PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kirk Cousins to Jets?

This would make me laugh. A lot.

A 30 mil per year QB, regardless of "cap space" is a guarantee to sink your cap position for as long as you carry such a pricey player. And, the cap going up doesn't matter, because it's still a bloated price on the market.

He would immediately become the best QB they've had since Pennington, but I am not sure that means all that much. Horribly run organization, crap GM and coach.

Same old Jetsies.

A 30 mil per year QB, regardless of "cap space" is a guarantee to sink your cap position for as long as you carry such a pricey player. And, the cap going up doesn't matter, because it's still a bloated price on the market.

He would immediately become the best QB they've had since Pennington, but I am not sure that means all that much. Horribly run organization, crap GM and coach.

Same old Jetsies.
Also they have a crap offensive line, no running game, etc.

In other words, picking up Cousins would be a perfect Jete move!

Looking forward to the first picture with Joe Namath and Kirk Cousins titled "Kissing Cousins"!

tenor.gif

As a Pats fan I heartily endorse the Jets signing Kirk F Cousins for ludicrous money, as a fan of the game itself not so much.

Same old Jetsies.

Won't make you laugh when Brady and Belichick are gone and the Patriots are just another franchise who loses to guys like Kirk Cousins.

Very likely he's better than what the Pats will have at quarterback.

I love what the PFT article says:
“[T]here’s other quarterbacks that come after you and it would be almost a selfish move to hurt future quarterbacks who get in a position to have a contract,” Cousins said in January 2017. “And if you don’t take a deal that’s fair to you, then you’re also taking a deal that’s not fair to them and you’re setting them back as well. So there’s different reasons. You just do the best you can.”
In other words, he wants to get paid!

As a Pats fan I heartily endorse the Jets signing Kirk F Cousins for ludicrous money, as a football fan not so much.
They will have the best QB in the conference when Brady retires.
I don't like any move strengthening a rival.
That being said I'd rather watch Elway chase and oveypay aj Mccarron or trade the farm for Foles.
My difficulty is this it's hard to hate these Jets
Bowles seems like a good guy the players that were a big part of the rivalry aren't there anymore they have some great building blocks on defense.
I might go as far to say this current Jet squad is the least hated Team by me in the division.

Won't make you laugh when Brady and Belichick are gone and the Patriots are just another franchise who loses to guys like Kirk Cousins.

We’ll see who TB’s successor is...

Besides, Cousins is good but not great.

Who peed in your Cheerios this morning?

Why don't we just enjoy what we have now and see what the future holds before deciding that the sky is falling?

We’ll see who TB’s successor is...

Besides, Cousins is good but not great.

Better than Davey, Kingsbury, Cassel, O'Connell, Robinson, Mallett, Brissett

Finding a quarterback isn't easy which a lot of people here will find out soon you'll all be pining for good not great when Brady is done and the drop off is as big as there has ever been in NFL history.

That being said I'd rather watch Elway chase and oveypay aj Mccarron or trade the farm for Foles.
Geez, why don't we see if the Jete actually get Cousins, and then see if he can survive behind the Jets crappy O line with no running game before we crap our pants?

Bowles seems like a good guy the players that were a big part of the rivalry aren't there anymore they have some great building blocks on defense.
I might go as far to say this current Jet squad is the least hated Team by me in the division.
It's easy to hate these Jete.
They are the Jete.
They are slime.

Finding a quarterback isn't easy which a lot of people here will find out soon you'll all be pining for good not great when Brady is done and the drop off is as big as there has ever been in NFL history.

Or Bill could get us another Garappolo...so we just have to see

Right, because you say so.

Geez, why don't we see if the Jete actually get Cousins, and then see if he can survive behind the Jets crappy O line with no running game before we crap our pants?

It's easy to hate these Jete.
They are the Jete.
They are slime.
Not crapping my pants just stating the obvious.
Best move for the Jets then they can use their picks to move around and fill in other positions.
Vs drafting a crapshoot of QBs.
They may even be able to trade up for Barkley.
Which would be gross.
But knowing the Jets they will go after D line.

Umm, you and I don't know that. BB could draft another Garropolo this year, get him developed in 2-3 years, and there you go. The key to this kind of a discussion is not the name on the back of the jersey, but how you can control the money.

The QB market is completely bloated right now, so what John Lynch just did is what teams should be doing, other than Cousins being able to generate, maintain and control leverage.

The whole reason why the Skins are moving on is because Cousins established and gained momentum in the market. The mistake the Skins made was waiting and not shopping him last offseason.

Ideally, you want to do a Seahawks/Russell Wilson maneuver where you can win a SB before the big contract comes, because the QB contract changes the entire cap recipe for a team.

A GM like John Schneider in Seattle, or Ted Thompson or Ozzie Newsome don't look quite as good as the media once portrayed, do they?

What do they have in common besides only ONE ring as GMs, when they should have had maybe 1 more?

They have very pricey QBs due to what Ozzie Newsome irresponsbly did heading into 2012.

Settle down. We've already seen suck here. Even if the next guy is adequate, the Krafts will be building for the long term. Stability. The days of 1-15 are over. I'm not saying the next guy is gonna be Rodgers to Favre or Young to Montana, but a step from Staubach to White would be acceptable . There may even be more than one guy before the "next guy". Neil O'Donnell got the Steelers to the SB. Stewart got them to the playoffs. But it was a while before Big Ben got them all the way back.

Tom Brady might walk out that door, but I don't think Hugh Millen is walking in.

I couldn't disagree any more. It's very easy to hate the Jets and you're out of your mind declaring Cousins as the second best QB behind Brady in the AFC.

Rivers is still around, Carr may better than Cousins, Watson had a nice rookie year to start, Mahomes is an unknown, etc.

If Cousins was such a slaml dunk, the Skins would have decided to move on or pay him already.

Settle down. We've already seen suck here. Even if the next guy is adequate, the Krafts will be building for the long term. Stability. The days of 1-15 are over. I'm not saying the next guy is gonna be Rodgers to Favre or Young to Montana, but a step from Staubach to White would be acceptable . There may even be more than one guy before the "next guy". Neil O'Donnell got the Steelers to the SB. Stewart got them to the playoffs. But it was a while before Big Ben got them all the way back.

Tom Brady might walk out that door, but I don't think Hugh Millen is walking in.

Is this "ScottishPatriots" guy a Jets fan and troll? Not sure how comfortable I feel if someone is from Scotland trying to lecture me about the Jets being a threat and the Pats in a situation of pending doom.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back