PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julio Jones (June 6 Update - Traded to the Titans)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT only if the other team is willing to pay entire salary.

Okay, we’ll give the 2nd and take the full contract but then ATL has to take at least 2 players from us. Harry Michel come to mind

All the leaks are coming from the Falcons. The 1st round pick on the table talk is BS and doesn't tell the whole story. I reckon that would be a pick swap like KC-Baltimore for Orlando Brown. i.e. a 1st for Julio and your 2nd.

If this is true, I have changed my mind about trading for him. Hard pass on Julio, if he wants to be a paid like a top 3-5 WR each of the next three years. He and his agent knew damn well why the Falcons structured the contract, such that his salary drops in 2023 and 2024. If Jones wants a new deal at the age of 32, coming off of an injury plagued year, let him go elsewhere.

"According to a source familiar with Jones’ past contractual expectations..."

Well, according to this other real sketchy source, goes by the name Julio Jones: "I want to win."
Players always say they want to win but oftentimes it is clear their higher priority is to get paid. No one can honestly know Jones’ top priority at this stage of his career.

Players always say they want to win but oftentimes it is clear their higher priority is to get paid. No one can honestly know Jones’ top priority at this stage of his career.
Tbf, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Doesn't change the fact that Florio (and his "source") are just speculating, whereas the latter we heard from the horse's mouth (which I wouldn't assume was performative, given the reports he was oblivious to being on air).

If this is true, I have changed my mind about trading for him. Hard pass on Julio, if he wants to be a paid like a top 3-5 WR each of the next three years. He and his agent knew damn well why the Falcons structured the contract, such that his salary drops in 2023 and 2024. If Jones wants a new deal at the age of 32, coming off of an injury plagued year, let him go elsewhere.

It’s interesting how Breer frames this as one source on the record and another source off the record, when there aren’t many candidates for “source familiar with Jones’ past contractual expectations” other than the GM he was negotiating with. I think Dimitroff is Florio’s anonymous source too.

I fee this dude is about to face his own Tony Buzbee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes