PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD might succed Bill B

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true it means Josh will be the OC for a few years to come (assuming BB doesn't have a bad surprise for us) so it's all good.

He doesn't have a history of being a good head coach idk but Belichick won't retire for a long time so maybe Josh could be fit by then but I think the true future HC is Steve Belichick maybe Josh could get first since SB is still young and BB could become the GM

My thoughts would be that they must be paying him decent money and I'd bet he's happy with his current responsibilities. :)

Wonder if the development of Jimmy G has anything to do with this?
I like it I think hes a good coach and he clearly has BB's trust.
Matt Patricia I like but look like hes intent to be a head man so Its Detroit or Tenn for him it looks like.

Interesting, given that that article about him from a month or so ago had all the markings of an agent getting some serious ink for a client in anticipation of looking for a HC position.

I wonder if some of the shine has come off of Patricia who seemed as likely a candidate to be the heir apparent as Josh. We won't know until Belichick retires or one/both of the coordinators moves on, I guess.

Clearly they have no idea of the real plan. Belichick will be handing the keys over to his son in 5-10 years. When we say dynasty, we mean it, old school line of succession style.

Clearly they have no idea of the real plan. Belichick will be handing the keys over to his son in 5-10 years. When we say dynasty, we mean it, old school line of succession style.

I'm half convinced they're working on a way to download a copy of BB's brain into Stephen's. :p

Figured this was the case when he turned down interviews last year. McDaniels will become HC and Caserio will get the official GM title.

Remember these are 2 guys that have been here for the 4 SBs. McDaniels and Caserio joined the Pats as assistants in 2001.

If I was McDaniels agent, this is exactly the story I would plant in the media.

He doesn't have a history of being a good head coach idk but Belichick won't retire for a long time so maybe Josh could be fit by then but I think the true future HC is Steve Belichick maybe Josh could get first since SB is still young and BB could become the GM

Neither did Belichick before he got here. As long as he learned from the Denver experience, I think he's earned a second chance, and in the post-Belichick landscape there are few people I'd rather see running the show.

As long as he has a QB he can win.

He was god awful in Denver. I don't know how I feel about this. He destroyed that team and the locker room. Even other coaches hated working under him

He was god awful in Denver. I don't know how I feel about this. He destroyed that team and the locker room. Even other coaches hated working under him

As I recall, Cutler checked out after the Donkeys fired Shanahan—that is, before McDaniels was hired.

As I recall, Cutler checked out after the Donkeys fired Shanahan—that is, before McDaniels was hired.

Dude it goes way beyond cutler. There is a 15 page article on mcdaniels tenure in Denver and it goes in depth about his failures with players in the locker room and assistant coaches too. You can find it on google. Mcdaniels was in way over his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back