PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McD: “I need to get Harry the ball more often”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jules isn't a high point guy. It was a horrible play selection/decision.
He didn't need to high point it, but if he had simply extended his arms rather than waiting for the body catch he probably would have caught it before Breeland had the chance to knock it away.

eh, I'm like 90% sure the guy's a one-trick troll since he registered his account this past week and has spent most of his 16 posts inventing new ways to blame Brady for everything the WRs dropping passes to the running game not being productive. IMO pretty much any standards around conversational courtesy don't really apply to trolls, better to just ridicule them out of existence.
He's right about the fleaflicker, though. That was a weak ball and almost gave the DB time to get back and break it up.

He didn't need to high point it, but if he had simply extended his arms rather than waiting for the body catch he probably would have caught it before Breeland had the chance to knock it away.
Read somewhere JE can't lift one of his arms above his neck.

Read somewhere JE can't lift one of his arms above his neck.

That would mean he's playing through a torn rotator cuff, which is definitely not good.

That would mean he's playing through a torn rotator cuff, which is definitely not good.
Yep. He's a mess.

An Edelman loss would obviously be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

An Edelman loss would obviously be the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

Yeah, lose Edelman and we basically have to hope to win every playoff game 13-10 with 7 of those points coming on an INT return or punt block.

If Edelman has to shoulder the entire burden at WR, he may be in a body bag by the time the playoffs get here. The Pats are supposed to be great at adjusting to what they have to work with. If JM/BB can't adjust this season, it will definitely be one and done in the playoffs.

Yeah, lose Edelman and we basically have to hope to win every playoff game 13-10 with 7 of those points coming on an INT return or punt block.
That’s kinda already the case lol.

He's right about the fleaflicker, though. That was a weak ball and almost gave the DB time to get back and break it up.

Not really. It could have been placed better, but it was still a downright trivial pitch and catch touchdown thrown across the field with a couple yards of separation from the nearest defender.

upload_2019-12-12_9-36-23.png

Last edited:
It doesn't follow to say that speed doesn't matter. An speed isn't even the most important factor (clearly that is catching the ball, and holding on to it).

Speed is an important factor in the success of a WR. However, some make up for average speed by being really good at other skills.

WRs dont need to be fast. .

It doesn't follow to say that speed doesn't matter. An speed isn't even the most important factor (clearly that is catching the ball, and holding on to it).

Speed is an important factor in the success of a WR. However, some make up for average speed by being really good at other skills.

It would be more accurate to say that there are a number of attributes that factor into a WR's ability to get open. Some guys get open on the basis of their speed, and for them speed matters a ton. But as long as the WR possesses some combination of those attributes, he's fine. It's important to have the athletic attributes that enable a receiver to beat man coverage, upon which you can go ahead and check that box and beyond that whatever 40 time he ran in shorts at the combine doesn't really matter. Even correlating combine 40 time to game speed is fraught with uncertainty in its own right.

Last edited:
And possibly a badly torn one if he can’t lift his arm over his head. A partially torn rotator cuff is something that you can still play with although your range of motion is still negatively impacted. I had a partially torn rotator cuff (that has since been repaired) and could still lift my arm over my head with some pain. Guy is a tough SOB, though. That’s for sure.

I have torn my rotator cuff and the pain when catching fly balls was excruciating. Jules is N absolute stud.

I have torn my rotator cuff and the pain when catching fly balls was excruciating. Jules is N absolute stud.

I had a torn rotator cuff too. It was brutal. I had to take opioid pain killers to sleep.

WRs dont need to be fast. I am so sick of people complaining about Harry's "lack" of speed. Hes 6-4 225. It might come to pass he needs to lose a couple of pounds. Josh came in bigger and it hurt him.

At the end of the day WRs need to know how to run precise routes, deal with contact, get open consistently and most importantly catch the ball.

If speed were all that mattered Phillip Dorsett would have JE11 numbers.

Dropsett is a dim bulb. Like Josh Gordon.

WRs need to be either fast or quick. Harry is neither.

On the TD catch n run Harry took a shot and stayed on his feet. Based on that lone instance hes a tough mutha to bring down.

Harry sounds like the 2nd coming of Dan Graham.

For years,this board built Graham up as an up and coming Antonio Gates 2.0 with a 1st round pick price tag when the time came for the Pats to cash in via trade.

Dropsett is a dim bulb. Like Josh Gordon.

WRs need to be either fast or quick. Harry is neither.
Nothing wrong with 4.5 as long as he catches the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes