PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's horribly unfair to coaches on playoff teams. No reason to screw them over.

The rule should be no interviews for anyone, on playoff teams or not, until two days after the Superbowl.

I think it's also bad for parity. If you're the Browns and there's a clear #1 candidate in Josh do you wait and gamble only to find out it won't work out with him and watch as your #2 option signs elsewhere in the first week after the end of the season?

When Josh leaves...
List of OC's to consider ( realize a big name is unlikely)

O'Shea, Judge, Jay Gruden, Dirk Koetter, Shurmer, Kitchens, Halfert, Jason Garrett (not official yet), Joe Brady (pipe dream), Jim Caldwell, Brian Daboll (would he consider coming back)

I think If Judge and O'Shea are not brought in, Pat Shurmur might be a very good hire.

Extremely doubtful it will be anyone external. I'd bet heavily on BB taking the training wheels off the defense and letting Mayo/BBJr run the show while taking over the offense with Judge/Caley being groomed as future coordinators.

Depending on how amicable the split with O'Shea was he might be the wildcard as he has enough experience.

Last edited:
Ok, so its not really a request for permission but a notification then.
As long as the "request" falls in line with league-mandated stipulations (must be a promotion, must be in X time window). There might be some weird contract language which prohibits permission being denied (See Bill Belichick/NY Jets)

Joe Judge?

Offensive Coordinator?!?

Is that, like, a joke or something?
There was an article recently that said Judge was being groomed by BB to be
offensive c0ordinator.

I heard Linda Holliday’s twin daughters are the current favorite(s) for 2020 OC. If Josh leaves, of course.

I am leaning towards luring Weis back here

I'm not liking this chess match of a disinterested McDaniels vs Vrabel+Pees.

Where the hell are you getting the notion JMD is disinterested?

Don't you know - if someone has anything in their life happen that isn't related to the NFL it means they're distracted?

Speeding ticket? Distracted.

Post on social media wishing their grandmother a happy birthday? Distracted.

Painful diarrhea? Distracted.

Painful diarrhea? Distracted.
Well whether it’s painful or diarrhea or not, I’m not sure I confident if the coaches are taking the time to poop at all this week. No stone unturned, no bowel unclenched, laser focus.

One time I had a job, but I also applied to and interviewed for another one. While continuing to do the job I had. Crazy.

One time I had a job, but I also applied to and interviewed for another one. While continuing to do the job I had. Crazy.

But...but....the most vocal behavioral scientists who post on here have stated this is not possible.

I'm not liking this chess match of a disinterested McDaniels vs Vrabel+Pees.

During training camp, Brady and co. gave Vrabel that tiny little trophy for winning the regular season matchup last year. That’s not an ominous sign or anything.

There was an article recently that said Judge was being groomed by BB to be
offensive c0ordinator.
Aside from his ST knowledge, does he only have the one (poor) year of coaching the WRs?

Aside from his ST knowledge, does he only have the one (poor) year of coaching the WRs?

Didn't Belichick say that Judge could coach any unit on the team?

Didn't Belichick say that Judge could coach any unit on the team?
Belichick praising him is not terribly surprising to me, though. I am somewhat surprised to hear that he’s being talked about as the next OC, especially in a down year for the position that he coached.

Belichick praising him is not terribly surprising to me, though. I am somewhat surprised to hear that he’s being talked about as the next OC, especially in a down year for the position that he coached.

I mean did you see Mangini's time with us as DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes