PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Dugger

for as bad as bb is picking defensive backs in the second round, look at how good he excels at finding udfa’s for the defensive backfield.

sadly when it comes to wide receivers, he is completely clueless and at the mercy of Lady Luck!

Yea. He finds great CBs out of the UFA pool like Malcolm Butler and JC Jackson. Trades for Gilmore. But makes like 6 bust picks in the 2nd round. Same at receiver. Finds Jacobi Meyers. Finds Gunner. But busts on Harry and Dobson and many more. But this literally sounds like the WR/CB draft change due to McDaniels, whatever happened, has seriously screwed up the top-round draft pick scouting as well as decision making. I think we need to completely avoid drafting WR/CBs in the first 3 rounds until they burn whatever crap McDaniels wrote up, which Bill changed to, and go back to what Bill's dad's scouting system was before.

So fellas, is Dugger still going to Canton after Thursday night or no?

At this point I do not know what we have in Duggar, but what I do know is that Duggar has clearly out played Williams, who looks more and more like Cyrus Jones part 2.

As someone posted in this or another thread, the HOF has now re-opened to the public, and the Pats do have an extra couple of days, so...

At this point I do not know what we have in Duggar, but what I do know is that Duggar has clearly out played Williams, who looks more and more like Cyrus Jones part 2.
Yeah if it weren't for the publicity that Harry is receiving, more people would be paying attention to the colossal (and predicted) Failure that is SloJuan Willie...One of the (many) examples of why we are where we are...

Yeah if it weren't for the publicity that Harry is receiving, more people would be paying attention to the colossal (and predicted) Failure that is SloJuan Willie...One of the (many) examples of why we are where we are...

some on this board want to beef up Harry and move him to tight end.

does it make sense to beef up Williams and move him to linebacker?

and why doesn’t anybody on this board call out winovich, wise, uche or Simon for their inability to set the edge on running plays?

some on this board want to beef up Harry and move him to tight end.

does it make sense to beef up Williams and move him to linebacker?

and why doesn’t anybody on this board call out winovich, wise, uche or Simon for their inability to set the edge on running plays?
Yeah the edge-setting was crap Thursday...Uche is too small, Simon is finished, Wino is bigger than Uche but still not "stout"...Wise has no excuses however; edge-setting should be his best attribute...

Yeah the edge-setting was crap Thursday...Uche is too small, Simon is finished, Wino is bigger than Uche but still not "stout"...Wise has no excuses however; edge-setting should be his best attribute...

I do not see much in the draft that can help at that position next season. Bb is going to have to sign a few guys and let the Simon’s and Wise’s of the team, walk.

I'm constantly calling out John Simon and I'm tired of seeing him on the field. They all sucked Thursday night, but the rookies get a pass for now. Winovich doesn't look like a full time starter as I think he's regressed.

He's still invisible to me.

Is it too much to ask for him to break up a pass? Give a message sending hit over the middle? An INT? Force a fumble?

I've taken into account the posters that responded to my initial post, but what he's currently doing isn't enough to justify where he was picked. You've got two other guys taken after him (Winfield and Chinn) making plays and both in the running for DROTY.

Last edited:
He's still invisible to me.

Is it too much to ask for him to break up a pass? Giving a message sending hit over the middle? An INT?

I've taken into account the posters that responded to my initial post, but what he's currently doing isn't enough to justify where he was picked. You've got two other guys taken after him (Winfield and Chinn) making plays and both in the running for DROTY.

duggar is a master of being around the football but not really doing anything. He makes next to no plays, just a few tackles, so that is probably why you see him as invisible.

I do not see much in the draft that can help at that position next season. Bb is going to have to sign a few guys and let the Simon’s and Wise’s of the team, walk.
I am no draftnik, but I think there are a few players in the draft who could help out, starting with Assai from Texas.

Maybe Jennings if he plays more disciplined and don't overcommit to the pass..

I think we have a problem drafting in the first two rounds .. we are able to find middling talent who can overperform but the fact that we have not hired any stud player in the first two rounds shows we have a problem with our evaluation.

Our drafts appear relatively better than what they are because the sum of parts ( brady+ coaching + free agent acquisitions) were great. So with the success it was not questioned, but belichick will have a shorter leash now.

No big free agent will want to come to patriots at a discount, nor will a high potential free agent with low cap. We will only get the middling ones. This means you can't have so many whiffs in the draft like what we had for last 5 years.

I understand we have found some gems in lower rounds, but hardly any playmakers. The only ones right now seem to be Harris and onewenu to an extent. Thuney and white will probably leave next year.

I think we have a problem drafting in the first two rounds .. we are able to find middling talent who can overperform but the fact that we have not hired any stud player in the first two rounds shows we have a problem with our evaluation.

This. If you look at the Pats drafts, you’ll see some really good early round picks many years ago and then it really drops off in the last several years. The UDFA and later rounds (excluding 2017 when they only had 4 picks) are generally better than league average.

This. If you look at the Pats drafts, you’ll see some really good early round picks many years ago and then it really drops off in the last several years. The UDFA and later rounds (excluding 2017 when they only had 4 picks) are generally better than league average.

It really boils down to we're fine with high picks at DE/DT, LB, Safety, and OLine. McDaniels came up with a crappy new system for WR/CB that Belichick used to override his scouting methods before 2004. So we've crapped the bed on WR/CB for 15 years and had to supplement with trades or low pick guys getting coached up. Our system is broken at WR/CB in the first 2 rounds

Dugger’s fine, however a stud WR was taken the pick right before us and a very good WR would add more to this offense and change our passing Corp dynamic a lot for the better than what Dugger brings.

I’m fine with Dugger as a player, but the context that a massive need was unaddressed because we were passive and let a run happen before us and didn’t even go up a spot (which is very doable) and we just punted and went to whet clearly a comfort zone for our coaching staff is a huge cloud over a solid pick

I am no draftnik, but I think there are a few players in the draft who could help out, starting with Assai from Texas.

i have seen Texas play this season and do you really think he can set the edge show at nfl players? I see him as little more than a speed bump in the running game.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back