PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Keyshawn Johnson SportsCenter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think Keyshawn could really help us with the big possesion guy but Welker has his contract..hes the slot and Caldwell wasnt that bad and BB said he has a spot on the team.

BB said Caldwell has a spot on the team? Link?

Last edited:
I just don't see it happening. I think the Eagles would make a lot of sense for MeShawn.

It was basically just Michael Smith saying don't count the Patriots out, since Keyshawn has a good relationship with BB, they share relationships with other people, and NE doesn't have a big possession receiver like Keyshawn. So, it's just speculation, that doesn't have any inside sources leaking any significant rumors.......Basically a worthless filler of which they made you wait 56 minutes to see.

You have just reminded me why I haven't watched Sports Center since the NFLN was launched.

here's a tip: never watch ESPN.

if you must watch that crap remember the law of teasers: If it is important/newsworthy you lead with it. If it is unsubstantiated or simply baseless, tease it.

I stopped listening to mike & mike because i was sick of them teasing stuff just to find out they were teasing speculation. that and the fact that a guest could suggest hitler was just mistaken and they wouldn't question it.

/I can even Godwin football threads

Maybe Keyshawn is going to take in a Red Sox game soon.

Michael Smith needs to stick to basketball. He always seems one step behind when it comes to football. :bricks:

I don't understand what they would want with Keyshawn. Why did they give up a 2nd round pick for Welker only to show a lack of faith in him to go sign Stallworth, Moss and possibly Johnson. I'm really curious to see this report, it's probably something stupid but they're using it so we all continue to watch.

welker is just a good ST guy and he wont have more then 30 rec this yer he is a kick returner and a punt returner now marrony and hobbs and fulk dont need to return kicks and hes a 3rd down recver like brown

welker is just a good ST guy and he wont have more then 30 rec this yer he is a kick returner and a punt returner now marrony and hobbs and fulk dont need to return kicks and hes a 3rd down recver like brown

I'll take that A4E bet.

BB said Caldwell has a spot on the team? Link?
It was a news blurb around the time Moss was signed, Reche reportedly got nervous and was told by BB he was part of their plans.

Now who was looking for the big possession receiver? Thomas and Mills have some questions to ask you.

Ok so did someone post what was exactly said?

Ain't no way in hell Keyshawn is coming to NE.
1. Cap room is starting to get tight.
2. We are totally stacked now at reciever.
3. Keyshawn is not as good as he thinks he's worth.

Wow, that is really lame, even for Sportscenter.

It was basically just Michael Smith saying don't count the Patriots out, since Keyshawn has a good relationship with BB, they share relationships with other people, and NE doesn't have a big possession receiver like Keyshawn. So, it's just speculation, that doesn't have any inside sources leaking any significant rumors.......Basically a worthless filler of which they made you wait 56 minutes to see.

Right, so to be a possession receiver, the player has to be old and slow like Keyshawn (the ONLY reason I'd want Keyshawn now would be his blocking)? They can't be speedy like Moss or Welker? I'm fine with what we have now; Michael Smith doesn't seem to know what he's talking about.

Kelley Washington isn't a big, possession WR? :confused:

I know, that's the first WR I thought of when Michael Smith said NE doesn't have a big possession WR. I was thinking to myself.....Isn't Kelley Washington like 6'3" 216lbs or something, and has some possession ability? Also, someone else pointed out Welker is a possession receiver, just of the smaller veriety.

To SeanBruschi54:
The paraphrases I posted were basically what he talked about. Really, it was just Michael Smith speculating.

Last edited:
Seriously, if they signed Keyshawn I would never stop laughing.

I say we dont sign him, we dont need him.. More depth on the LB crew and secondary would be more of a focus the next 2 months..

But then again, I was one of the people that said, we dont need Randy Moss, and there is no way we could get him..

Kelley Washington isn't a big, possession WR? :confused:

Did Kelley Washington somehow become a player while I wasn't looking? His 72 career catches is a whopping 2 more than Keyshawn had last season. I'm not saying that Keyshawn is a must have or anything, especially because I think Moss has probably put Washington out of a roster spot because of the new depth at WR, but let's be serious. Washington's not close to the player Keyshawn is, even now.

Ain't no way in hell Keyshawn is coming to NE.
1. Cap room is starting to get tight.
2. We are totally stacked now at reciever.
3. Keyshawn is not as good as he thinks he's worth.

and 4) MeShawn's agent is feeding disinformation to
raise Kj's price...

Did Kelley Washington somehow become a player while I wasn't looking? His 72 career catches is a whopping 2 more than Keyshawn had last season. I'm not saying that Keyshawn is a must have or anything, especially because I think Moss has probably put Washington out of a roster spot because of the new depth at WR, but let's be serious. Washington's not close to the player Keyshawn is, even now.

Washington couldn't displace Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh from their cushy roles as #1 and #2 WR's. I don't fault Washington for that... there are few who could break into the starting lineup with those guys in front of them. Johnson and Houshmandzadeh both have good height and can be classified as possession WR's. Also, Johnson and Houshmandzadeh have missed a total of four games combined due to injury during the past three seasons.

In NE every position in the WR corps is open. Washington finally has a chance to establish himself, although with the arrival of Moss it's going to be tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back