PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn Johnson SportsCenter

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was basically just Michael Smith saying don't count the Patriots out, since Keyshawn has a good relationship with BB, they share relationships with other people, and NE doesn't have a big possession receiver like Keyshawn. So, it's just speculation, that doesn't have any inside sources leaking any significant rumors.......Basically a worthless filler of which they made you wait 56 minutes to see.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have Welker for possession guy and Washington + Moss for tall WR redzone targets?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't we have Welker for possession guy and Washington + Moss for tall WR redzone targets?

"Moss? He's okay, but he's no Chris Chambers..."

I love how some guys are supposed to be primo go-to receivers, and their basic talent is running a good fade route.

PFnV

I used the TSN site because it's a site that I read religiously and it was handy so I used it. I'm sure if you used other sites for reference you'll see similar comments where the players blocking skills are concerned. I'm certainly not going to waste anymore of my time doing it so be my guest.

At any rate, my primary point is that not one of the WR's currently on the team will ever be confused with Key as a blocker. The degree of difference between them is open to debate I suppose but I think most anyone would agree that adding Key would be an improvement to the blocking ability of this WR corps, a corps I consider to be weak in the blocking department. Not to mention all of the other benefits adding him would bring.

Ok. Fine so you read the TSN site religiously. From where I stand, it was handy for you because, until I mentioned what it said about Keyshawn, it supported your point.

While you may consider the Pats WRs weak at blocking, that doesn't mean that BB does. And, after watching last year, Caldwell did a good job as did Kelvin Kight, who won't be making the team this year.

If signing Keyshawn means waiving someone like Caldwell or Gaffney, I think its a bad move. Keyshawn shot his way out of New York and out of Dallas. He wasn't exactly exemplary in Tampa, either. And, as I said, I felt that his running his mouth like he did at the draft had something to do with his release. Carolina isn't deep at WR even with the addition of Dwayne Jarrett. And there is nothing that says a team can't have 2 possession receivers.

Ok. Fine so you read the TSN site religiously. From where I stand, it was handy for you because, until I mentioned what it said about Keyshawn, it supported your point.

No actually the reason why I pointed out that I read the TSN site religiously is because in my many years of reading the site I have found it's analysis of the NFL to be spot on. Not only has it formed the basis of my NFL info but it's also one of the only non pay sites around that provide analysis of players in a complete fashion. Thus it made for an easy and reliable quote to the poster who originally asked me to support my notion that the Pats WR's aren't exactly effective blockers. That poster never asked me to limit my support to certain web sites or anything so I apologize if my chosen site doesn't meet your expectations. At any rate the site I listed does support my statement as none of Caldwell, Gaffney, Moss, Washignton, or Stallworth were deemed to "block well" as is the case with Key.

Besides, the blocking element of Key is the least of his abilities that interest me anyhow.

While you may consider the Pats WRs weak at blocking, that doesn't mean that BB does. And, after watching last year, Caldwell did a good job as did Kelvin Kight, who won't be making the team this year.

Seeing as how BB's approached rectifying the major void at WR this offseason, my belief is BB doesn't care for much of anything that Caldwell and Gaffney can do including blocking. And no one, other than apparently you, is going to mistaken either of Stallworth, Moss or Washington for David Givens as a blocker.

If signing Keyshawn means waiving someone like Caldwell or Gaffney, I think its a bad move. Keyshawn shot his way out of New York and out of Dallas. He wasn't exactly exemplary in Tampa, either. And, as I said, I felt that his running his mouth like he did at the draft had something to do with his release. Carolina isn't deep at WR even with the addition of Dwayne Jarrett. And there is nothing that says a team can't have 2 possession receivers.
OK, righteous one so you don't like the way Key acts! That's fine. But maybe BB does and maybe BB doesn't give two hoots what Key acts like (if he did he wouldn't hang out with him!) just so long as he's a productive WR. And productive WR is certainly on Key's resume. In fact, like him or not, his resume is more impressive than all WR's now on this team not named Moss.

Seeing as how BB's approached rectifying the major void at WR this offseason, my belief is BB doesn't care for much of anything that Caldwell and Gaffney can do including blocking. And no one, other than apparently you, is going to mistaken either of Stallworth, Moss or Washington for David Givens as a blocker.

Considering that I haven't stated one way or the other about Stallworth, Moss or Washington, its pretty stupid of you to make that statement. All I did was question the site that you used because I have found that TSN is NOT all that great for their football analysis beyond the clear obvious.

OK, righteous one so you don't like the way Key acts! That's fine. But maybe BB does and maybe BB doesn't give two hoots what Key acts like (if he did he wouldn't hang out with him!) just so long as he's a productive WR. And productive WR is certainly on Key's resume. In fact, like him or not, his resume is more impressive than all WR's now on this team not named Moss.

It wasn't a matter of being righteous. But you clearly have a bug in your pants because someone dared to question you on your bias for Keyshawn. What I did was point out facts. Sorry that those facts don't sit well with you, but they are still facts.

Oh, how Keyshawn acts off the field in social settings probably doesn't make a damn bit of difference to BB. Its how he acts in the clubhouse and on the field.

Also, the only reason that Keyshawn's resume is "more impressive" is because he's got twice as much time in the league and has had better QBs throwing him the ball than either Stallworth (except for 1 year) or Caldwell (except for 1 year) have had.

You have your love for Keyshawn. That's great. Good for you. I just don't share your man-love for him.

why didnt bb sign him last year when we needed recievers? all of a sudden hes going to sign him when we are stacked? im sure he wants big money to , i hate to tell you its not happening

The problem with Keyshawn--and a major reason why BB won't hire him--is that he can't keep his mouth shut. Patriots don't have big mouths, or if they do, they stifle them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back