PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Dugger

i have seen Texas play this season and do you really think he can set the edge show at nfl players? I see him as little more than a speed bump in the running game.
Setting the edge is more than power. Balance and quickness matter, which he has in abundance. He’s 250, which isn’t small. I only saw him against OSU but he looked like he can do the job.

IMO...The Bucs got a better safety later in the draft, to this early point anyway, Antoine Winfield Jr. @ 45
I don't think so. Winfield also has the privilege of playing behind a very talented front -7.

Winfield might be the more polished player, but he's basically at his ceiling athletically. Dugger has a lot more potential.

I don't think so. Winfield also has the privilege of playing behind a very talented front -7.

Winfield might be the more polished player, but he's basically at his ceiling athletically. Dugger has a lot more potential.
That's what Belichick drafted him for...potential...but the old saying "a bird in the hand, is better than one in the bush" could turn out to be true if he doesn't grow as a player. Winfield was the Big Ten D-back of the year last year and Dugger was playing ball at Lenoir-Ryhne. We'll see how it goes...

That's what Belichick drafted him for...potential...but the old saying "a bird in the hand, is better than one in the bush" could turn out to be true if he doesn't grow as a player. Winfield was the Big Ten D-back of the year last year and Dugger was playing ball at Lenoir-Ryhne. We'll see how it goes...
Honestly, we as fans tend to say that but then wonder why we end up with a bunch of solid but unspectacular players. Can't have it both ways. BB often takes players that aren't "high ceiling" and gets roasted for it...

It’s funny how the optimism in this thread about Dugger’s performance this year shifted before vs. after Thursday nights game.

Honestly, we as fans tend to say that but then wonder why we end up with a bunch of solid but unspectacular players. Can't have it both ways. BB often takes players that aren't "high ceiling" and gets roasted for it...
The first player I can think of who meets your criteria of "not high ceiling, BB got roasted for taking him" is Jordan Richards, and that was well-deserved roasting. Who are some examples of this in recent Patriots history who actually turned out solid but unspectacular? Maybe Harmon, but even he was considered to have upside.

Duggar has showed some promise but he is nowhere near as good as some in this thread think he is and nowhere near as bad as others in here think.

We could have had Aiyuk! This guy Duggar will never be that good

Dugger's last 4 games:

10 targets
5 receptions
44 yards
62 passer rating

Also top 10 in the NFL in run stops for safeties.

The game slowing down for a former D2 FS now playing SS/dime LB? You don't say.

Dugger's last 4 games:

10 targets
5 receptions
44 yards
62 passer rating

So if Dugger is heir apparent at SS and Philips is at this LB hybrid spot, we still really need an apprentice at FS.

Dugger's last 4 games:

10 targets
5 receptions
44 yards
62 passer rating

matter of time until hes a Pro Bowler.

Hes got 'it" whatever "it" is..

Of course Dugger will makes mistakes but at the moment he does look as if he has the ability to progress further.

Dugger's last 4 games:

10 targets
5 receptions
44 yards
62 passer rating

I wonder if there's a record kept of how many of those receptions went for first downs...

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back