PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernick’s Lawyer suggests Pats are Interested

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of BS, to be sure. I recently cut cable, and didn't buy red zone yet. I am not so sure that I miss it. I will continue to watch the Pats, but the rest of it, I can take it or leave it. I coach HS football, so I am pretty passionate about the game. I doubt I will ever walk away from it fully. Even if the owners continue to eff up the game.

Sadly the only time I see non-Pats games was Pitt & Sundays while working out at the gym. Completely forgot about Jete-Cleve last night. Followed Pats since Day 0 right through all the bad years and decades. Big Brady fan at 2001 training camp where he outplayed The Statue. But unlike every other football season I'm taking a European cruise this October and missing 2 games. In the past I'd be apoplectic about this, but now I don't really care that much. I'm in for the rest of the BB & Brady run, but afterwards I'll be a casual fan.
I think Deflategate broke my allegiance, along with player safety awareness & politicizing football . Nice job NFL.

Bill likes players who think football is important, so...

I understand a space opened up in Lancaster and is still available. Can't think of a better candidate. Would give a whole new meaning to the phrase 'kneel down'

He’s not coming here. That’s clear posturing by his lawyer and I doubt the Pats would even want him. Besides, Kaepernick doesn’t want to play football. Why would he? The celebrity he’s gotten from kneeling has gotten him very well paid by Nike. Why would he want to get his head caved in on a daily basis when he can just pretend like he wants to play and get a big time endorsement?
It’d be better for his legacy not to return because he’s remembered much more fondly. Somebody tweeted he’s one of the best QBs in the league lol. He’d be a decent fringe starter. Not a star but, not a scrub either. Was fun to watch in his hay day.

It’d be better for his legacy not to return because he’s remembered much more fondly. Somebody tweeted he’s one of the best QBs in the league lol. He’d be a decent fringe starter. Not a star but, not a scrub either. Was fun to watch in his hay day.

If i was coaching any of the following teams, I'd have signed him to a 10-15 mil deal before the start of the season to be the starter:

Cle(Mayfield looks good, but they could have let him sit a year or two)

Tampa(Jameis should be done in the league, how many sexual assaults is too many for a mediocre qb?)

Buff(Lul, this team is a disaster)

Jets(see buff)

Arizona(They paid Sam Bradford top tier starter money)

Denver(Case Keenum is not the answer)

Well, almost always.

I meant that literally: each team has a person who has final say over the roster. That person has to approve all contracts. For most teams, it's the GM. For the Patriots, it's Belichick.

If i was coaching any of the following teams, I'd have signed him to a 10-15 mil deal before the start of the season to be the starter:

Cle(Mayfield looks good, but they could have let him sit a year or two)

Tampa(Jameis should be done in the league, how many sexual assaults is too many for a mediocre qb?)

Buff(Lul, this team is a disaster)

Jets(see buff)

Arizona(They paid Sam Bradford top tier starter money)

Denver(Case Keenum is not the answer)

Then it's a damned good thing you're not coaching any of those teams.

Then it's a damned good thing you're not coaching any of those teams.
I assume you’re suggesting he can’t play anymore or play at a level that would justify a bottom feeder team to give him a middling contract. To be fair, Howie Long stated on the record at the off season meeting between the players and owners on the kneeling topic, that most or even all of the player in attendance felt he deserved to be playing in the league. The players know who can play and who can’t so I think the argument that he’s got no talent is a hard one to make now.

I assume you’re suggesting he can’t play anymore or play at a level that would justify a bottom feeder team to give him a middling contract. To be fair, Howie Long stated on the record at the off season meeting between the players and owners on the kneeling topic, that most or even all of the player in attendance felt he deserved to be playing in the league. The players know who can play and who can’t so I think the argument that he’s got no talent is a hard one to make now.

Jets had McCown and added Bridgewater, to go along with the #3 overall pick. The idea that having C.K. there would be a good idea is insanity.

Rosen's game is nothing like C.K's, and there's already an issue regarding Rosen and his attitude that goes back to his college days. The notion that putting C.K. in for Rosen to learn behind would be a good idea is an absurdity.

"Case Keenum is not the answer"? C'mon. "Colin Kaepernick is not the answer".

Buffalo "this team is a disaster", so bringing in a lightning rod of a player who can't do anything beyond his first read is the solution?

Etc....

And I'll leave it at that, except to say that I don't give a **** what a bunch of politically motivated players have to say about a personnel issue.

I would love to see him sign here to set off the fellowship of the miserable as well as the brady underwear brigade

Jets had McCown and added Bridgewater, to go along with the #3 overall pick. The idea that having C.K. there would be a good idea is insanity.

Rosen's game is nothing like C.K's, and there's already an issue regarding Rosen and his attitude that goes back to his college days. The notion that putting C.K. in for Rosen to learn behind would be a good idea is an absurdity.

"Case Keenum is not the answer"? C'mon. "Colin Kaepernick is not the answer".

Buffalo "this team is a disaster", so bringing in a lightning rod of a player who can't do anything beyond his first read is the solution?

Etc....

And I'll leave it at that, except to say that I don't give a **** what a bunch of politically motivated players have to say about a personnel issue.
Those are all solid points. Although I do disagree with you that the players motivation for kneeling is a political one. They have said repeatedly they are trying to bring attention to racial inequality and police brutality. It's hard for me to see those causes or the protest as politically motivated. IMO the politics have been forced into the discussion by others who see a benefit to themselves in cultivating a culture war.

Although I do disagree with you that the players motivation for kneeling is a political one. They have said repeatedly they are trying to bring attention to racial inequality and police brutality. It's hard for me to see those causes or the protest as politically motivated. IMO the politics have been forced into the discussion by others who see a benefit to themselves in cultivating a culture war.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. It's the very essence of political.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. It's the very essence of political.
How so? Do you think every protest is politically motivated?

Last edited:
How so? Do you think every protest is politically motivated?

Political protests are inherently political, yes. Because they're political, you see. This isn't a drunk protesting his ejection from a bar. This is a person taking a political stand on a political issue.

It's definitional.

Political protests are inherently political, yes. Because they're political, you see. This isn't a drunk protesting his ejection from a bar. This is a person taking a political stand on a political issue.

It's definitional.
I guess I don’t see it that way because I don’t see what makes racial inequality or police brutality political issues. I see them as social issues and the kneeling as a social protest. I haven’t heard the players voice a political position in any of this.

I guess I don’t see it that way because I don’t see what makes racial inequality or police brutality political issues. I see them as social issues and the kneeling as a social protest. I haven’t heard the players voice a political position in any of this.

Whether you see it that way or not is irrelevant. It is what it is. It's definitional.

And trying to claim that social issues aren't political, as if there's no overlap, is ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes