PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft: zero DV tolerance - no Mixon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope those of you who think that it is OK to slug her because she was shoving him first, definitely try that defense in front of a Judge. Because it will end with you wearing an orange jump suit.

Fixed.

didn't see that before. she does in fact motion to him.
FWIW, she claims she was motioning to her friends (the group with the girl in the green top).

I just don't get the mentality that women are somehow sacred. I understand that it was a thing back when women were not equal and their rights were repressed so much that some protection under the law and culture were necessary, but this is the 21st freaking century, women can handle their own s***. And if one wants to lay hands on me, I back off, issue a warning, and she keeps coming, I'm probably going to do something physical about it. And then still press charges because I'd be 100% within my rights to do so.

Welcome to the 21st century ladies, you've earned your equality, good job, so happy for you. Time for it to cut both ways.

I agree with a lot you have to say.
I definitely don't think a guy should hit a women over a verbal fight, but if a women throws the first punch, I can understand someone defending them self.

Women want equal rights, then they should not hit a guy & expect not to be hit back.

My son & daughter will both be blackbelts at age 14. Martial arts teaches discipline, and I only want them to be able to defend them self.

This is where the pro-feminism and gender equality arguments always got interesting for me. If a woman is truly a man's equal and initiates contact then, by that logic, shouldn't it be okay for a man to use commensurate force and stand his ground? It's a catch-22 for someone that is pro gender equality because if you feel that way but disagree with what Mixon did on the basis that she's a female, then you're essentially admitting that a woman is not a man's peer - at least from a physical standpoint. Now, all that being said, he shouldn't have followed her in there either. All he did was make the situation worse.

No one with any intelligence actually believes that men and women are equal. It's too blatantly obvious that they are not (which does not mean that one sex is inherently better than the other). However, the notion of a need for so-called equality, expanded far beyond the notion of equality before the law, allows for a significant gaining and wielding of power, so it's become an oft-used tool. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of such an approach is that we sometimes have to allow our brains to completely disconnect from logic.

And that's as close to politics as I want to get in this thread, so I'm out of here unless people aim posts at me that call for direct, non-political, responses and they come up on my alerts, because the thread's going on ignore.

Enjoy the conversation, everyone.

Molitor put her hands on him first. And then did it again just to be sure, before Mixon did anything. I'd be hard pressed to call that "violence against women." I mean you can sling a lot of BS about protecting women around, but at the end of the day, men need enough equality under the law to protect themselves too. Getting hit doesn't magically not hurt just because it's a woman doing it.
He followed them down the street yelling gay slurs. He followed them into the restaurant. He followed them to their table.

Then, when this woman who probably doesn't weigh more than 100 pounds, the guy looking to be an NFL running back hauls off and punches her in the face.

Stop trying to excuse a guy acting like an animal.

If you push me, and follow it up with a slap, I'm legally within my rights to knock your ass out (remember, this was a one punch situation) in self defense, and most people are defending me and calling you an idiot for attacking a larger, stronger person. How is this any different, besides tits?

Sure. You can legally do whatever you wish including accepting a plea bargain for your actions and then serve 100 hours of community service all the while telling me you had the right to "defend yourself".

Even if you didn't have to plea to a misdemeanor assault you would not be able to convince me that you were "defending yourself".

Men that cannot tell the difference between hitting another man vs another woman and hide behind the phrase "legally defending" themselves are chromosoma-tically challenged. Maybe they're insecure in their manhood. Maybe it's because they're penises are so small it could be called a Vangenis (sometimes it's recessed and sometimes it's not). Maybe it's because they have a temper problem and rage against a women who should know their place but don't. Maybe maybe maybe.

In my world that was an assault. Apparently the judges and Mixon agree because he plead to a misdemeanor assault.

Again I'm not saying he should be kept out of the NFL nor would I fault Kraft/BB if he drafted the guy because he has paid for his crime and continues to go to counseling which is how I think DV and the like should be dealt with. But I do not agree with the ignorant "legally defended himself" bs.

I agree 100%. And in that case where both are clearly in the wrong, the tie goes against the one who swings first.

In this case, Ms Molitor.

I'm not saying Mixon did nothing wrong. I'm saying that something you'd have to make a good case to defeat a self defense plea over if all the evidence had been out at the time of the trial doesn't make Mixon a woman beater.

Violent yes, stupid yes, probably underage drunk, hell yes, but that label, that very specific thing that happens when a man beats a woman doesn't apply when SHE goes after HIM first and he only strikes her once, and stops once the FIGHT is over.

Because that was what this was. Not a beating. A FIGHT. There is a very substantial difference between the two.

Mixon stopped hitting Molitor once Molitor stopped hitting Mixon. Therefore, Mixon did not beat Molitor. She FOUGHT Mixon, Mixon FOUGHT back, and stopped when the FIGHT was over. That's what the video proves. That's what the EVIDENCE STATES. That's WHY the evidence MATTERS. Anything beyond that is a mix of conjecture, prejudice, and bad guesswork.

Mixon entered an Alford plea to a misdemeanor assault charge in October 2014 for punching a woman named Amelia Molitor in the head, causing broken bones in her face which required hospitalization and surgery. The incident happened on July 25, 2014 at Pickleman's Gourmet Cafe in Norman, on Campus Corner.

According to Molitor, Mixon and some of his teammates were harassing Molitor and her friend, claiming that the friend was gay. Mixon then followed Molitor and her friend into the shop. The surveillance video of the incident showed Mixon and Molitor having a verbal argument, which was followed by Molitor pushing Mixon, him lunging at her indicating to her to back off, her hitting him, and him hitting her back. His hit back caused her to fall and her face to slam into a table. Mixon later told police that Molitor's friend had directed a racial slur at him and that he responded with an homophobic slur at the friend.[6]

Mixon received a one-year deferred sentence and was ordered to undergo counseling along with 100 hours of community service.

Looks like the court didn't agree with your interpretation of the EVIDENCE.

I can only hope those of you who think that it is OK to slug her because she was shoving him first, never try that defense in front of a Judge. Because it will end with you wearing an orange jump suit.
except judges rule the other way all the time, especially if there is video evidence. Take our gender biases out of the picture and what she did was assault and you can make an argument that all he did was stop the assault. He certainly did not carry on striking her after he had rendered her unable to continue her aggression

I don't think there will ever be an agreement as to Mixon's level of "wrongness". I can see the arguments on both sides. That being said, why does Kraft even get involved the discussion. If he doesn't want him on the team. just tell Belichick/Caserio et al to take him off their board. No need to say "hey look at me""look at the good thing we are doing". Just internally blackball him. Don't let that info out. If someone comes up to the Pats looking to trade into a spot to get the player, act like he is your favorite player in the draft. No reason to give away any information away. I understand the PR argument, but as it is seen in this thread, there are varying opinions. Some people think the Pats get good PR by announcing he is not on their board and they take this kind of violence seriously. But a large number also feel the opposite way, so what is the true benefit? Keep your mouth shut and leave your options open.

My favorite part is when the future professional athlete who got slapped by a 100 pound girl explained to the police:

"I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me." - Mixon

Yeah, sure thing buddy. The drunk 18 year old girl really looks like she packed quite a wallop. :rolleyes:

except judges rule the other way all the time, especially if there is video evidence
Really? Please provide us with an example of an aggressor following a woman into a restaurant when she is clearly trying to get away from him where the woman was punished by the judge.

You say it happens "all the time" so I am sure you could find an example pretty easily.

Really? Please provide us with an example of an aggressor following a woman into a restaurant when she is clearly trying to get away from him where the woman was punished by the judge.

You say it happens "all the time" so I am sure you could find an example pretty easily.

He's full of crap. He's not going to find any cases.

My favorite part is when the future professional athlete who got slapped by a 100 pound girl explained to the police:

"I was so shocked, because she hit me so hard. It felt like a dude hit me." - Mixon

Yeah, sure thing buddy. The drunk 18 year old girl really looks like she packed quite a wallop. :rolleyes:

I was just about to post this. I'm all for a man defending himself and not allowing a woman to beat him half to death because of some idea that there's no reason to ever hit a woman. But really, is there someone that thinks his Mike Tyson knockout punch is justified because she weakly slapped him? And what he told police about it is embarrassing.

Men that cannot tell the difference between hitting another man vs another woman and hide behind the phrase "legally defending" themselves are chromosoma-tically challenged. Maybe they're insecure in their manhood. Maybe it's because they're penises are so small it could be called a Vangenis (sometimes it's recessed and sometimes it's not). Maybe it's because they have a temper problem and rage against a women who should know their place but don't. Maybe maybe maybe.

That's probably the stupidest, most ignorant, thing I've seen posted on this site in months. Congratulations!

That's probably the stupidest, most ignorant, thing I've seen posted on this site in months. Congratulations!

You're welcome. hahahahaha

I was just about to post this. I'm all for a man defending himself and not allowing a woman to beat him half to death because of some idea that there's no reason to ever hit a woman. But really, is there someone that thinks his Mike Tyson knockout punch is justified because she weakly slapped him? And what he told police about it is embarrassing.
What is the legal definition of assault? Because based on the one I learned in school she ''assaulted'' Mixon up to 4 times before he ever swung.

1: the racial epithet. Under the laws as written this would count.

2: first slap/push

3: accounts say she also deliberately spat on him before

4: second slap/clawing for Mixon's throat

How far does she have to be allowed before enough is enough? If a man did this Mixon could have legally SHOT him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes