PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee Injury Still Nagging Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I can't see the Pats winning this without Gronk, even if he's 50%, he's just a decoy at that point. Only way we can win is with Gronk being his usual explosive self. Too many injuries this year, can't blame the Pats if they are one and done. This just seems like the last straw. This and the wacky Jones incident may be the death knell to the 2015 season. I'd be shocked if they win. Be rooting like crazy Saturday, but without Gronk at 100%, we may need a miracle.

The conspiracy theories are that this is all mind games by Bill or that Bill is mad because Gronk is somehow related to the Chandler incident. Obviously those are all wrong. But he could very well be hurting, this tweet doesn't rule that out.

The conspiracy theories are that this is all mind games by Bill or that Bill is mad because Gronk is somehow related to the Chandler incident. Obviously those are all wrong. But he could very well be hurting, this tweet doesn't rule that out.
Absolutely. We can see from the injury report and from his play last week that he is injured. Nobody on this board knows how much. He could be able to practice but held out on a precautionary basis, or he could be sufficiently hampered to be unable to practice effectively and require treatment and rest. Or someplace in between. None of us knows.

EDIT: Gronk went to the hospital for an injection in his knee. Now we know that he indeed has an important injury.

Last edited:
and only those f****ing donkeys keep on dodging injuries. :mad:

Ok he is not 100% , BB just thinking rest helps. ....I hope

Honestly, I can't see the Pats winning this without Gronk, even if he's 50%, he's just a decoy at that point. Only way we can win is with Gronk being his usual explosive self. Too many injuries this year, can't blame the Pats if they are one and done. This just seems like the last straw. This and the wacky Jones incident may be the death knell to the 2015 season. I'd be shocked if they win. Be rooting like crazy Saturday, but without Gronk at 100%, we may need a miracle.

Shocked? Wow.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.. Too many odd-ball stories coming out of Pats camp.
Gronk missing practice and now saying he's not 100%? Something is wrong. I could be way off but Bill isn't into mind games.

I hope I'm wrong. We need the big man, we really do.

Reiss apparently says Gronk was at the hospital today getting a knee injection.

Knee injection? I thought it was just a bone bruise?

That's usually done to reduce pain & inflammation, no? I guess it was a bit more serious than I thought. The injection should help him through the game, but obviously he won't be 100% though.

Sigh, I have no idea what that means. Injection for what?

Um. Link?
I'm trying to find one but I can't find one now. I basically just quoted the blurb that came up on my phone, it says it was attributed to both Schefter and Reiss, but neither one's Twitter timelines show any record of it...

I'm trying to find one but I can't find one now. I basically just quoted the blurb that came up on my phone, it says it was attributed to both Schefter and Reiss, but neither one's Twitter timelines show any record of it...

Mike Reiss– Verified account ‏@MikeReiss

With @AdamSchefter, reporting TE Rob Gronkowski received treatment on knee today at hospital, including injection. http://goo.gl/6o3BCr
ESPN

Pats' Gronk gets treatment on his right knee
Tight end Rob Gronkowski, who got treatment on his right knee at a hospital on Thursday, had been added to the Patriots' injury report Wednesday as a limited participant.

View on web

12:46 PM - 14 Jan 2016
61 RETWEETS28 LIKES

Brady and Gronk shouldn't have played at all then. Or, if they were hell bent on getting the live reps, a series or two.

Agreed. I can maybe understand playing Brady, since he's an ironman who basically refuses to sit out. But if you're not playing to win--and I sincerely hope the Pats weren't those last two weeks, because the alternative is worse--then sitting Gronk should have been a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back