PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels interested in Colts HC job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care where he goes as long as he goes. Can't stand his play calling. Definitely not afraid of him.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN
I don't believe MacDaniels would work for the scumbag Irsay.

Think about his reputation in Denver. Then forget about the fact that he is employed by your team. How about now?

There was a lot of speculation here about a McDaniels + Garoppolo twofer to a QB-needy team. Imagine, instead, a McDaniels + Caserio twofer to a team with a QB. I can see why they'd be tempted to look for a situation like that.

Here is a scenario I kind of pieced together myself, by making a zombie out of various rumor parts posted here recently.

If the Broncos were to trade for Sean Payton and Tony Romo, wouldn't it be smart for the Saints to then lure in Josh McDaniel? They would also have extra draft capital to obtain Jimmy G from the Pats.

The Saints ownership is not problematic is it? It certainly doesn't seem toxic like SF or Buffalo, it is out of the AFC, and they have always admired the Pats and tried to emulate them.

In this scenario I would expect Caserio joining Josh would be possible but I would dislike that part the most.

Looking at it from the Saints' point of view, I see them just treading water right now, and a move like that could energize them.

Think about his reputation in Denver. Then forget about the fact that he is employed by your team. How about now?

Doesn't change my view at all, good ownership will be a key part of his decision imo and Irsay is a crackhead.

You get a job in Indy and you get a pretty long leash. I mean you can truly suck and not get fired way past the point you should of already been fired.

Don't care where he goes as long as he goes. Can't stand his play calling. Definitely not afraid of him.

114.gif

What a brilliant, substantive argument.

Sorry I triggered all the special little snowflakes by having an opinion that is different from their own. I know how confusing and frustrating that is for you children. I'm sure you all were thrilled when Josh called 12 straight post routes to the plodding Scott Chandler in the game against the Broncos last year despite every one of them being abysmal failures, for example.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: SVN

It wasn't an argument. It was a normal response to a ridiculous post.

Sorry I triggered all the special little snowflakes by having an opinion that is different from their own. I know how confusing and frustrating that is for you children. I'm sure you all were thrilled when Josh called 12 straight post routes to the plodding Scott Chandler in the game against the Broncos last year despite every one of them being abysmal failures, for example.

You didn't trigger anyone. You made a ridiculous post that gets recycled time after time. It got responded to. Welcome to the world of internet forums.

Here, take up your argument with Brady:

Brady said that he sees McDaniels “more than anyone else in my life” during football season and that he believes he “could never be the player” that he is without McDaniels’ help. That makes it easy for Brady to see why others would be interested in a coach that he’d love to see remain in New England.

“I see why there is a lot of interest and there should be because I think he’s the best in the NFL,” Brady said. “Great coaches get opportunities and he’s fortunate to be in a position where he should get them because he’s earned it. I would hate to lose him, but I think it’s always aspirational for a coach because it’s great to lead a team, lead an organization.”

Tom Brady on Josh McDaniels: I’d hate to lose him, but teams should want him

But I'm sure that, because he called a pass play when you wanted a run that one time, he's just garbage.

Last edited:
From GOAT to Andrew LuckWhenNOtIntercepted. #decline

There was a lot of speculation here about a McDaniels + Garoppolo twofer to a QB-needy team. Imagine, instead, a McDaniels + Caserio twofer to a team with a QB. I can see why they'd be tempted to look for a situation like that.

I'd think that McDaniels and Caserio are too smart to be working for a druggie, don't you think?

It's clearly just speculation, but it's not crazy. I don't see him making the move with that GM though.

On a larger note, my hope is that the Pats don't lose both coordinators this year. Much harder to fill the brain drain in one year when you lose both as opposed to one.

Last edited:
Agreed, I don't think McDaniels is dumb enough to commit career suicide.

Yet Breer reports he's interested in the 49ers job. If the Colts job is career suicide what is the Niners job?

In your defense, there might be children that logon to the site.

Sounds like pure guesswork on LaCanforas part. No source or rationale. Probably based on the notion that these teams have a QB in place.
Bingo. That sounded more like he was giving his opinion than anything.

I have one question: NEM or maverick4?

Remember both of those posters Nem was fun

I'd think that McDaniels and Caserio are too smart to be working for a druggie, don't you think?

If I were looking for a team to lead, here are the red flags that would steer my away from an owner:

- Meddler who tries to make football decisions
- Quick-hook guy who is constantly churning through coaches, expecting miracles
- Penny-pincher who won't invest in scouting, facilities, etc.

As far as I know, for all of Irsay's faults none of the above describe him.

Meanwhile you have an underachieving team with a talented 27-year-old QB and good salary cap space, preparing to play a 3rd-place schedule in a stunningly soft division. A strong coach-GM tandem should be able to take them to the playoffs and earn years of breathing room to build the team they want. That's an attractive gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back