PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colin Cowherder, bloviator extraordinaire, had an interesting Brady/McDaniels combo platter destination hot take yesterday ......

Indy

Setting aside the extreme hostility toward Josh by ownership, media, and fans.... and ignoring the bucolic location.....Indy may tick every box that both QB and HC could desire.

Massive available cap space
Top 3 O line
Weapons including TEs
Devoted owner
Loyal fan base
Stat enhancing indoor stadium
Easier 2020 schedule than NE
10 indoor games

Brady and Josh could hit the ground running

It’s clear Brisket is not the long term answer for Indy
It’s unclear to me regarding current coaching competency

It’s also unclear if Josh prefers total separation from his NE past including Brady

Anyway, makes some sense on paper
I doubt Indy would even entertain the thought of Brady for a year. They need to draft a QB for long term. They already lost Luck and can't rely on yearly rentals at QB when you have all the talent on both sides of the ball.

Colin Cowherder, bloviator extraordinaire, had an interesting Brady/McDaniels combo platter destination hot take yesterday ......

Indy

Setting aside the extreme hostility toward Josh by ownership, media, and fans.... and ignoring the bucolic location.....Indy may tick every box that both QB and HC could desire.

Top 3 O line
Weapons including TEs
Devoted owner
Loyal fan base
10 indoor games

It’s also unclear if Josh prefers total separation from his NE past including Brady

I actually don't mind Cowherd. He usually seems pretty even keeled, and while I don't always agree with his takes, I never get the sense he's intentionally sensationalizing something to make it more interesting (unlike every single local radio personality here in Boston).

But I think this might be one of those takes where he got bored and just tossed up something ridiculous for a laugh. There's no way in hell Indy can sell that fanbase on McDaniels again, and McDaniels would be crazy to take it. He'd be a two-game losing streak away from getting booed out of a job.

We have one of the most stable coaching staffs in the NFL. Check out how many years the following have worked for the patriots.
Belichick
Josh
Scar
Fears
Belichick Jr
Casserio
Mayo also has lot of experience with the defense.

I'm sure that I've someone out.

Do you think that these guys don't have experience? Of course our coaches get promotions every year. That happens to top teams, and we are the best over the last 25 years.

Starting to get annoying how we get poached every year, we could pick a random bum off the street clean em up and give em title then watch the following year there will be teams wanted to interview buddy for a HC position.

Yes Indy should draft a QB for the long term. That does NOT change the need for a veteran QB for 2020.

I doubt Indy would even entertain the thought of Brady for a year. They need to draft a QB for long term. They already lost Luck and can't rely on yearly rentals at QB when you have all the talent on both sides of the ball.

Yes Indy should draft a QB for the long term. That does NOT change the need for a veteran QB for 2020.
Makes sense. But I doubt that after deflategate, Brady or Josh would even consider that.

Makes sense. But I doubt that after deflategate, Brady or Josh would even consider that.

Maybe not Brady (if he even blames the Colts for that), but Josh was 99.9% willing to do it last year, well after deflategate had run it's course. The question is really whether Indy wants to navigate the PR minefield of hiring the guy who left them at the altar the first time, and my money is on no.

Right. We wont have anyone left who is desirable.

Unless Belichick coaches into his 90s or Steve is the 2nd coming then we're going to become just another mediocre team very soon and nobody will want our staff other than the occasional good year.

Maybe not Brady (if he even blames the Colts for that), but Josh was 99.9% willing to do it last year, well after deflategate had run it's course. The question is really whether Indy wants to navigate the PR minefield of hiring the guy who left them at the altar the first time, and my money is on no.
I really doubt they'd go after Josh again. It wont' sit well with the fan base after everything that happened. Brady + Josh would be good for Indy though.

I also think Chargers are good option if they both work together.

Yeah, what was with that pick six? Who plans such things?
Why were both Michel & Edelman in the same area, and in the same flight path of the ball? Poorly-designed route combination...Meanwhile, the WR at the top of the screen (Not Sanu, who was in the slot) had a free 8 yards as soon as his coverage started running upfield if he had simply run an out-cut...or just stopped.

Why were both Michel & Edelman in the same area, and in the same flight path of the ball? Poorly-designed route combination...Meanwhile, the WR at the top of the screen (Not Sanu, who was in the slot) had a free 8 yards as soon as his coverage started running upfield if he had simply run an out-cut...or just stopped.

Michel drifted into the flat as a checkdown. But it doesn’t matter b/c Brady was clearly throwing to JE and Michel wasn’t in the path of the ball or vision of the QB. Btw, Sanu was wide open in the middle of the field.

I wonder if anyone has the gonads to ask Bill for permission to interview his son :D

Added cojones if it ends up being Patricia, Flores or McDaniels (if he leaves).

Indy

Top 3 O line
Weapons including TEs
Devoted owner
Loyal fan base
10 indoor games

I watched that segment and thought Cowturd was nuts.

There is no way a sophisticated QB with a international model wife would ever consider living in Indiana.

There is no way a sophisticated QB with a international model wife would ever consider living in Indiana.
Yea they aint getting Uggs or Louis Vutton at freakin Kohls.

I can't see McDaniels going to Carolina. The Browns are a mess as usual, starting with ownership.

The only place in the US you can go from Tribeca is Tinseltown.

Texans being Texans....how did we not beat them?

Thanks for everything Josh but I think it's time to both sides move on, if he intends to pursuit another HC job, this may be time because he can't keep passing every year, his stock is on a point that it may be trending down going forward. I wish him success if he chooses to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back