PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kayshon Boutte

Boutte was an elite WR at one point in college. Injuries and an attitude problem was his downfall. Both Boutte and BB are struggling… but 2 wrongs don’t make a right. I think it was a tweet “free me” Boutte posted recently…. I don’t care. It’s not like he was video taped beating his GF. BB’s harsh playing rules hurt the team.
Yes to attitude problem. And I don’t care either, he’s got to man up and perform.

“Free me” sounds like he’s asking to be cut because he’s not playing when he hasn’t earned it. That’s not how rookie contracts work.

BB has to deal with over a hundred players a year, he’s not going to change his style to adapt to each and every one’s personal idiosyncrasies, nor should he. His deal is simple: perform and you play. Earn it.

Boutte faces the same rules every other player faces. He has an opportunity to be an NFL player. What he does with that opportunity is up to him. Coach can’t do it for him. Man up!

Boutte committed the worst sin possible:as rookie- demanding playing time when you have not earned it in practice or games

See Ya Kayshon, don’t let the door hit you on the way out

What the argument here seems to be about is our obsession with Boutte, We have such an obsession almost every year. Curiously, this year, we are NOT depending on our older veterans only. We have Douglas and Reagor in our top group of WR's.
I admit it, I crave a WR who can turn an 8-yard slant into a homerun. It is a huge missing piece on this team.

Thought JJSS would be that guy, somewhat, but his knee disagrees.

Thornton hasn't shown as much in hundreds of snaps and two seasons as Boutte showed on one play in PS. Got separation, never changed his stride in catching the ball, vision downfield, where he cut at the perfect time to keep separation. Few have the athletic skills to do that, fewer still have the vision and relationship to the catch to do it.

Let him make his rookie mistakes now, when the playoffs are a very, very long shot. Let him get to his peak early enough in his career so you don't have to guess if a great season was a fluke or an expectation (Uche).

Unless the other players don't want him out there, which I have no way of knowing, I'd want him on the field a lot. Jalen Raegor? Maybe the same thing. As it stands, the only guy at Pats O skill positions who plays with as much playing speed as Boutte is Pop - Bourne is pretty close ( but he'll be gone next year, as I REALLY doubt he'll resign with this team if they even make him a serious offer).

Thornton is fast, but that's all he is. I'd love to be wrong about him. I don't think I am.

PS. Pretty much every top WR in the league right now is a diva and has been since he came into the league.

I admit it, I crave a WR who can turn an 8-yard slant into a homerun. It is a huge missing piece on this team.

Thought JJSS would be that guy, somewhat, but his knee disagrees.

Thornton hasn't shown as much in hundreds of snaps and two seasons as Boutte showed on one play in PS. Got separation, never changed his stride in catching the ball, vision downfield, where he cut at the perfect time to keep separation. Few have the athletic skills to do that, fewer still have the vision and relationship to the catch to do it.

Let him make his rookie mistakes now, when the playoffs are a very, very long shot. Let him get to his peak early enough in his career so you don't have to guess if a great season was a fluke or an expectation (Uche).

Unless the other players don't want him out there, which I have no way of knowing, I'd want him on the field a lot. Jalen Raegor? Maybe the same thing. As it stands, the only guy at Pats O skill positions who plays with as much playing speed as Boutte is Pop - Bourne is pretty close ( but he'll be gone next year, as I REALLY doubt he'll resign with this team if they even make him a serious offer).

Thornton is fast, but that's all he is. I'd love to be wrong about him. I don't think I am.

PS. Pretty much every top WR in the league right now is a diva and has been since he came into the league.
At this point, they should be throwing the rookies off the boat to see if they can swim.

Parker is JAG.

JJSU is just an older Meyers (with the bad knee to prove it).

Let Boutte go make mistakes. Ditto Douglas and Thornton. Figure out exactly what they are. It's not like they couldn't use the benefit of picking at the top of the draft for a change. Hopefully they can work through kinks and get a leg up for next year. Maybe they gel and are productive. Crazier things have happened.

I bet you Boutte have a great practice this week. Better yet I bet he plays by Default. :rolleyes:

At this point, they should be throwing the rookies off the boat to see if they can swim.

Parker is JAG.

JJSU is just an older Meyers (with the bad knee to prove it).

Let Boutte go make mistakes. Ditto Douglas and Thornton. Figure out exactly what they are. It's not like they couldn't use the benefit of picking at the top of the draft for a change. Hopefully they can work through kinks and get a leg up for next year. Maybe they gel and are productive. Crazier things have happened.
The GOAT of HC's who will go down with the most Loses all time don't think so about Parker and Juju.:rolleyes:

Boutte was an elite WR at one point in college. Injuries and an attitude problem was his downfall. Both Boutte and BB are struggling… but 2 wrongs don’t make a right. I think it was a tweet “free me” Boutte posted recently…. I don’t care. It’s not like he was video taped beating his GF. BB’s harsh playing rules hurt the team.
Upstater doesn't think so because to him BB is the Greatest ever even the **** show he created on Offense. Wouldn't it be something if K Boutte goes for a 100yrds in the coming weeks.:rolleyes:

Upstater doesn't think so because to him BB is the Greatest ever even the **** show he created on Offense. Wouldn't it be something if K Boutte goes for a 100yrds in the coming weeks.:rolleyes:
I think Boutte has potential to be an elite talent ….i agree they need to give him more reps and see what we have there…..no sense having him inactive and Parker and ju ju active

Sounds like maybe he’s seen the light, so Bill will let him see the light of day.

Against the Commanders I’d love to see Bill throw everything against the wall to see what sticks. Play Boutte, but not just that. Give Grier the start at QB, deactivate Parker and Juju, so the WRs are Pop, Booty, TT, and Reagor. Heck I’d even play Pharaoh as TE1. Let the kids show what they’ve got. Keep Mac active as QB2 so he’s available if Grier throws up on himself, but give Will the chance and see what he does with it.

“Being out since the first week, coming in, there’s huge expectations, so I’m just approaching this week harder than ever.”

Patriots rookie Kayshon Boutte ready to shine for depleted WR group

Last edited:
I hope Juju is a healthy scratch.
Wouldn't mind them shutting him down he's been very ineffective. His TD came on a well designed pick or the Defense completely forgot about him... can't blame em.

It took him almost 9 weeks to have a good practice? Ok…,
Total BS. The choices are few and few between.

Bill “Is Boutte one of our injured?”
BOB “Nope”
Bill “He had a good week then. Play him”.

Total BS. The choices are few and few between.

Bill “Is Boutte one of our injured?”
BOB “Nope”
Bill “He had a good week then. Play him”.
A good week is one spent on the practice field, not on crutches.

It‘s really sad things have gotten to that.

Sounds like maybe he’s seen the light, so Bill will let him see the light of day.

Against the Commanders I’d love to see Bill throw everything against the wall to see what sticks. Play Boutte, but not just that. Give Grier the start at QB, deactivate Parker and Juju, so the WRs are Pop, Booty, TT, and Reagor. Heck I’d even play Pharaoh as TE1. Let the kids show what they’ve got. Keep Mac active as QB2 so he’s available if Grier throws up on himself, but give Will the chance and see what he does with it.

Patriots rookie Kayshon Boutte ready to shine for depleted WR group

I think Boutte has potential to be an elite talent ….i agree they need to give him more reps and see what we have there…..no sense having him inactive and Parker and ju ju active

I’ve got more faith in “Twinkle Toes” Boutte than I do with the “One Catch.Wonder” Thornton. Even though he didn’t get both toes down, Boutte at least got free and made (2) decent catches!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back