PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirk Cousins to Jets?

The beautiful part of the Jets and Horseteeth's stupidity with the cap will be a blessing for the Pats.

The loser of the Cousins sweepstakes will then move to Foles or McCcaron. I guess it sort of depends who signs where, first.
Yes, the Jete seem screwed no matter what way they go. Free agent QBs will be expensive. This will make other teams want to draft rookie QBs so competition for the good ones will be fierce. The Jete have shown no ability to draft QBs and no ability to develop them. The only ability they've shown is the ability to pay a lot for ageing veterans and win enough games to get bad draft positions.

i don’t think foles gets traded until wentz is 100% recovered.

Agreed. Maybe they don't need him to be at 100% but close enough to know he will get there

I think it depends on the deal and why shouldn't Philly deal him and then go prospect to develop behind Wentz?

How about because for Philly the time is NOW? There's no guarantee Wentz is a go for the beginning of the season or that his game isn't seriously impacted (think RGme). They know they can win with Foles.

Agreed. Maybe they don't need him to be at 100% but close enough to know he will get there

How about because for Philly the time is NOW? There's no guarantee Wentz is a go for the beginning of the season or that his game isn't seriously impacted (think RGme). They know they can win with Foles.
Kind of reminded of the Bruins back in 2010-2011, when everyone knew Rask was the heir apparent and they couldn't wait to get rid of Tim Thomas -- and then Thomas won a Cup and Rask never has.

It's actually an interesting question -- keep the guy who's got the hype for all the rings he's going to win, or the guy who just won you one? Not exactly a slam dunk.

bill polian is on ESPN saying eagles shouldn’t trade foles unless it’s for two 1st round picks and two 2nd rounders for starters

And if they have to overpay him at $30 million per plus, and guarantee the whole contract to make it happen, I think they should... ( as a Pats fan)...
That just takes away from the rest of the team...like receivers and an O line......

bill polian is on ESPN saying eagles shouldn’t trade foles unless it’s for two 1st round picks and two 2nd rounders for starters
So like Garoppolo trade capital.

Polian...Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...
Not even Charlie Casserly is a bigger fraud than Bill Polian.

That's Bill Polian's way of trying to embarrass BB, basically. Yet, Bill Polian doesn't come out and ask why more teams weren't in on the Garropolo bidding.

Hint: Most of the NFL is run by morons.

My prediction, Foles finishes the offseason as either a Cardinal, a Jaguar or, if Roethisberger retires, a Steeler

Won't make you laugh when Brady and Belichick are gone and the Patriots are just another franchise who loses to guys like Kirk Cousins.

Very likely he's better than what the Pats will have at quarterback.

Better than Davey, Kingsbury, Cassel, O'Connell, Robinson, Mallett, Brissett

Finding a quarterback isn't easy which a lot of people here will find out soon you'll all be pining for good not great when Brady is done and the drop off is as big as there has ever been in NFL history.
Be gone, Jete troll!

cross.and_.vampire-700x505.jpg

I can just see it now from the GDT All-Stars "I am worried and concerned that Cousins is going to light this defense up, BB should of kept Jimmy and got rid of Brady"

Strange to think a middle of the road Quarterback with a penchant for crumbling under pressure would be a significant upgrade at the QB position for the Jets.

Naturally. This is known as the “Garoppolo formula.” Polian may as well throw in JJ Watt, too.

Strange to think a middle of the road Quarterback with a penchant for crumbling under pressure would be a significant upgrade at the QB position for the Jets.

When the Jets are involved, it's not that strange.

The real question is what lame nickname would be NY media and fans come up with for Cousins? The people who gave us Sanchize, FitzMagic and Mangenius would probably go with Captain Kirk and think it was awesome.

Cousins wouldn't have to do much to be the best quarterback they've had in a very, very long time

If Foles goes on to have 8 seasons of good football and a couple of pro bowls than maybe i would feel better about the super bowl loss but i still think he's a backup QB at best.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back