PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee Injury Still Nagging Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was one of the bigger proponents for Gronk/Brady should have sat out the Mia game given the approach and playcalling in the 1st half, I still do feel it was a stupid choicce having them in. But I don't think you can blame his current condition on that. I don't remember any major shots to the knee in that game althought my memory could have failed me. And secondly if playing would have been any significant hinderance to his recovery, you would think even if BB let him play Gronk's family wouldn't have let him play.

I wouldn't sit Gronk but I'd play it really safe with him. Hold off the seam routes unless it's absolutely needed. Then take him out if the lead reaches double digits. You never know this game may come down to needing him, obviously hope we can get a safe lead without it. But in a playoff game I just don't think you can risk deactivating him.
Nowhere close to 100%? You've gotta be ****ing kidding. What the hell did he do to his knee? He seemed fine against NYJ and Miami. I'm starting to wonder if he hurt it off the field, ****ing around. If so then shame on him.

Should we even bother playing him tomorrow? It sounds like one, inevitable hit to his knee will knock him out of the post season. Either way it's gonna be pretty damn hard to make it to the Super Bowl with him being hobbled, if he plays at all.

Gronkowski was definitely hobbling a bit in the Miami game. I believe it occurred when he sprawled out for an out of bounds pass down the sideline, similar to the one he re-broke his arm back in '12 or '13 (think it was '12).

Not s huge fan of those routes, although football is football.

Gronkowski was definitely hobbling a bit in the Miami game. I believe it occurred when he sprawled out for an out of bounds pass down the sideline, similar to the one he re-broke his arm back in '12 or '13 (think it was '12).

Not s huge fan of those routes, although football is football.

Ahh another playoff insomniac here eh? ;)
Anyway thanks for the info, didn't catch that. I still feel ok with it because something like that could happen in regular practice, just falling wierd. Better than a safety taking a shot to his knee.

His knee looks pretty good in this photo taken from his Florida trip. I am not sure what happened this week but there is no way BB lets him travel to Florida if he needed treatment. I think he is active today and plays well.

Gronk-in-florida-2-01-15-16_zpsste0b0xw.png

Hilarious how people are so adamant this latest thing is because the Miami game. Ever think Gronk was f***ing around down in Florida during the bye week and tweaked his knee?

You know what Brady and Edelman were doing during the bye week? Doing everything they could to be as healthy as they could for this game. What was Gronk doing? Partying down in Florida.

The only evidence that he re-injured his knee in Miami was a Kontradiction post.

Basically, patsfans.com most ignorant poster makes a statement and it's taken face value.

Here's reality.

It is a pain management thing that is independent of any actual damage. That's why they limited treatment to this week.

The only evidence that he re-injured his knee in Miami was a Kontradiction post.
That's what I thought too, but then a Jeff Howe piece a day or two ago said that Gronk indeed "tweaked" his knee injury in week 17 in Miami.

one link
Gronkowski had an injection for his injured right knee yesterday, according to a source. The knee, which he injured in Week 12 and aggravated in Weeks 15 and 17, is considered an issue, and he is expected to try to play through a good amount of pain and might even be limited tomorrow.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ck_to_practice_among_12_questionable_patriots

That's what I thought too, but then a Jeff Howe piece a day or two ago said that Gronk indeed "tweaked" his knee injury in week 17 in Miami.

one link
Gronkowski had an injection for his injured right knee yesterday, according to a source. The knee, which he injured in Week 12 and aggravated in Weeks 15 and 17, is considered an issue, and he is expected to try to play through a good amount of pain and might even be limited tomorrow.

Rob Gronkowski back to practice, among 12 'questionable' Patriots

I like Howe, but, unless he's also an MD, a medical source would have seemed appropriate for his conclusion.

Here's the mess they've made of Reiss's blog with a doctor. [amazingly, one who hasn't had his license revoked, multiple DUI's knee operation patients who later had their legs amputated, and various drug charges, enabling his partner to operate under the influence, and double digit malpractice suits he lost, or settled on].

ESPN chief medical analyst Michael Kaplan does a vid. He teaches at Yale, practices and studied with James Andrews. Says the injection will deal with pain and is optimistic on his ability to play now and deal with injury post season.

Vid page below, scroll through the crap.

It's been a whirlwind for Patriots leading into the playoffs

one link

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ck_to_practice_among_12_questionable_patriots

He didn't reinjure anything. It's painful and playing football aggravates it. That's why he got the shot.

Resting wouldn't make it go away. Doc says he might go for surgery offseason.

His knee looks pretty good in this photo taken from his Florida trip. I am not sure what happened this week but there is no way BB lets him travel to Florida if he needed treatment. I think he is active today and plays well.

Gronk-in-florida-2-01-15-16_zpsste0b0xw.png
Damn, this guy is a pimp... would love to be Gronk for an hour- leg does look healthy in that pic.

If Gronk isn't going to by anywhere close to 100%, and IF a week of rest would get him significantly closer, I would honestly consider sitting him tomorrow. We might be able to win without him tomorrow if Hightower and Edelman are both playing at somewhere in the ballpark of 100%. But if Gronk is hobbled, we have almost no chance of winning two more games after tomorrow.

That said, I fully understand that that's crazy talk. It's the playoffs, all hands on deck, etc. But hearing that Gronk isn't going to be anywhere near 100% is discouraging as hell, makes it all the more ridiculous that he was on the field week 17 when we weren't even trying to win. It's no coincidence that last year--the first season he made it to the finish line healthy--happened to be the one where we won the SB.

How would Jeff Howe have any clue the status of Gronk's knee? This isn't information that they share with the media, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that he's completely full of s***

I didn't see Gronk get injured against the Jets or Dolphins. So I guess this has just been a lingering injury? So unless this is something he re-aggravated during practice, why was he even playing week 17? Or week 16? Or travelling to Florida?

It's like his health got worse out of nowhere, WITH a BYE week. o_O:confused::mad:

It doesn't seem like this was handled very well.

OORRRRR Jeff Howe doesn't know wtf hes talking about, because he would not be privy to that kind of information... i don't trust any of these media guys, just always trying to get their name out there..

I don't buy anything he's selling

You know what Brady and Edelman were doing during the bye week? Doing everything they could to be as healthy as they could for this game. What was Gronk doing? Partying down in Florida.

You mean visiting his mother?

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that Gronk was partying it up and tweaked his knee being an idiot.. that is 100% pure speculation on your part with zero facts to support it

one link

Rob Gronkowski back to practice, among 12 'questionable' Patriots

By definition, anytime someone plays football, something is aggravated.

There is a difference between pain and injury. No doubt he has been hobbled because the knee hurts.
That means an injection now due to the fact that generally it's not a great idea to continually inject someone with pain killing drugs.

PFT speculated on the validity. Somehow it would seem that if there really is an issue....we would not be hearing about it.

Like everyone else has said...shouldn't have played. Now a tweak as in with his bone bruises. Or a ac sprain or something like that. Who know.

FWIW, Curran believes the back is actually causing more problems for this game than the knee.

I like Howe, but, unless he's also an MD, a medical source would have seemed appropriate for his conclusion.

Here's the mess they've made of Reiss's blog with a doctor. [amazingly, one who hasn't had his license revoked, multiple DUI's knee operation patients who later had their legs amputated, and various drug charges, enabling his partner to operate under the influence, and double digit malpractice suits he lost, or settled on].

ESPN chief medical analyst Michael Kaplan does a vid. He teaches at Yale, practices and studied with James Andrews. Says the injection will deal with pain and is optimistic on his ability to play now and deal with injury post season.

Vid page below, scroll through the crap.

It's been a whirlwind for Patriots leading into the playoffs

Howe is really choosing to die on the "Gronkowski will be ineffective because he's hurt so badly" mountain....we'll see what happens

Howe is really choosing to die on the "Gronkowski will be ineffective because he's hurt so badly" mountain....we'll see what happens

As I said previously, Howe doesn't know WTF he's talking about.. Gronk played a great game and got 2 huge touchdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes