PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lane Johnson says Pats are no fun and run by fear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Eagles are built for the long haul. They play in football’s best division and will be tested throughout the season.
Having said that, they have supplanted Baltimore as my most hated non-NYJ team.

Speaking of the NFC east...it just occurred to me we are 0-3 against them in the Super Bowl.

1-3

This must have come from deep heart to hearts with Chris Long. The attention whore who left because he didn’t get enough me time.

Long is a smart guy. His father is in the media. You know all this…
I’m sure he knows what to say publicly and what to say privately. This whole donating of the salary thing is gracious and wonderful. But for a guy who’s earned close to $90 million in his career, he donated $1 million. I don’t mean to make it seem like it’s nothing, but “donating ones entire annual salary“ though accurate, should be taken in context.

My point is, he is a savvy guy and I would never expect him to say anything negative about the patriots publicly. I think just the fact that he left willingly at the first opportunity, says it all.
So you are basically saying Long was lying in a diplomatic way.

He left because he couldn’t win daddies love playing as a system lineman

i dont know what is with greg jennings, he is always anti patriots

Last edited:
He must have read the game threads here. No fun, fear... got it in spades.

I know but it’s my specialty.
You know, I was just deleting my post when your alert came up because it is seldom worth getting into to a pissing contest over this type of stuff. But, it just seems to me that when guys choose to leave NE, they typically get vilified for it. Unlike many who leave, Long seemed honest and respectful. He thanked everyone, didn't burn any bridges and simply said the system here wasn't the best for him with which, by the way, Bill B. publicly agreed. If people want to criticize him for his politics or stands on social issues, have at it. But, don't obscure that by claiming he's some bad teammate who bad-mouths people behind their backs because I've seen no evidence of that.

You know, I was just deleting my post when your alert came up because it is seldom worth getting into to a pissing contest over this type of stuff. But, it just seems to me that when guys choose to leave NE, they typically get vilified for it. Unlike many who leave, Long seemed honest and respectful. He thanked everyone, didn't burn any bridges and simply said the system here wasn't the best for him with which, by the way, Bill B. publicly agreed. If people want to criticize him for his politics or stands on social issues, have at it. But, don't obscure that by claiming he's some bad teammate who bad-mouths people behind their backs because I've seen no evidence of that.

I’m not even saying any of that and I do not do pissing contests. I’m poking fun at Chris Long because it’s fun. Any time anyone leaves, I try to drag them through as much mud as I’m able but not even I believe it half the time

If we didn't have 5 rings i would actually care.

This must have come from deep heart to hearts with Chris Long. The attention whore who left because he didn’t get enough me time.
I agree with all of the above, though I wish that Bill had a better backup plan to replace Ninkovich, who he must've known was already considering retirement much earlier during the off-season than was officially announced. Bill should've gone an extra step
- or two - to try to convince Long to stay; we could've used him, or somebody like him, in the SB.

The NFC East isn't close to the best division. Funny, I thought we beat the Eagles in a Super Bowl. My mistake...

Yeah I’d say the NFC South is better for sure. Maybe even the NFC West. AFC South could also be a helluva division in the next couple of years.

Pats are 1-3 in Super Bowls vs NFC East competition.

Will wonders never cease? Of all people, Trollin' Volin *****-slapped Lane Johnson in his Football Notes column in this morning's Globe. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile. Update/correction: I should have known better. Jim McBride, a fair-minded straight shooter, subbed for Volin in that column this morning. McBride's observations on the Johnson comments were far too pro-Patriot to be Volin's.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to see that “fun house” system in Philadelphia when they aren’t winning consistently. Heard the same thing about Rex Ryan’s Jets until their “fun” was exposed (as it always is) as a coincidence rather than the causation of success against the Patriots. When the Eagles win their sixth Super Bowl 20 years from now and break all the Patriots impossible records with their newfound philosophy of being happy and loose, at that point I’ll go as far as to lookup Lane Johnson on Google. The only time I heard of him previously was for several PED suspensions.

Can’t wait to see that “fun house” system in Philadelphia when they aren’t winning consistently. Heard the same thing about Rex Ryan’s Jets until their “fun” was exposed (as it always is) as a coincidence rather than the causation of success against the Patriots. When the Eagles win their sixth Super Bowl 20 years from now and break all the Patriots impossible records with their newfound philosophy of being happy and loose, at that point I’ll go as far as to lookup Lane Johnson on Google. The only time I heard of him previously was for several PED suspensions.
This is exactly right, and truly why I either don't care what a guy like this has to say or actually welcome it, because he's setting his team up so well for failure. They won a Super Bowl, here's betting the no fun Pats win another (at least) before they do.

Never heard a thing about him before, don't even know his position. Just a mouth running full speed and a brain running quarter speed. Lets see how he feels when they replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots