PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Knee Injury Still Nagging Gronkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Team just cannot seem to catch a injury break I tell ya.

No chance BB thinks the effect of holding Gronk out on the Chiefs preparations outweighs the value of him practicing.

Just yesterday sources said he was fine. I don't really know what to make of it. Maybe BB doesn't like Reid screwing with the Maclin situation. Gronk is Gronk and doubt he needs any practice. Practices Monday, doesn't Tuesday, practices Wednesday then not Thursday.

Trend?

Brady and Gronk shouldn't have played at all then. Or, if they were hell bent on getting the live reps, a series or two.

I agree with that. I would not have played them at all. I've always said that health was more important than HFA.

I guess we'll see on Saturday how serious Gronk's situation is. Hopefully it won't affect him much.

Could be pre-cautionary, we might get an idea when the injury report comes out later. Hell, maybe he came out after the media left.

Still tho, not ideal at all. I don't see how you don't practice this late in the week on a playoff week unless the injury is somewhat significant.

Just this past weekend Gronk went to FLA for some R&R. If his knee was REALLY bothering him he would have stayed behind.

I call BS.

Gronk will go for 6 catches for 120 yards and 2TDs on Saturday. Bank it.

Just this past weekend Gronk went to FLA for some R&R. If his knee was REALLY bothering him he would have stayed behind.

I call BS.

Sure hope you are right rw.

So belichick chose health over HFA. Yet, our two most important players get injuries going into the playoffs. Plus we don't get HFA. I think its safe to say that plan backfired royally.

Ok we know lets not over state it captain obvious.:p:D

bet big on the pats

this is all noise to provide the appearance that the pats are a mess
with a first year HC, maybe i'd buy that. but andy reid has been around the block too many times (and been burned too many times) to let any "reports" out of the pats camp influence how he prepares for the game.

I call BS.

This is kind of a non-sequitur from the idea that he's holding him out just to screw with the Chiefs. There's a very plausible scenario where he aggravated his knee in practice yesterday to some extent, and the rest will give him a better chance at performing on Saturday than will him limping through practice.

This is kind of a non-sequitur from the idea that he's holding him out just to screw with the Chiefs. There's a very plausible scenario where he aggravated his knee in practice yesterday to some extent, and the rest will give him a better chance at performing on Saturday than will him limping through practice.
Yep. Very possible.

oh great just what we need...our best receiver isn't 100 percent.

thanks bill for mailing it in against the dolphins. the genius outsmarted himself!!!

I'll go witht he Jeff Howe tweet above - BB is letting Gronk play by a different set of rules right now because of health concerns, and I'm okay with that.

As for Chandler, he's been hurt the last few weeks, and with the OL such a patch-up trainwreck, Williams is the better choice anyway.

So glad Gronk played in that Miami game Bill. Good job!! Rest is so overrated isn't it??
Same for Mr. Brady and his high ankle sprain.
Someone forget to tell black eyed Bill that INJURY is the only thing stopping his team.
Sadly Belichick been part of the problem. POOR job of managing his INVALUABLE injured players.

oh great just what we need...our best receiver isn't 100 percent.

thanks bill for mailing it in against the dolphins. the genius outsmarted himself!!!
tumblr_inline_mxqk8yFVL71sp3cyb.gif

For those complaining about Gronk playing vs. Miami, where is the evidence that his injury was aggravated by playing vs. Miami?

It seems more likely that his injury was aggravated sometime last week or this week, in practice.

So... are you going to complain about him practicing?

I love Bill Belichick. I would never ever want another coach. He has earned enough good will that we could go 5-11 three straight seasons and I wouldn't want anyone else.

But man he F.UCKED UP the management for the end of this season. Whatever he was trying to do he failed miserably.

with a first year HC, maybe i'd buy that. but andy reid has been around the block too many times (and been burned too many times) to let any "reports" out of the pats camp influence how he prepares for the game.

everybody is human........game planning is a very complex matter......what they execute is according to how they prioritize opposing threats. if you have to make choices, then what you know about an individuals ability matters......they'll probably be prepared to adjust, but everything is about tendencies and it is better to keep your opponent in some sort of fog

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back