PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernick ..... Tryout Edition

if brady is out, then we need to play for the future, and that means playing stidham and letting him learn on the job. We have the luxury of not doing so this year but Stidham would probably be playing if he was on about 6-8 NFL teams this year.
Which is why so many top draft picks are duds. Thrown into the fire before they’re ready, great way to ruin them. Which is why it might be best to play for the future if Brady goes down by having somebody like Hoyer or Kaep as a stopgap. Don’t sacrifice the years after Brady for one season now.

If BB thinks he is worth signing, then that's good enough for me. If he didn't send a scout then he wouldn't be doing his job at the expected BB level.

Look...you gotta use the CORRECT triggered meme...now pay attention...

Never watch the origin video of this meme, the context kills it.

If BB thinks he is worth signing, then that's good enough for me. If he didn't send a scout then he wouldn't be doing his job at the expected BB level.

And yet you disagree with my post above....this board never ceases to amaze me. :rolleyes:

I didn’t declare I won anything. Maybe those other posters can explain why I’m wrong rather than going straight into insults.

The meme is meant to be funny, nothing else.

Whoa whoa relax man. I’m just joking around, no need to get all butthurt about it. People get way too offended these days. Stop being such a beta.

And yet you disagree with my post above....this board never ceases to amaze me. :rolleyes:

"But the backlash over signing Kap would be too much..." Since when does BB give a rat's @$$ about "backlash"?

"But the backlash over signing Kap would be too much..." Since when does BB give a rat's @$$ about "backlash"?

Did I say he would? I just said it was a downside to bringing him here, if Bill decides to do it..it would be a circus

Whoa whoa relax man. I’m just joking around, no need to get all butthurt about it. People get way too offended these days. Stop being such a beta.

These Kaep threads, despite your having the good sense to show up with a sense of humor...they just don't go right for you.

If Kap wanted a job for this season to simply re-establish himself as an NFL player for a few months the Pats would be the perfect place. He could take Cody Kessler's place as the #3 QB and provide the Pats with a key element that they just don't have at this point. Someone who can run the scout team and give the defense a great simulation of all the mobile QB's the Pats will face the rest of the season.

If he were OK with THAT specific role, I'd sign him in a minute. The benefit he'd get from us is being in a place where he can get good coaching and rebuild the skills that may have eroded over the last 3 years. He can rehabilitate his name simply by being in this organization, like so many others. And then there is that possibility of getting a ring. Then he'd be much better prepared to be a FA going into 2020 with 3 months being on a team, and not just ANY team.

Sounds like a plan to me. ;)

Did I say he would? I just said it was a downside to bringing him here, if Bill decides to do it..it would be a circus
BUT, you said it and got your panties all in a bunch because I disagreed with it...this board never ceases to amaze me either. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

If Kap wanted a job for this season to simply re-establish himself as an NFL player for a few months the Pats would be the perfect place. He could take Cody Kessler's place as the #3 QB and provide the Pats with a key element that they just don't have at this point. Someone who can run the scout team and give the defense a great simulation of all the mobile QB's the Pats will face the rest of the season.

I didn't think of this angle...as the scout team QB. He can try to play the role of Lamar Jackson for the next Ravens game...

I never knew there were so many cross dressers on this board...( a guy could make a small fortune selling panties FWIW)

I never knew there were so many cross dressers on this board...( a guy could make a small fortune selling panties FWIW)
And no sign of Fnord.

Is there really a guy named Cody Kessler or did you make that up?

These Kaep threads, despite your having the good sense to show up with a sense of humor...they just don't go right for you.

Disagree. When these threads come along, I maintain my dignity far more than any of the other participants (possible exception of Joker, and present company of course)

Disagree. When these threads come along, I maintain my dignity far more than any of the other participants (possible exception of Joker, and present company of course)

And if Brady were to be injured later this season, then Belichick could decide which QB gave us the best chance of winning the next game.

If he were OK with THAT specific role, I'd sign him in a minute. The benefit he'd get from us is being in a place where he can get good coaching and rebuild the skills that may have eroded over the last 3 years. He can rehabilitate his name simply by being in this organization, like so many others. And then there is that possibility of getting a ring. Then he'd be much better prepared to be a FA going into 2020 with 3 months being on a team, and not just ANY team.

I didn't think of this angle...as the scout team QB. He can try to play the role of Lamar Jackson for the next Ravens game...
Exactly. You see no one is going to sign him this late in the season even if he's spectacular on Saturday. This is all to set him up for next season. But HERE he could actually have a role that means something. He gets to get back faster into the league with a winning team, improve his skills and perhaps even get a ring. We play a lot of teams who have "mobile" QB's coming up. He could actually be of help.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back