PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernick ..... Tryout Edition

Kaepernick is what we refer to back home as a "mark ass".

Stunning to me how all these Patriot fans in this thread trust the NFL on this.

And you're quoting nothing but lying NFL mouthpieces who to this day never defended Brady and Belichick. When you hear James Brown talk, you hear the NFL talk.

Several points I would make here:

1. Can't believe I'm listening to the media argue AGAINST media access. Unreal. The reasons for Kaepernick demanding media access are obvious. So that it would not be secretive.

2. According to Florio, the NFL's waiver contained language absolving the NFL of all future liability with respect to collusion: Inside the waiver proposed by the NFL to Colin Kaepernick

3. The scouts on hand think Kaepernick's movement, arm strength etc., is good enough to be an NFL backup.

Hard to believe the talking heads (who are paid indirectly by the NFL) are being taken seriously.

Kaepernick moved this for the two obvious reasons I mentioned above--as he should have--and he also showed that he deserves--and has always deserved--a shot at playing. If the NFL is keeping him out, it has been about his social activist stances. I'm not going to get into that--but anyone who says he wasn't justified in his actions this week, anyone who says he's not good enough, they are totally wrong.

In fact, why are we even arguing about his? Some owners have made it clear it's his social activism that has caused them to blackball him. This is all out in the open. It is known. There is no argument here.

I'm just stunned that Patriots fans are falling for the NFL's ridiculous framing.

Kaepernick > Goodell.

There's a lot to digest here but I'll give it a try.

I don't trust the NYFL but that doesn't mean that I have to trust CK. They both suck.

1. Isn't it possible that the reason CK wanted the media around was so he could get his message across?

2. What's the big deal? The NYFL calls the shots don't they? They don't want him playing or he'd be playing. I don't think he's really interested in playing anyway.

3. If it's true that he still has the arm strength to be a backup he can join a long list of QB's who are in the same boat and are not NYFL backups.

If I'm an owner of an NYFL team I wouldn't want him either. I doubt that any owner wants the distraction that comes along with him. He's far more of a distraction than an NYFL QB.

Technically, this was supposed to be his chance to show his football stuff. Personally, I'd like it if some team took him in and then dumped him later. That would be great to watch

I'm stunned that any fan anywhere would want him. He supports killing police officers.

Sports lawyer Daniel Wallach on that waiver agreement:

Sports lawyer Daniel Wallach on that waiver agreement:

I don’t see it, and he has a couple lawyers in the feed that don’t see it either. Some agree with Wallach or think it’s ambiguous. Some have said waiving future claims isn’t even a legal possibility, at least not in GA.

“Player acknowledges that he has been made no promise of employment, and understands that his participation in the Workout does not constitute employment”

Seems pretty straight forward and related to the workout.

“any and all claims . . . caused by, arising out of, occurring during, or related directly or indirectly to the Workout, Player’s presence at the Facility, and any medical treatment or services rendered in connection with or necessitated by Player’s participation in the Workout.”

The focus by Wallach seems to be on the “indirectly” part though it says “to the workout.” Some people interpret that to mean it’s waiving essentially everything including another collusion case as that would I guess fall under “indirectly related to the workout.”

I would think:

Directly= break an ankle while running in workout- waived
Indirectly= slip in shower afterward- waived
Neither= Collusion not related to workout- not waived

How would a later lawsuit for collusion unrelated to the workout here be waived?

I know our legal system has issues but if this amounts to a blanket waiver for future claims then we’re in bigger trouble than I thought. It would mean words don’t mean much of anything.

The guy is a fraud and yet people fall for his BS its sad and it literally has nothing to do with all 32 teams "shunning" him.

1. He opted out of his contract, he wasn't cut. He was unhappy that he got benched, because his play was terrible.
2. He refused to take back up QB market rate
3. Baltimore, after all of the BS started, talked to him, and his girlfriend sent out a tweet or whatever on social media comparing the Ravens owner to a plantation slave owner.
4. If football meant that much to him he would of played in the CFL
5. He only wanted the "media" there so he could put this in some documentary, he is doing about his "injustice".
6. He has no interest in playing football or holding a clipboard.
7. He wasn't anything more than a journeyman/backup based on his play three years ago. I doubt its improved.

He knows he can get rich playing the "victim" and given the demographics of the league is a comical stance to take.

So Florio's had to walk back from his position, now that the facts are out.

Delayed negotiations over Colin Kaepernick waiver helped derail workout

Last Wednesday, the league sent to Kaepernick’s representatives the waiver that PFT published on Sunday morning — and that was cited by Kaepernick’s camp last Saturday when pulling the plug on the league-organized workout...

Per multiple sources with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick’s representatives did not communicate specific concerns regarding the potential breadth of the release to the league on Wednesday or Thursday. On Friday, Kaepernick’s representatives told the league that there were minor concerns regarding the release. By Saturday morning, specific complaints about the proposed release still had not been articulated.

Ultimately, they never were. Instead, Kaepernick’s representatives proposed a completely different release

If the NFL would have agreed to revise the document to preserve Kaepernick’s potential employment-related claims, problem solved. If the NFL would have refused to make such revisions, the battle lines would have been firmly drawn. Because Kaepernick’s representatives waited too long to engage the NFL on this issue — and because they never presented specific concerns about the league’s release — neither had a chance to occur.

Will that change the minds of any here? Probably not. But even though Florio is still playing the "Waiver = bad" card, albeit far less stridently than before, he has seen a little bit of the light.

To anyone who's wondering why this guy still can't get a private workout, you can add this to the file:

Spent the morning at the Indigenous People’s Sunrise Ceremony on the 50 year anniversary of the Occupation of Alcatraz. The US government has stolen over 1.5 billion acres of land from Indigenous people. Thank you to my Indigenous family, I’m with you today and always.✊

pic.twitter.com/6cTuktUlQN

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back