PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee Injury Still Nagging Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put the blame on Belichick for all this injury debacle before the post season. The way we handled the Miami game, Brady, Gronk, Hightower shouldn't even have played that game. They all got re injured in that game. SMH.

Only if McD and BB can do something to break him away from the constant double and triple teams he has been dealing with the past several weeks.....double and triple gronk and have to then over target a questionable Edelman...we won't be very effective

Just this past weekend Gronk went to FLA for some R&R. If his knee was REALLY bothering him he would have stayed behind.

I call BS.

Gronk will go for 6 catches for 120 yards and 2TDs on Saturday. Bank it.

I put the blame on Belichick for all this injury debacle before the post season. The way we handled the Miami game, Brady, Gronk, Hightower shouldn't even have played that game. They all got re injured in that game. SMH.
Brady wasn't reinjured.

If this is true and it turns out that Gronk won't be effective, I may have to revise my expectations for this postseason.

I'll wait to see him in action before making a judgement about his effectiveness though.
No way, I feed off your positivity on this board. Don't revise ****. :D

This sucks, this team is done without Gronk, might win this week but have very little chance of finishing the job.

If Gronk isn't going to by anywhere close to 100%, and IF a week of rest would get him significantly closer, I would honestly consider sitting him tomorrow. We might be able to win without him tomorrow if Hightower and Edelman are both playing at somewhere in the ballpark of 100%. But if Gronk is hobbled, we have almost no chance of winning two more games after tomorrow.

That said, I fully understand that that's crazy talk. It's the playoffs, all hands on deck, etc. But hearing that Gronk isn't going to be anywhere near 100% is discouraging as hell, makes it all the more ridiculous that he was on the field week 17 when we weren't even trying to win. It's no coincidence that last year--the first season he made it to the finish line healthy--happened to be the one where we won the SB.

I didn't see Gronk get injured against the Jets or Dolphins. So I guess this has just been a lingering injury? So unless this is something he re-aggravated during practice, why was he even playing week 17? Or week 16? Or travelling to Florida?

It's like his health got worse out of nowhere, WITH a BYE week. o_O:confused::mad:

It doesn't seem like this was handled very well.

Last edited:
I just can't believe he was out there against Miami. The decision to play him there is just baffling to me.

I just can't believe he was out there against Miami. The decision to play him there is just baffling to me.

even more stupid now. thanks bill

maybe we'll unleash our running game against the chiefs!! 20 carries for jackson for 50 yards!

Hilarious how people are so adamant this latest thing is because the Miami game. Ever think Gronk was f***ing around down in Florida during the bye week and tweaked his knee?

You know what Brady and Edelman were doing during the bye week? Doing everything they could to be as healthy as they could for this game. What was Gronk doing? Partying down in Florida.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see how he plays. Really hoping the big man can come through for the squad.

Hilarious how people are so adamant this latest thing is because the Miami game. Ever think Gronk was f***ing around down in Florida during the bye week and tweaked his knee?

You know what Brady and Edelman were doing during the bye week? Doing everything they could to be as healthy as they could for this game. What was Gronk doing? Partying down in Florida.

to be devils advocate..

..remember when Gronk got hit in the knee at the end of november...and we all thought he was done, followed by couple of weeks of non-stop nonsense by us all (me included) about whether he will return, what he his manager/dad will decide, etc. and he may not even return till the playoffs, etc.

he's a 26 year old kid that is very high profile player for the most dominant team in the nfl while he's played (and longer). he's been through countless surgeries, rehab and has done enough to show his mental toughness. so after grueling through rest of the season after the knee injury...maybe all he wanted to do is take a day away to go to a warm resort and relax with his brother. we haven't seen any party pics...so maybe he was clearing his mind and relaxing with his brother so he can be mentally prepared for the gruel of the best of the best you face in the playoffs. and he will be a target by every defense he faces

to be devils advocate..

..remember when Gronk got hit in the knee at the end of november...and we all thought he was done, followed by couple of weeks of non-stop nonsense by us all (me included) about whether he will return, what he his manager/dad will decide, etc. and he may not even return till the playoffs, etc.

he's a 26 year old kid that is very high profile player for the most dominant team in the nfl while he's played (and longer). he's been through countless surgeries, rehab and has done enough to show his mental toughness. so after grueling through rest of the season after the knee injury...maybe all he wanted to do is take a day away to go to a warm resort and relax with his brother. we haven't seen any party pics...so maybe he was clearing his mind and relaxing with his brother so he can be mentally prepared for the gruel of the best of the best you face in the playoffs. and he will be a target by every defense he faces

Everyone wants to point the finger at someone. Gronk, Bill, anybody. Me on the other hand, I just wanna see how he moves. I don't understand how he can be less healthy now than he was post getting his knee hit in Denver.

At no time in his Pats career did Hoomanawanui have anything close to what Chandler had this year.

This year alone disagrees with that

Hoomanawanui 11 rec 76 yards 3 TD (all with the Saints)

Chandler 23 rec 260 yards 4 TD

Hoomanawanui's best year with the Pats was '13, 12 rec 136 yards 1 TD and 8 rec and 95 yards came before Gronk came back that year.

Looks like you have 1 person in denial... i have been saying for years that Hooman was way overpaid... ok great, he was a good contributor on special teams... but sorry, that doesn't earn you $1.5 mill or so a year to be a good special teamer.. he needed to contribute more on the offensive side of the ball and he wasnt able to do that

Nowhere close to 100%? You've gotta be ****ing kidding. What the hell did he do to his knee? He seemed fine against NYJ and Miami. I'm starting to wonder if he hurt it off the field, ****ing around. If so then shame on him.

Should we even bother playing him tomorrow? It sounds like one, inevitable hit to his knee will knock him out of the post season. Either way it's gonna be pretty damn hard to make it to the Super Bowl with him being hobbled, if he plays at all.

Last edited:
It's at the point where they should just sit him and hope he can play next week if we win. Beat KC but lose Gronk...think I'd take the gamble on beating them without him and hope his knee feels better for Denver or Pitt. If we lose Gronk we are finished. Thought it after the Denver Debacle, still think it now.

Let Edelman, Amendola, and White carry the load and hope like hell Scott Chandler or LaFell can get some positive yards on a few plays.

It's at the point where they should just sit him and hope he can play next week if we win. Beat KC but lose Gronk...think I'd take the gamble on beating them without him and hope his knee feels better for Denver or Pitt. If we lose Gronk we are finished. Thought it after the Denver Debacle, still think it now.

Let Edelman, Amendola, and White carry the load and hope like hell Scott Chandler or LaFell can get some positive yards on a few plays.
Starting to feel that way, especially if there is a high risk of further injuring the knee. There's no player in the NFL that takes as many low shots as Gronk.

Well I was one of the bigger proponents for Gronk/Brady should have sat out the Mia game given the approach and playcalling in the 1st half, I still do feel it was a stupid choicce having them in. But I don't think you can blame his current condition on that. I don't remember any major shots to the knee in that game althought my memory could have failed me. And secondly if playing would have been any significant hinderance to his recovery, you would think even if BB let him play Gronk's family wouldn't have let him play.

I wouldn't sit Gronk but I'd play it really safe with him. Hold off the seam routes unless it's absolutely needed. Then take him out if the lead reaches double digits. You never know this game may come down to needing him, obviously hope we can get a safe lead without it. But in a playoff game I just don't think you can risk deactivating him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes