PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft: zero DV tolerance - no Mixon

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Not strictly DV but great formulation:

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” Kraft told the Herald. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

Last edited:
It doesn't matter how often the Patriots stance against DV gets pointed out by people here, beat reporters in articles and tv, or Kraft in public there will always be the pointless discussion about it.

One of the few times Kraft shows a backbone out of principle.

I'm ok w this. While I only care about winning, not the players, I am confident BB & company can find talent w/o needing Mixon.

I will never be able to understand "putting a hand on a woman in anger". There are so many other alternatives in life. Such as walking away.

Joe Mixon was not domestic violence.

In this case you are correct however Mixon showed he has the tendency to be violent towards women and some NFL teams will not expend high draft capital on a player who according to statistics has a 50% chance of doing this again.

Where does Kraft's politics now rank on the patriotic to unpatriotic scale?

He's going to be a great RB if he keeps his nose clean. He's a supreme talent on the football field. That said, he reminds me a little too much of Lawrence Phillips. I'd pass, too.

Kraft can do what he likes but Mixon is HIGH on my fantasy keeper list. I already have Tyreke Hill, so what the hell.

• Winner
Reactions: jah
And yet Tyreek Hill and Terrell Suggs are media darlings. Well they weren't caught doing what they did on video so I guess the media thinks they're cool....

That's right. They don't invite Mixon to the combine but Hill gets to go to the Pro Bowl and Suggs gets to show off his stained teeth?

Either give them all a chance or kick them all out. But we should not be surprised about the NFL* and their double standards on everything.

But I bet you this, if the Pats did draft him, this would be media and hater fodder forever and ever. Kraft et al would never hear the end of it.

I've been saying that Mixon was taken off the Pats Draft Board as soon as the arrest happened and it was supported by the video..

Pats have a long history of cutting players who get violent, in general.. Be it a woman or a family member..

Christian Peter, Kenyatta Jones, Tom Malone, WILLIE Andrews, etc..

CORRECTION: I initially said David Andrews.. It was Willie Andrews.. 7th round pick from 2006..

Last edited:
Not strictly DV but great formulation:

“While I believe in second chances and giving players an opportunity for redemption, I also believe that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right,” Kraft told the Herald. “For me, personally, I believe that privilege is lost for men who have a history of abusing women.”

When Tom Brady was being defamed by his business partners, Kraft goes with the flow.

When it's an RB draft prospect that they probably had no real interest in has a history of violence, he gets on a moral high horse?

By that standard, why did they sign Blount who punched a fan in college?

Sounds like virtue signalling to me.

Not a fan, an opposing player. We will never know what he said to Blount immediately after the game but there were rumors that it was "that word" and if so, dude deserved to get lit up.......
Way different than punching a woman ....

Sports Radio Interviews » Blog Archive » LeGarrette Blount: Byron Hout Said Something “Way More Harsh And Disrespectful Than” ‘How About That Ass-whuppin?’

When Tom Brady was being defamed by his business partners, Kraft goes with the flow.

When it's an RB draft prospect that they probably had no real interest in has a history of violence, he gets on a moral high horse?

Sounds like virtue signalling to me.

First off Blount punched a college football player right after a devastating loss. The guy ran up to Blount and tried to rub the loss in Blount's face (true sportsmanship) and got clocked in the face for his troubles. Blount was a Heisman hopeful and it was the first game of the year for a heavily favored Oregon team. Blount was suspended for the entire year, BUT still stayed in school and participated in every practice, and was eventually reinstated for the Bowl game.

Mixon followed a girl into a fast food restaurant and cold clocked her in the face. Breaking her cheek bone. Granted the 110 lbs 18 year old female was shoving him at the time, but still, you can't punch a woman. And once she was out cold what did Mixon do, call for help? see if she was OK? nope ran like a *****.

So you are comparing apples to Grapefruits there.

Personally I think its stupid of Kraft to openly say that Mixon is off the draft board. What if during the draft someone who wants him is looking to trade for the Pat's pick? Never show your cards before you are called! You can tell BB he is off the board, but nobody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back