PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels interested in Colts HC job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not sure if true or not, but if it is... wtf Josh, why??? You want to work for the team that started the whole deflategate BS? To work for the pill-popping owner of the team that totally concocted a story to take your current team (as well as yourself) down? Smh.

On today’s CBS pregame show, Jason La Canfora said that the 49ers are interested in McDaniels, but that “McDaniels will be most interested in the Lions, the Colts, and the Rams job.”

Report: Josh McDaniels would be interested in Colts head coach job

If he takes the job, I'm not going to get all hot and bothered. Yeah I might frown a little at Josh out of my contempt for the Colts organization but it is a tempting option to be coaching Andrew Luck. McDaniels could probably work wonders in putting together a real good offense in Indianapolis given the chance.

Grigson has to go for Josh to do anything with that team though.

Josh was fist pumping like a mad man when his then Denver Broncos beat the Pats in a regular season game 7 or 8 so years ago. This doesn't surprise me. You have to build your own legacy as HC somehow. Andrew Luck is a good cornerstone to build on, I guess.

Sounds like pure guesswork on LaCanforas part. No source or rationale. Probably based on the notion that these teams have a QB in place.

There's a funnier possibility which is if JM hinted to Irsay that he might take the job and refuses after they fire CP and Grigson.

"Dear Mr. Irsay, Although I appreciate the interest and opportunity you have offered I feel that accepting such a position would be deflating to both you and I and therefore cannot accept your offer. "

Irsay: Hi Bill, we turned you in for deflategate. Can we now have permission to speak to Josh McDaniels?

Bill: Oh hey Jim, GTHO.

Last edited:
McD wants the colts job? The only thing I can infer from this is McD is an addict and is looking for a new dealer.

McDaniels is an offensive minded coach. While I hate it, it would be a good fit for him. He would be taking over a team where he doesn't have to find a new QB and has a good one early in his prime.

Why not? Luck is one of the better QBs in the league and that's the number 1 ingredient for success in the NFL. There are 32 positions and you need to set yourself up for success. I don't think pros hold grudges anywhere like fans.

I also don't really hold anything the Colts did against them that much. They thought balls were deflated and if you think that and if you think that somehow gives an advantage to the other team, then I am ok with them trying to stop them by flagging it. I don't see anything wrong there. What the league did with it was what was wrong with the whole thing.

Last edited:
There was a lot of speculation here about a McDaniels + Garoppolo twofer to a QB-needy team. Imagine, instead, a McDaniels + Caserio twofer to a team with a QB. I can see why they'd be tempted to look for a situation like that.

Of course he's interested, Chuckles Pagano was 1 game out of 1st place, Colts is the easiest turnaround job in the NFL.

Might take a few years to get to contender level with their lack of talent but they can get into the playoffs and win a home game in year 1 with competent coaching in the worst division in football.

How bad is the AFC South you ask despite everyone desperate to pump up the Jags and Titans. The Jags stink every year hype or no hype, the Texans have Osweiler and the Tennessee Titans have still never beat Andrew Luck.

Did I miss the Colts fire everybody on the coaching staff because I missed that memo and would lose all respect for Mcdaniels if he goes there

I really hope Josh doesn't go there... The Colts and Jets are just off limits, don't do it Josh!!!

Id root for him wherever he goes except those 2 places

Nice headline. Ever consider working for the National Enquirer?

Irsay: Hi Bill, we turned you in for deflategate. Can we now have permission to speak to Josh McDaniels?

Bill: Oh hey Jim, GTHO.

More like:
Irsay: Bill, if you let me interview JM, I promise I'll be on your side the next time you're accused of cheating.

Bill: Suck my ****.

Well, I wouldn't blame him, really.

After all, a first time coach can get a pass for a failed first attempt.

A coach after two failed attempts is unlikely to get a third.

Josh knows he has to be very selective with his next move and to not jump at the first opportunity.
There are worse things than going to a franchise with a cornerstone quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back