Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Spurs

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Lakers

Votes: 67 59.3%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
I stopped caring about the NBA when the Cs big 3 went off...but that was around the time of Lebrons "decision". An entire TV show to where he would go. That right there turned me off and now you know the 2 teams who have a real shot at winning every year.

NHL anything can happen. NFL same. NBA...nope

Meh...I mean the Decision was a little distasteful but something like that would never lead me to stop watching a sport entirely. Maybe just a but of an overreaction?

Meh...I mean the Decision was a little distasteful but something like that would never lead me to stop watching a sport entirely. Maybe just a but of an overreaction?
I overheard someone state that “The Decision” from 2010 wasn’t as bad as it seemed, because he donated some of the proceeds from the advertising to a certain charity, but I don’t know if there’s any truth to that or not.

I do know that he helped raise 41m dollars back in 2014 for a program that helps to mentor youth and keeps track of them from 3rd grade on. If they have a 3.0 GPA at the end of a certain year (maybe junior), they are eligible for a free ride scholarship at the University of Akron, where he grew up. While he’s a bit of a diva, it’s a great way to give back to the community.

I overheard someone state that “The Decision” from 2010 wasn’t as bad as it seemed, because he donated some of the proceeds from the advertising to a certain charity, but I don’t know if there’s any truth to that or not.

I do know that he helped raise 41m dollars back in 2014 for a program that helps to mentor youth and keeps track of them from 3rd grade on. If they have a 3.0 GPA at the end of a certain year (maybe junior), they are eligible for a free ride scholarship at the University of Akron, where he grew up. While he’s a bit of a diva, it’s a great way to give back to the community.
The Decision beneficiary was, I believe, the Boys and Girls Clubs. There's no question he loves to run the show and he's often dismissive of GMs and coaches. I heard Jeff Van Gundy yesterday say that Luke Walton will likely experience more winning and less fun next season. If James and Magic Johnson end up in a conflict it might become "grab your popcorn" time.

Lebroni raymone James’s a coach killer. I can’t believe they’re asking this guy for input on the team. He was responsible for bringing jr smith to Cleveland and the Tristan Thompson contract.
How did he kill Ty Lue and Eric Spolstra?

Only if you are a coach which sucks you do not survive

Yes, he did this, and that's a lot of money even for a guy as rich as James. Most athletes peanut-butter spread the money around in comparatively small amounts so they can get the most positive PR out of it and not upset one nonprofit over another. James went all in on this one effort.

Last edited:
Yes, he did this, and that's a lot of money even for a guy as rich as James. Most athletes peanut-butter spread the money around in comparatively small amounts so they can get the most positive PR out of it and not upset one nonprofit over another. James went all in on this one effort.

Yup, how many people have donated an entire year's salary?

True but he doesn't suck

Lebron is a legit good person off the court. Unlike a guy like Kobe.

• Agree
Reactions: jah

Interesting...I wonder if that offer came before or after Danny wasted precious cap resources on the useless stiff Baynes.

Horford
Hayward
Brown
Tatum
Smart and/or Rozier
4 1st round draft picks

Even if Irving walks, Boston should be in great shape, as long as the kids keep developing.
Heyward, Tatum, draft picks: yes.

Horford, Brown, Smart/Rozier: er...

Lebron is a legit good person off the court. Unlike a guy like Kobe.

Yes but i dont like him on the court. He’s one of the all time greats though but i wouldn’t put him in Jordan territory.

Interesting...I wonder if that offer came before or after Danny wasted precious cap resources on the useless stiff Baynes.

I have no idea what you could possibly have against any of those players in the context of my statement.

No it's pretty documented that the Decision. It raised 2.5 million for the Boys and Girls Club and then 3.5 million for other charities.

The Celtics didn't even hear about Boogie's interest until he signed with GS. That came about very quickly. Like GS Boston had the Tax Payers Mid Level Exception available that's what Cousin's signed for.

Baynes is way more to the point. Cousins is still recovering from achilles and won't be ready until maybe January. He's also a head case. Baynes provides the toughness they need and will for the whole reason. Plus he fits the team like a glove.

Celtics have by far the best team in the East.

The Celtics didn't even hear about Boogie's interest until he signed with GS. That came about very quickly. Like GS Boston had the Tax Payers Mid Level Exception available that's what Cousin's signed for.

Baynes is way more to the point. Cousins is still recovering from achilles and won't be ready until maybe January. He's also a head case. Baynes provides the toughness they need and will for the whole reason. Plus he fits the team like a glove.

Celtics have by far the best team in the East.

Agree with everything. But one thing left out, cousins when he comes back will be a much better player than Baynes. This was a huge signing for GSW for next years stretch run.

Agree with everything. But one thing left out, cousins when he comes back will be a much better player than Baynes. This was a huge signing for GSW for next years stretch run.

There are a few things that are unknown. How healthy will he be? Will he be disruptive? Even if he is not disruptive will he fit in? N.O. was BETTER after he got hurt.

It potentially helps. I'm sure if he's a negative he'll stew somewhere.

There are a few things that are unknown. How healthy will he be? Will he be disruptive? Even if he is not disruptive will he fit in? N.O. was BETTER after he got hurt.

It potentially helps. I'm sure if he's a negative he'll stew somewhere.

He has no choice but to be a good soldier. His big payday depends on it.

I have no idea what you could possibly have against any of those players in the context of my statement.
Simple: Heyward & Tatum & possibly the draft picks - provided that Danny is smart enough to keep them, especially the Sacremento pick - can help a team win a place in the finals; Horford, Brown & Smart/Rozier do not.

He has no choice but to be a good soldier. His big payday depends on it.

He still might not fit, or be healthy. That type of achilles injury is very tricky. He definitely has more talent than Baynes.

Mods: Yeesh. Can you move this thread to a roundball related sub-forum? The offseason is trying enough as it is.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back