Draft Pick

Just curious. Does anyone feel confident that Stidham could be long term solution at QB. Before season started, many on this board were hyping him up.
I do not see Cam as a long term solution. Too inconsistent at this point in his career.

Just curious. Does anyone feel confident that Stidham could be long term solution at QB. Before season started, many on this board were hyping him up.
I do not see Cam as a long term solution. Too inconsistent at this point in his career.
Seen nothing out of Stidham that indicates he's the answer. He wears a Patriots jersey, that's all. Interception machine and lost 2nd string QB job to Hoyer. Maybe wishful thinking he'll be good, but seen nothing that indicates "confidence".

It's hard to still be hyped about this guy when he can't even pass the garbage time eye test. Jimmy G looked very capable against the Chiefs which led to the "we're onto Cincinnati".

Not a bad look for 2021 , if we could capture a few of those moves and also add another DT then it would be a start

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft