PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's incredibly pathetic if so.

Yep

The past 18 years have been nothing if not a spectacular failure. You guys( you, Triumph, Captain Stone etc...) were right all along, Belichick sucks and you are the only ones who can see that. Thank god we have clear minded individuals who have followed the path Borges laid down. I don’t know how the homers who think this is success can sleep at night. They probably think Kate Upton is a babe as well.

Kyle is a decent number 3 LB. He can make a few plays here and there but he also gives up a few plays as well. I hope he can be better this season as the Patriots will need him to be a solid number 2 LB.

As for the Ninkovich, well he was a solid 3-4 OLB. He was not anything special, you guys are really pumping him up. The guy wasn't that great against the run or the pass and was a decent pass rusher.

If we can get a 2-for-1 special with Richards AND Roberts saying bye bye, I might throw a block party.

Yeah.. I wrote a similar thing in the "What are you looking for ?" TC thread. If our DBs and LBs step up enough to make the team move on from Richards and Roberts I will be an extremely happy camper.

That to me is the baseline for a successful offseason. Unless a couple injuries happen I don't want to stand here at the start of September and rely again on the likes of those.

Yeah.. I wrote a similar thing in the "What are you looking for ?" TC thread. If our DBs and LBs step up enough to make the team move on from Richards and Roberts I will be an extremely happy camper.

That to me is the baseline for a successful offseason. Unless a couple injuries happen I don't want to stand here at the start of September and rely again on the likes of those.

Richards has the brain without the ability and Roberts has the run-stopping ability without the brain. If we can somehow merge Richards' brain into Roberts' body, we'd have ourselves a halfway decent two down thumper.

Where are all the posters who said he sucks?
A serviceable back-up at best. If he’s the starter next to Hightower come Week 1, the LB position will once again be a weakness and we should all pray for Hightower’s health. Hopefully one of the draftees is a diamond in the rough. The defense could use it.
He looks the part but is actually not that good. He is decent on the edge, but looks lost playing the run in the middle of the defense.
He’s good enough to be a starter on our team but only because we don’t have players as good as we would like.

Perhaps I over exaggerated with the word suck, but essentially some do think he’s not that good of a player.

Perhaps I over exaggerated with the word suck, but essentially some do think he’s not that good of a player.

Well, he's not that good of a player, and I think I demonstrated that in my post comparing him to 6 seasons of Patriots LBs. But pointing that out is not the same as saying he sucks. He's a mediocrity, and I think the thread posters were pretty consistent on that, overall, with "serviceable" being a frequent descriptor.

That's how I saw the thread, anyway. Anyway, training camp is here, and hopefully we'll have more to talk about moving forward.

Wasn't even close today he was clearly your best coverage LBer.

I’m curious as to what the consensus is around here about him.

I tend to get a very mixed vibe as to how good of a player people think he actually is.

I’m a fan. He comes cheap, seems like he understands what he is supposed to do, and enjoys the team/coaching.

Do I wish he had made one play in that last game ? Sure. But, overall, this team has had good play from Van Noy.

I’m a fan. He comes cheap, seems like he understands what he is supposed to do, and enjoys the team/coaching.

Do I wish he had made one play in that last game ? Sure. But, overall, this team has had good play from Van Noy.

Agreed, what did we give up a 6th for KVN and a 7th? Compare that to what traded to get Cassius marsh.

Well, he's not that good of a player, and I think I demonstrated that in my post comparing him to 6 seasons of Patriots LBs. But pointing that out is not the same as saying he sucks. He's a mediocrity, and I think the thread posters were pretty consistent on that, overall, with "serviceable" being a frequent descriptor.

That's how I saw the thread, anyway. Anyway, training camp is here, and hopefully we'll have more to talk about moving forward.

Like I said. You claimed Ninkovich sucked for many years and then started beating his drum without ever actually admitting you were incorrect about him.

Like I said. You claimed Ninkovich sucked for many years and then started beating his drum without ever actually admitting you were incorrect about him.

Honestly, that’s as good of an admittance of being wrong that your going to get. Just accept it.

Nink was much better with his hand in the dirt and less coverage responsibilities as a DE than he was when the team was in the 34. He was pretty rough when he first started out and improved from there.

At the start of the 2017 season, KVN had played a total of about 650 regular season defensive snaps in his career to that point (3 seasons), including 250 for the Pats in 2016 when he was in a situational/rotational role alongside HT with McClellin and Roberts also taking a decent amount of snaps. And, of course, the LB corps was playing behind a very good DL in 2016.

Then, suddenly in 2017, KVN is playing 710 snaps in the HT role behind a truly crappy DL.

IDK. It seems like a difficult eval for me. However, I think that he's likely to be much more effective this year as a "#2 LB" with more experience, playing alongside a healthy HT and behind an improved DL.

Greetings to all from a very sunny and warm Bahrain( 42° ).
Very disappointed in some here over KVN. I see him as a very dependable SOLID player and sometimes playing hard and brave even when carrying an injury in some games.
I may not write the Xs and Os but my eyes tells me while watching is that he covers and Tackles very well.
I like him and with number 54 next to him I am so certain if healthy we have one of the better D in the League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back