PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kareem the Hunt(er)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is also virtue signalling.

@Deus Irae is just pointing out what should be common sense. This isn't really any of our business, nor should we leave it up to the NFL to investigate and hand out punishment. That's what the court's exist to do.

And I say this as someone who finds what he did repugnant. If I were running his team, then he wouldn't on my team anymore (ditto Hill). I believe character matters. Where I diverge is taking the next step and saying that the NFL (or any company) should terminate someone as a matter of course. There's a big difference between making a judgement call and having an official policy. If I were an owner, I'd fire them the day a news release like this came out, but I wouldn't really appreciate the NFL mandating a fine or suspension based on their rather flawed procedures.

Also, should we celebrate when someone loses employment? I don't like what Hunt did, and I wouldn't want to employ him, but if he's cleared from a judicial standpoint, then why should we want to prevent him from working? Let's not pretend like most of us haven't cheered for some shady Patriots in the past . . .

That's all I'm willing to say on the matter. I'll drop out of this discussion. I hope Hunt and the young woman involved can recover from whatever happened, and get on with their lives. But it's not really my business -- a lot of the responses I see in media feel voyeuristic, or have a sense of moral crusade, when really we can leave it up to the justice system to sort out.

First Tyreek Hill, then Kareem Hunt. Both are talented players who seem to have some highly concerning character issues.

But they're good at football and playing for an up and coming team in position to play for a super bowl ring.

Kareem RightHook

But they're good at football and playing for an up and coming team in position to play for a super bowl ring.
An up and coming team who can potentially dethrone the perennial AFC champs.

Hunt made the first move by shoving the girl. That was when the kid tried to step in between to stop it and another kid tried to pull Hunt away.

Then Hunt made the last move by kicking the girl that was crouched down after being shoved against the wall by Hunt's pal.

All because the girl wouldn't f**k his friend.

Wait... it looked to me like

Hunt made the last move by kicking the girl that was crouched down, after being shoved against the wall, along with Hunt's pal, by Hunt.

so Hunt delivered...
A shove of the girl
A violent shove of his pal, that took out the girl too
A kick to the girl

A trifecta of scummy behavior.

but if he's cleared from a judicial standpoint, then why should we want to prevent him from working
Hernandez was "cleared from a judicial standpoint".

Terrible appeal to authority.

1. Not on company time.
  2. Not about company business.
  3. It's a matter for the involved parties, and the law, not the general public.
  4. It should be none of the NFL's business.

But the country will spend thousands of man hours virtue signalling, anyway. It only took until post #6 in this thread for the insanity on the subject to ramp up to almost maximum power.
But wouldn’t you agree that this is “conduct detrimental to the league”?

But wouldn’t you agree that this is “conduct detrimental to the league”?
Do you think the league’s revenues are going to suffer from this?

Feminism has nothing to do with equal rights for women. Feminism is there to destroy the traditional nuclear family and create friction between men and women. The
MGTOW movement is a reaction to feminism. Men don't want to talk too women anymore. Feminism is only really existing in the west and its no surprise that replacement fertility rates are dropping in the west since feminism has been around. Look at who is behind feminism then it all becomes very clear.

Hi Phyllis Schafly, thought you were dead. Although, you still don't make any sense.

Yea, they care about $ a lot, but PR and image are still big factors. Even despite previous screwups on that end.

@Deus Irae is just pointing out what should be common sense. This isn't really any of our business,
No that's not common sense, nor is it even accurate.

Whether you approve of the NFL's policy or not, violations of the law are in the public interest. They are not private matters.

Well said! That's NYJFL* and the corrupt 32's definition of conduct detrimental to the league! what's the profit margin, treating human beings like a commodity. Disgusting!

I have no idea how anyone can watch that video and come away with any kind of Kareem Hunt apologism. Right around the time he shoves his buddy and the girl across the hallway and goes in for the kick, that pretty much seals the deal. He was out of control and he deserves to have the hammer dropped on him. The chiefsplanet thread on this is ****ing ridiculous.

Feminism has nothing to do with equal rights for women. Feminism is there to destroy the traditional nuclear family and create friction between men and women. The
MGTOW movement is a reaction to feminism. Men don't want to talk too women anymore. Feminism is only really existing in the west and its no surprise that replacement fertility rates are dropping in the west since feminism has been around. Look at who is behind feminism then it all becomes very clear.

To me, @fnordcircle was saying that he is a feminist to show that he supports women having equal rights as men.
The actual definition of feminism is : the advocacy of women's rights on the basis of the equality of the sexes
What certain groups or agendas have distorted or tried to reinvent feminism to be does not change what the actual definition is....
I do feel that the current “feminism movement” is somewhat irrelevant in this country now- I have every right that men do, end of story.
In this case though- a much smaller person shoves a much larger & more powerful person- her shove didn’t affect him at all- what he does in response is assault.
I would say the same if the situation was reversed & a 230 lb female athlete went after a 115 lb male in high heels.

Last edited:

I think the league is probably a lot less thrilled about the prospect of the Chiefs being in the Super Bowl than it was last week. It would basically be two weeks of stories about how arguably their two most dynamic players--Hunt and Hill--are woman-beating scumbags.

Congrats, this is the dumbest ****ing post I've ever read. Plenty of men want to talk to women and do so all the time. Most of us, in fact. Don't try to universalize your own pathetic inadequacies, because the vast majority of us don't share them. Maybe you should look inward and realize that you truly can't have a positive relationship with women at large, then you're probably a ****head, and that you really ought to improve yourself rather than blaming half of the human population for your own issues.

In short, stop sucking at life, and if you can't manage that stop blaming everyone else for it. If you want your life to improve, stop being an antisocial obese ****** on Reddit. Feminism, with the exception of the ridiculous extremes that exist in every movement, is about equality. Nothing more, nothing less. If that feels like a personal attack on you, then see above.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes